Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Golf

Have you been betting on the golf so far this year Socceroo?

Had a nice win with Simpson at the Shriners Hospitals open, but i havent dont anything in the two Hawaiian events so far.

Id got a couple of small each ways on Woodland and Garrigus this week though, so we will see how they go.

• 2 weeks later...

Cracking Final Round here at Torrey Pines. Backed Speith, De Laet and Day who are all still going well. But I would happily ser them lose if Big Mark Leishman wins it and good to see my old mate KJ Choi doing well.

Surprised KJ is up there, wouldnt have thought it was his kind of course with the deep rough, sea level atmosphere and big length on the south course

Ive got a sneaking feeling for Perez, although not backed any of theose in contention

Surprised KJ is up there, wouldnt have thought it was his kind of course with the deep rough, sea level atmosphere and big length on the south course

Ive got a sneaking feeling for Perez, although not backed any of theose in contention

KJ not won since 2011 and that win was a surprise. I don't think he will win I think 9 maybe 10 under will win it. Can't believe how many there are within 2 shots

Its amazing given how Woodland has played he is near the lead. He has had to scramble his balls off.

18 is a birdie chance for everyone, so its still possible Leishman and Woodland could threaten stallings, but it looks like -9 is the magic number

Anyone betting on Dubai Desert/ Phoenix Open this week?

Only had one bet this week Jason Kokrak at 100/1. Bogey, Bogey finish wasn't Ideal  but his still up there.

In the tipping comp i'm I've tipped.

Dubai: Peter Hanson, Quiros and Lutien.

Phoenix: De Laet (One of my fav golfers), Matsyuama and Rickie Fowler (Don't know why i bother with Rickie Fowler any more). Would of had Kokrak but didn't think he was playing cos he was that far down on the list.

Only had one bet this week Jason Kokrak at 100/1. Bogey, Bogey finish wasn't Ideal  but his still up there.

In the tipping comp i'm I've tipped.

Dubai: Peter Hanson, Quiros and Lutien.

Phoenix: De Laet (One of my fav golfers), Matsyuama and Rickie Fowler (Don't know why i bother with Rickie Fowler any more). Would of had Kokrak but didn't think he was playing cos he was that far down on the list.

Yeah you need to lay off Fowler really. Hes trying to change his swing a little bit with Butch Harmon, but he is way too wild at the best of times. Its no good having a player who can shoot 2 or 3 good rounds of 4, that wont get the job done and he racks up an untold number of double and triple bogeys.

I like your Phoenix picks. Sort of course that suits a bomber, so Having De Laet and Kokrak in there are smart choices. Should give themselves plenty of opportunities to be hitting wedges into the flags. Youll be looking at a -15 ish winning score unless someone runs the tables so playing the par 5's well is hugely important.

Yeah very surprised Phil is so down the order maybe his injury is worse than first thought.

Strange one with Phil. Didnt play the wednesday pro-am, and said prior to the tournament that if he wasnt defending the title then he probably wouldnt have played. Then played well today but finished with late bogeys to drop back to even par, but said he felt close to a really good score and the back felt fine.

I certainly think hes capable of shooting a 66 or 65 tomorrow and playing his way back into the tournament thats for sure.

Ok, first things first, Bubba looked really uncomfortable on the back 9, and i wouldnt go as far as saying it was a choke job, but some of his swings were downright terrible. The putting stroke didnt hold up. Stadler was gifted one.

Thankfully, De Laet and Matsuyama would have got something back for Socceroo for finishing 2nd and 4th. Good tournament overall

Ok, first things first, Bubba looked really uncomfortable on the back 9, and i wouldnt go as far as saying it was a choke job, but some of his swings were downright terrible. The putting stroke didnt hold up. Stadler was gifted one.

Thankfully, De Laet and Matsuyama would have got something back for Socceroo for finishing 2nd and 4th. Good tournament overall

The Phoenix is always a good one to watch, generally some of the biggest crowds outside of the majors. Spewing for De Laet he is always there abouts but can never quite get the job done. Was hoping for Kokrak but a poor finish to his round yesterday signalled the end really.

The Phoenix is always a good one to watch, generally some of the biggest crowds outside of the majors. Spewing for De Laet he is always there abouts but can never quite get the job done. Was hoping for Kokrak but a poor finish to his round yesterday signalled the end really.

Was a good watch. I was a little surprised no one in the leading pack could come up with a low one. There was one out there, Howell iii and De Laet found a 65, and i agree with you about De Laet. All he has to do is get himself over the line for the first time and could definitely see him having a 10-15 win career, i rate his game that highly i really do.

Just as a side note, Anthony Kim: Will he come back? he hasnt played a tour event for going on 3 years, he has 20+ starts available to him on a medical exemption but will he ever come back?

Was a good watch. I was a little surprised no one in the leading pack could come up with a low one. There was one out there, Howell iii and De Laet found a 65, and i agree with you about De Laet. All he has to do is get himself over the line for the first time and could definitely see him having a 10-15 win career, i rate his game that highly i really do.

Just as a side note, Anthony Kim: Will he come back? he hasnt played a tour event for going on 3 years, he has 20+ starts available to him on a medical exemption but will he ever come back?

Yeah his a ripping bloke too, i'm claiming he grew his beard because of me. When they won on the 18th on the first day at the Presidents cup they ran over to us as we were going nuts and he just grabbed my beard and screamed in my face haha.

It's hard to know if it's mental or he has legit injuries. Remember reading he would even practice away from the main practice areas and wouldn't use the locker rooms as he feels the others watch his game too much and whisper about him. That is never a good sign for a professional golfer.