Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Golf

I just hope it's a classic final round today, I'd love it to go to the wire whoever wins. I think Mickleson might do it once again. Rory and Tiger playing together is also a thrilling side show too. You never know, if one of them shoots 64 then they could be be in the mix.

The up and down on 18 yesterday for Spieth was massive psychologically. If he had bogeyed the last, he would have let a good round under thr circumstances go in the space of two holes. But his putting stroke has never lost its confidence, and speed.

That said, a four shot lead is a difficult lead to manage.

If he was tied for the lead, or leader by one, hed just keep the pedal to the metal and keep pushing on. Id back him with that putting stroke in a straight shootout if that was the scenario.

If he led by six, he would know that a 71 would do it. So as long as he played the par 5s okay, and didnt blow up anywhere with his course management, hed be fine.

Four shots however, he knows Mickelson will come at him hard early doors. Hes just going to fire at everything, and if he gets -2 through 6, it would be interesting to see how Spieth reacts.

Mickelsons wheels could fall off too of course, but without much pressure, he could easily freewheel a 66 today, and that would definitely make things interesting.

Spieth definitely for me under pressure still fears a left ball and will leak tee shots to the right at times today. Look out for that. It seemed to be evident even yesterday on 17 and 18. 17 He hit the left ball that he fears, natural reaction on 18 he chicken wings through impact and hits a high block into the gallery way right. When youre a handsy player, you have to be on it. This is the only real weakness he has..

Augusta has just been absolutely owned.

Wire to wire winner, birdie record, joint lowest 72 hole score in history (and dont forget the course has been lengthened significantly since Tiger's record) and the low 36 hole score record.

64-66-70-70 round Augusta, I mean, thats playstation golf.

Rose and Mickelson shot -14, and never had a sniff. Never got close to him.

I mean, the guy is absolutely fearless, he wields that putter like a wand.

1st hole of the day, hes nursing a 4 shot lead, will he be nervous? will he consolidate his lead?

Grabs a 3 wood, nuts it 285 down the middle, stiffs it to 10ft with a wedge, and drains the putt. Questions answered.

the approach on (forgot the hole) just after he'd bogeyed and gone from 6 in front to 4 in front due to mickelson's birdie summed him up. any sane person would've laid up and made 100% sure he got a par to keep ticking over and not give anyone else hope. strolled up to it and nailed it straight at the pin. like donut said, fearless.

the approach on (forgot the hole) just after he'd bogeyed and gone from 6 in front to 4 in front due to mickelson's birdie summed him up. any sane person would've laid up and made 100% sure he got a par to keep ticking over and not give anyone else hope. strolled up to it and nailed it straight at the pin. like donut said, fearless.

I know! Grabs the three wood out on 13, hes turned it over round the corner on a sloping lie, youre sitting there thinking if you get this wrong, you could airmail the green, you could find the water, you could tug it left into the bunker which is easy to do off that lie and youve got a really tough shot from there. Lay up, wedge it on, take a 4 if it comes, make sure you get a 5.

He just grabs a mid iron and rips it straight at the flag. I mean absolutely gunned it at the flag.

Top draw performance and what was more impressive was his temperament. Very rarely did he look flustered by anything going on. Good return on my bets too with him winning and Lefty picking me up some E/W cash.

Some good performance down the field too, with Matsuyama and Dustin both playing some impressive golf and could have a major in them this year. Nice to see both Casey and Poults getting back to some sort of form too having been in the wilderness for a while.

No amateurs made the cut this year sadly, so no low amateur prize.

Augusta have opened up more spots to amateurs now, to accomodate the latin american amateur champion and the asian amateur champion.

Notable mention to Mark O'Meara too this week, a grizzled veteran now, closed with a 68 today for a -2 total, tied 22nd. That takes some doing when you cant muscle it off the tee..