Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

PS4 to be announced?

Fed up of all the big features being about multiplayer! If I wanted to play a game where you get all this 'noob' crap chucked at you because you've only started playing or you need to have 3,4,5 other people to get your money's worth from a game then I'd get it on pc.

Been the Same on 360 and ps3 way too much time spent on online play at development stage and giving us a 12 hour campaign or story for 40 quid!

I don't really understand why people are getting so worked up about the fact that the console wasn't actually shown. I watched the event to see what the PS4 could do, not what it actually looked like.

Thing that impressed me most was how the handled the whole thing. The PS4 is clearly marketed for hardcore gamers. They spent a good 75% of the presentation talking purely about new games. I'm glad they arnt pushing the motion control gimmick. The online features look great, and the graphics look incredible. Was most impressed by Killzone and that Capcom game with the dragon and all the fire going on. And how good was that square enix tech demo! the hint at the end of a new final fantasy game at 3e, I really hope its a FF7 remake finally. Id buy the console for that game alone.

Definitely pissed off the console wasn't shown however I'm still glad I watched it. That GDDR5 RAM is gonna be crazy, as well as the dual processors, it does make me wonder what kind of mobo they're using though as most dual CPU mobo's are server boards and generally not too good. Just on tech specs alone Microsoft are gonna have to pull something special out the bag to match/beat that.

Considering all the rumours were pointing to 4gb of gddr5, the fact that it's 8gb is ridiculous. If the rumours of the next box running 8gb of ddr3 and 4 of it just for the os are true then microsoft are screwed.

Like a moron I fell asleep just before the end of the conference. Can anyone who watched it in full tell me if there was any details about the Call of Duty franchise being earmarked for a game on ps4?

I must also agree with Amin, it was a shame of course that the console wasn't shown but being more of a tech geek I only really tuned in to hear details about new and improved features.

Still not sure which one I'll end up getting. The stuff I've heard about the Xbox sounds amazing and it sounds like it'll be much more geared towards being more than a console i.e. more of a media centre, which is what I want from my console. I watch all my TV shows and films via an external HD connected to my ps3 at the minute. But not being able to play second hand games would be a big, big turn off for me.

Like a moron I fell asleep just before the end of the conference. Can anyone who watched it in full tell me if there was any details about the Call of Duty franchise being earmarked for a game on ps4?

I must also agree with Amin, it was a shame of course that the console wasn't shown but being more of a tech geek I only really tuned in to hear details about new and improved features.

Nothing about COD, the last thing they showed was the new Bungie FPS, Destiny, which looked great, but im pretty sure that'l be on the next xbox too.

Really dont understand why people are getting mardy about them not showing the console. Who cares how it looks! Gaming pc's are usually huge bricks but people still buy them.

Nothing about COD, the last thing they showed was the new Bungie FPS, Destiny, which looked great, but im pretty sure that'l be on the next xbox too.

Really dont understand why people are getting mardy about them not showing the console. Who cares how it looks! Gaming pc's are usually huge bricks but people still buy them.

Only if you buy one 'off-the-shelf', making your own, shove in some deep red watercooling and copper blocks, decent side panel with a window, nice cable management and you'll have a beautiful looking pc.

I have no idea what so ever about the consoles itself so i've got two questions.

1. When is the PS4 coming out?

2. How much will one cost me?

PS4 price: how much will it cost?

No pricing details were revealed at the event, so all we've got to go on are various rumours from before the launch - but it might be that Sony has a price point of around $400 in mind for the US release. That translates to around £255 so you could extrapolate that to around £299.

This is further backed up by a recent report in The Times which states that Sony is aiming for a price of under £300 in the U.K. Many people think it'll be more than that though - we'll just have to wait and see.

Worldwide release mate, It's coming out in all regions at the same time. Gone are the days of Japan getting everything six months earlier.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2013-02-21-sony-ps4-will-play-used-games

Yoshida was less transparent on the European release date however. While the date is set for Christmas for the US and Japan, Europe has traditionally seen a later release for consoles.

"Europe is an enormously important market," he said.

"That's no question. So I hope European consumers can play PS4 as soon as it's available somewhere, but I'm not making promises."

PlayStation 3 launched in Europe a full four months after the US and Japan, and fans will be keen to hear reassurance the same delays won't happen again.

"For one thing the system has to be complete and we have to understand the manufacturing pace of it. Then we have to kind of look at the demand predictions and we have to decide whether we can go global or like [the rumour]. So it takes more time for us to know that."

Archived