Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Golf

34 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Nice conditions: Americans .

You must have missed Schauffele, Horschel and Henley finishing 1st, T-2 and 5th at Troon. It was an outstanding tournament, you should check out the highlights. lol

7 minutes ago, The_77 said:

You must have missed Schauffele, Horschel and Henley finishing 1st, T-2 and 5th at Troon. It was an outstanding tournament, you should check out the highlights. lol

Yes I know it was tough generally but was easier today so probably helped them a bit ?

Just now, Super_horns said:

Yes I know it was tough generally but was easier today so probably helped them a bit ?

Anyone on that leaderboard still had to get through the gauntlet of days 1-3 to even be in position today. Luckily the players and the fans at Troon this weekend don’t have time for those sort of takes and respected the great golf and grit shown by so much of the players from around the world. 

13 hours ago, Super_horns said:

Nice conditions: Americans .

I agree that under benign conditions the Americans will often excel 

that’s why I pitched for one to win at -8 when I posted on Saturday evening. 

but to do that they had to be there and whilst some had benefited from good weather Saturday morning, others had really needed to battle the elements to be in contention. as is often the case, the open is a real test of the golfer - half of the the last ten have been won by an American 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

image.thumb.png.85e1b8a6ac703eb626e018493ea6a903.png

What a photo, i got a last minute invite to The Open when a friend had to work and no longer couldn't go. Great view on Schauffele on the 6th Tee. 

Nice one!  That you in the lavender coat on the left?

• Haha 1

Has anyone set up a simulator at home?

Just wondering if it's worth it and what I need.

Looking at a Garmin R10 launch monitor and possibly linking it to E6 or something similar? And projecting it.

It'd be an outside set up in a net as I don't have space inside.

4 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Looking at a Garmin R10 launch monitor and possibly linking it to E6 or something similar? And projecting it.

Seem to recall @The Bear posted some pics of his home simulator set up a while ago?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Have to let us know how it gets on, always been tempted to try and get one set up myself but never got around to it.

Did pull the trigger on some i525s today though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tom27111 said:

Exactly what I did. E6 is a subscription service but you get up to 5 free courses (I think) if you go through iOS. Awesome Golf is also an option as it has a really good practice mode (with club face and path angles) and has a cheap monthly sub.

I bought a cheap iPad so I could use both services, which then links to my R10 via Bluetooth, and also connects to my phone via WiFi hot-spot for the internet connection. 

I made my own golf mat too 😊

I'll find the post with the pics as it was only a couple of months ago. 

Edited by The Bear
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Exactly what I did. E6 is a subscription service but you get up to 5 free courses (I think) if you go through iOS. For that reason I bought a cheap iPad which links to my R10 via Bluetooth, and also connects to my phone via WiFi hot-spot for the internet connection. 

I made my own golf mat too 😊

I'll find the post with the pics as it was only a couple of months ago. 

You like it? I use Trackman a lot at my range (waaay too much for home) for shot data rather than playing the courses. How is it for that kind of stuff? 

1 minute ago, Zear0 said:

You like it? I use Trackman a lot at my range (waaay too much for home) for shot data rather than playing the courses. How is it for that kind of stuff? 

It depends which launch monitor you buy. The Garmin R10 is pretty good. And you can get it to read spin as well by putting a bit of metal tape on the ball 

Do you have a projector @The Bear

And is the launch monitor accurate for draw/fade? OK, I mean a huge slice with a driver lol

I'm thinking of building some kind of 3 sided structure, then put a roof on it. The roof would overhang and I'd strike in to the structure. 

I've got the perfect spot for it in the garden, right next to the house.

I just need to break the news to the Mrs. Wish me luck.

14 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Do you have a projector @The Bear

And is the launch monitor accurate for draw/fade? OK, I mean a huge slice with a driver lol

I'm thinking of building some kind of 3 sided structure, then put a roof on it. The roof would overhang and I'd strike in to the structure. 

I've got the perfect spot for it in the garden, right next to the house.

I just need to break the news to the Mrs. Wish me luck.

I just did a cheap mat/net/launch monitor setup and didn't go for the whole enclosure business. I can put all mine away in the shed in the winter.