Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Golf

What are the Ryder Cup teams looking like at the minute, Ric?

Quite interesting really as there's quite a few big names who you'd expect to be a shoe-in that currently aren't in the positions. America do theirs differently to Europe but here are the current standings.

http://www.rydercup.com/europe/2014/team/european-ryder-cup-points-list

As you can see Westwood and Poulter aren't in the qualifying spots as of yet. Jiminez would be amazing if he qualified, but he's just outside from what I can gather. I'm surprised Donald is in as it stands, his game has been fairly poor for 18 months now. 

Tiger will need to step it up in the next few months as he's out of it as it stands, he'd have to rely on a captains pick and you never know with that. Mickleson is another who isn't in a place right now.

http://www.rydercup.com/usa/2014/team/usa-ryder-cup-points-list?atrack=hp_carrousel-t1_2

Quite interesting really as there's quite a few big names who you'd expect to be a shoe-in that currently aren't in the positions. America do theirs differently to Europe but here are the current standings.

As you can see Westwood and Poulter aren't in the qualifying spots as of yet. Jiminez would be amazing if he qualified, but he's just outside from what I can gather. I'm surprised Donald is in as it stands, his game has been fairly poor for 18 months now. 

Tiger will need to step it up in the next few months as he's out of it as it stands, he'd have to rely on a captains pick and you never know with that. Mickleson is another who isn't in a place right now.

http://www.rydercup.com/usa/2014/team/usa-ryder-cup-points-list?atrack=hp_carrousel-t1_2

Yeah I have just watched a piece on Sky Sports News about the Ryder Cup, there is no way that Tom Watson isn't going to pick both Mickleson and Woods, both will play. 

Very surprised Jimenez isn't in, he's been brilliant this year!

I imagine McDowell will be one of our picks should he not make it.

Edited by HowardsBulletHeader

Keegan Bradley isn't in there yet is he? Please God.. 

There are very few golfers i have feelings of dislike towards, most of the players i admire, and dont root for/dislike, i just admire their skills, but Keegan Bradley is one of those i simply do not like.

I just hate the way he swears and spits his way up every fairway, he barely acknowledges the fans either at Opens, certainly when ive seen him. OK, fair enough, the Open might not be your cup of tea, but at least acknowledge those who have come out to clap you, and just stop spitting, its uncalled for and disgusting.

There are very few golfers i have feelings of dislike towards, most of the players i admire, and dont root for/dislike, i just admire their skills, but Keegan Bradley is one of those i simply do not like.

I just hate the way he swears and spits his way up every fairway, he barely acknowledges the fans either at Opens, certainly when ive seen him. OK, fair enough, the Open might not be your cup of tea, but at least acknowledge those who have come out to clap you, and just stop spitting, its uncalled for and disgusting.

He's what is known as a c*nt

Think I mentioned before at the presidents cup only Phil could play with him as the rest hated him, that was told to me by golfers from both sides.

• 2 weeks later...

Righty, I've taken up golf (well, trying too).

Did 18 holes about a month ago in 181.

I did the back 9 yesterday is 63, improvement of 27 shots !!!

I've got a new driver and putter, I'm after some new irons, can anyone recommend a decent set for a starter ? I'm not looking to break the bank either though.

You should come have a round with me.

Not played for 17 years and decided to take up the sport again last month aged 34.

Spent hours on the range and putting greens. Can putt no worries and am driving really well on range. So last week I hit the course for 9 holes.

Shot 70 bastard 5.

Driving went to pot and hit 5 off the tee on one par3.

However this afternoon I hit 54 on the same 9. Huge difference and really pleased to only be 5 shots worse than the lad I was playing with.

You should come have a round with me.

Not played for 17 years and decided to take up the sport again last month aged 34.

Spent hours on the range and putting greens. Can putt no worries and am driving really well on range. So last week I hit the course for 9 holes.

Shot 70 bastard 5.

Driving went to pot and hit 5 off the tee on one par3.

However this afternoon I hit 54 on the same 9. Huge difference and really pleased to only be 5 shots worse than the lad I was playing with.

The great thing about golf is, THAT ONE SHOT amongst the 75 and 54 will keep you coming back for more again and again. You know the one i mean, the one you nutted that came right out of the middle and felt like butter.

Great to have you back in the game.

Just as a side note, these "personal challenges" that Dustin Johnson is facing might include his friends Jack Daniels and Charlie if the word from the inside is anything to go by. You dont just discover "personal challenges" after a tied 12th at the Open and then flying back to Montreal to play the Canadian Open. People are speculating he has almost certainly failed a PGA tour drug test.

Dustin Johnson banned for 6 months because he's partial to a sniff!!

Not the least bit surprised been a lot of rumors about him for years, from cheating, drinking and drugs. I remember seeing him in 2011 and he didn't look right then a real moody bastard who you could tell had issues.

Also Just Rose playing some great golf at the minute, great to watch

This hasn't been made official has it? But I find it strange how a guy who was bang in form just decides to quit for 6 months.

Yep. That's why he's "quit" for 6 months. Because he's banned. Edited by Bert

Finally took out the weekly win in the golf tipping comp after having Leishman and Ogilvy

Well done mate, spotted you'd snaffled it yesterday! What you lumping the 25 notes on? Can't help but think Jonas Blixt looks massive at 250s. He isn't in the best of form but he finished 4th in the USPGA last year and was 2nd at The Masters. He's not fazed by majors. Ryan Palmer looks a huge price too, I like his game for Valhalla.

In other news. I've re-joined Hinckley Golf Club after a 14 year absence. Moving back to Leics from London in 3 weeks and needed to get my priorities straight. Now it's all about putting in 3 dubious cards and getting off 18 and clearing up in all the comps..... hahahahahaaaa