Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Golf

In other news. I've re-joined Hinckley Golf Club after a 14 year absence. Moving back to Leics from London in 3 weeks and needed to get my priorities straight. Now it's all about putting in 3 dubious cards and getting off 18 and clearing up in all the comps..... hahahahahaaaa

My mate plays off 3 there. Lengthened the track recently for competitions, the 11th tee is a very tasty tee shot thesedays!! Sometimes when I'm back home I go for a knock with him.

Well done mate, spotted you'd snaffled it yesterday! What you lumping the 25 notes on? Can't help but think Jonas Blixt looks massive at 250s. He isn't in the best of form but he finished 4th in the USPGA last year and was 2nd at The Masters. He's not fazed by majors. Ryan Palmer looks a huge price too, I like his game for Valhalla.

Posted this in the betting thread but does anyone know where is paying more than 6 for USPGA this week?

Im very much liking Brandt Snedeker this week for the PGA at 60/1. He has been in poor form this year which has been strange for someone who is usually a week in week out player. However, he feels like he has a new lease of life since leaving his former coach and moving to Butch Harmon. Encouraging signs were present at the Canadian Open, before Snedeker strung 3 good rounds together at the Bridgestone before cooling off on sunday. He is certainly due a big week and has the pedigree to win big tournaments, as shown by not wilting under the strain of trying to win the Fedex Cup $10 million purse in 2012. Im liking his chances.

Could be the end of Tiger? So many injuries and he just can't seem to get over these back complaints.

The beginning of the decline for Tiger was in this very tournament, when YE Yang stared him down on Sunday and broke the run of always winning when leading in the final round. It was around that time he started to fall apart golf wise, life wise.......he has won tour events since of course but his game couldnt win a major in its current state

Most winners of the PGA do well at Bridgestone the week before. The course is set up for a longer hitter at Valhalla, which again plays into the hands of Rory. Can't see much value in backing a 5/1 in such a huge field though, so gone for a few E/W punts.

Fowler 25/1
Bradley 28/1
Kuchar 30/1
Furyk 35/1
Leishman 50/1

As an aside, playing Whetstone for the first time this afternoon, anyone who has played it before tell me what the course is like and any tips for playing it.

I like Justin Rose, been playing some good golf. Mind you a lot of the favorites have been playing pretty good in recent weeks.

Going to have an each way bet on Kevin Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa at some odds this week. Been ok last couple of weeks but overall this season his been pretty good, think if he shows that for he will be in the mix and work a crack currently 160/1 on the exchange.

Will also check out Zach Johnson and Patrick Reed

Guest lcfc80

My mate plays off 3 there. Lengthened the track recently for competitions, the 11th tee is a very tasty tee shot thesedays!! Sometimes when I'm back home I go for a knock with him.

Posted this in the betting thread but does anyone know where is paying more than 6 for USPGA this week?

will post in the betting thread as well but Join Totesport Here  and all new customers can get paid on 10 places plus a £25 free bet

My bets are done for this week at the PGA:

Brandt Snedeker 66/1 outright £5(StanJames): For the reasons stated above. Loving working with Butch Harmon and showing hugely encouraging signs of returning to his old form. Cool temprament and needing a big week, he will have one at Valhalla

Chris Kirk E/W 150/1 £5 (Paddypower): Chris Kirk flies under the radar far too much for a player of such talent. Won the McGladrey classic at the beginning of the season and has gone on to make 22 of 23 cuts this season, making a whopping $3 million in the process. Top 20s at the Open, The Masters and The Players Championship show he is no shrinking violet in the big events, and will want to lock up his Ryder Cup qualification.

John Senden E/W 200/1 £5 (Skybet): Senden is an old fashionned ball striker, who has a trend of playing difficult golf courses well. either side of winning the Valspar, Senden top 10 finished at Augusta, tied 5th at Colonial and handled the difficult conditions at McGladrey to finish 4th. Has made all but 4 of his cuts this season, and whilst short of form in recent tournaments, his price looks too generous to refuse

Whose that mate, I probably know him. Yeah 11th is a different beast now. The 5th is much, much harder too.

Jimmy Walker is form man. 3 wins and top ten in first two majors. Not far away in The Open fell away in round four. I don't know what he ended up today but I've had a couple of quid on him.

I also hope Westwood doesn't do what he does best and bottle it, got him at 85/1 - good start!

3 tournament wins for Jimmy I mean. I went for the three W's, Westwood, Walker and Woods. I can't resist tiger at 40s don't care if his spine is broken forever :P

Edited by maddog

Jimmy Walker is form man. 3 wins and top ten in first two majors. Not far away in The Open fell away in round four. I don't know what he ended up today but I've had a couple of quid on him.

I also hope Westwood doesn't do what he does best and bottle it, got him at 85/1 - good start!

3 tournament wins for Jimmy I mean. I went for the three W's, Westwood, Walker and Woods. I can't resist tiger at 40s don't care if his spine is broken forever :P

Walker was 2 under 1st round. Not a bad start. I've fancied him for The Open and USPGA for the very reasons you have stated. Likewise Victor Dubuisson.

I don't know who I want to win. Stenson has been knocking on the door for a while, would be good to see Rory win again, and I don't know how you can't love Fowler or big Phil. Great golf all round too.

Tiger has pulled out of attempting to play at the Ryder Cup

Probably help the US team to be honest. He has a good singles record (although I still remember Rocca beating him famously at Valderrama), but I cant help but think his fousomes and fourball struggles are at least in part to him putting his playing partner off. Cant be easy to play with arguably the best player ever, even if he is on your team. Plus he fires up his opponents.

Quite like the look of the course they are playing the Danish Open on. Not seen Himmerland GC before, but flicked on earlier and i particularly like the par 3's there and with Thomas Bjorn and Thorbjorn Olesen enjoying good opening rounds, it looks like it should be a very good addition to the European Tour schedule.

Probably help the US team to be honest. He has a good singles record (although I still remember Rocca beating him famously at Valderrama), but I cant help but think his fousomes and fourball struggles are at least in part to him putting his playing partner off. Cant be easy to play with arguably the best player ever, even if he is on your team. Plus he fires up his opponents.

Quite like the look of the course they are playing the Danish Open on. Not seen Himmerland GC before, but flicked on earlier and i particularly like the par 3's there and with Thomas Bjorn and Thorbjorn Olesen enjoying good opening rounds, it looks like it should be a very good addition to the European Tour schedule.

The way he is playing more than anything to not have him there is a great result for the yanks.

Rankings so far:

1 1 Bubba WATSON* 6,930.038 2 4 Rickie FOWLER* 6,733.253 3 2 Jim FURYK* 6,707.694 4 3 Jimmy WALKER* 6,111.405 5 10 Phil MICKELSON* 5,510.338 6 5 Matt KUCHAR* 5,114.665 7 6 Jordan SPIETH* 4,835.827 8 7 Patrick REED* 3,650.227 9 9 Zach JOHNSON* 3,568.694

My 3 Captains Picks:

Dufner, Bradley and it could be anyone Sticker, Moore, Simpson, Snedeker, Kirk, English or a dark horse in Koepeka.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

2015 season starting to get back in to action. Whose everyone's tips to have a good season then?

I tend to look at rookies going for their first win or who will take it to the next level and I really like the look of Hudson Swafford and Justin Thomas on the PGA Tour, I believe both will win this season and Scott Langley and Tony Finau are two others to keep an eye on in America.

In Europe it's great to see local lad Jason Palmer get his tour card, his unusual one handed chipping and pitching will gain him some attention but I also think he could compete at the business end of some tournaments. I'll be keeping an eye on him in lower grade events such as Madeira Open where he could take advantage. Matt Fitzpatrick is a hugely talented player who also got his card this year. I watched him at Muirfield in The Open in 2013 and this lad was fearless. He doesn't yet possess the power of some golfers but he'll do well on courses that require more than just booming drives.

I simply cannot believe what Kaymer did on Sunday in Abu Dhabi, i'm glad i'm not in the betting game anymore because that was sickening for a lot of people. There was some big Kaymer/Walker doubles that people missed out on.

On a personal note, i'm back at Hinckley Golf Club after a 13 year hiatus having moved back from London. They've stuck me straight off 7 which i'm not too pleased about, was hoping for a few more shots in the bank but will have to knuckle down in the winter to get my game ready for the spring.