Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

PS4 to be announced?

Definitely pissed off the console wasn't shown however I'm still glad I watched it. That GDDR5 RAM is gonna be crazy, as well as the dual processors, it does make me wonder what kind of mobo they're using though as most dual CPU mobo's are server boards and generally not too good. Just on tech specs alone Microsoft are gonna have to pull something special out the bag to match/beat that.

Tech specs are irrelevant if nobody can afford to buy the console. The PS3 is technically far better than the 360 but you'd have to be delusional to deny Microsoft won this round with serious gamers.

Just as the PS and PS2 proved whilst rivaling the N64 and original Xbox, affordability and ease of programming (ergo more game choice) will win over specs and technology any day of the week.

People will put graphics on the afterthought pile if games are just better elsewhere.

Tech specs are irrelevant if nobody can afford to buy the console. The PS3 is technically far better than the 360 but you'd have to be delusional to deny Microsoft won this round with serious gamers.

Just as the PS and PS2 proved whilst rivaling the N64 and original Xbox, affordability and ease of programming (ergo more game choice) will win over specs and technology any day of the week.

People will put graphics on the afterthought pile if games are just better elsewhere.

Agreed Microsoft won this round, I own a 360 myself. But now wish I'd gone for a PS3 instead if only for the blu-ray player side of things which, I could inadvertently blame on Microsoft as they haven't supported them in windows media player and other software is quite expensive. Aren't the 360 and the PS3 both x86 architecture? So therefore the programming for both will be virtually the same?

It's nto coming out for a year, it's probably not even got a case yet.

It was a pretty shit announcement, no console, no price, no release date if I'm correct, and a few games with sketchy details.

Although the gaming media is making about it is a little silly it wasn't anywhere near as bad as they're making out.

It was a pretty shit announcement, no console, no price, no release date if I'm correct, and a few games with sketchy details.

Although the gaming media is making about it is a little silly it wasn't anywhere near as bad as they're making out.

I'm not sure what anyone was expecting so far from release. General consensus seems to be a Q4 release for Japan and US.

The game trailers were pretty decent and some new features were rolled off. E3 is the biggest gaming conference in the world, they weren't going to release half-baked info now when they've got to pack E3 full of stuff (much closer to release) this summer. It was just a teaser.

Shop to.net are listing this as a preorder for £400. Save 11%, they claim a full retail of £450.

The description of the console is a joke. Having screwed up PS3 marketing strategies for years, the announcement of this clearly shows they haven't learnt from their mistakes.

These games showcased - is it real in game footage or just some poncy cgi crap they made us believe was real just like last time around?

Not impressed.

Shop to.net are listing this as a preorder for £400. Save 11%, they claim a full retail of £450.

The description of the console is a joke. Having screwed up PS3 marketing strategies for years, the announcement of this clearly shows they haven't learnt from their mistakes.

These games showcased - is it real in game footage or just some poncy cgi crap they made us believe was real just like last time around?

Not impressed.

None of the stuff shown was cgi apart from the imfamous trailer?!? Think your underestimating the graphics capability a bit tbh. That is how the games are going to look.

Don't really get what you mean about the 'description being a joke' either? They showcased a lot of features, what else do you want them to do?!? They arnt going to tell us everything now, what would be the point in that?!?

Were lucky to know anything at this point, it's not like microsoft have come out and told us prices on the new xbox and eveything yet is it?

It's a very cheap marketing strategy, yet effective.

Sony haven't really revealed a lot, talked in-depth about hypothetical services they plan to offer, and showed a couple of demos run on high-end PCs in order to demonstrate the capabilities of a console that doesn't exist yet (otherwise there would've already been a real PS4 console on display).

But it seems to do the trick: So many folks are getting carried away, overhype it months before it's even been released and willfully ignore the lack of facts.

Sony clearly are shit-scared about the market right now and are simply testing the feedback from the community (with pre-orders and the likes).

Their image has suffered quite a bit in recent months (user account scandal), they now they can't afford another marketing flop and don't forget that the gaming market is highly competitive.

All in all, Sony offered a lot of hot air and little tangible information.

Make of that what you want, it's just my personal opinion.

It's a very cheap marketing strategy, yet effective.

Sony haven't really revealed a lot, talked in-depth about hypothetical services they plan to offer, and showed a couple of demos run on high-end PCs in order to demonstrate the capabilities of a console that doesn't exist yet (otherwise there would've already been a real PS4 console on display).

But it seems to do the trick: So many folks are getting carried away, overhype it months before it's even been released and willfully ignore the lack of facts.

Sony clearly are shit-scared about the market right now and are simply testing the feedback from the community (with pre-orders and the likes).

Their image has suffered quite a bit in recent months (user account scandal), they now they can't afford another marketing flop and don't forget that the gaming market is highly competitive.

All in all, Sony offered a lot of hot air and little tangible information.

Make of that what you want, it's just my personal opinion.

I get the whole marketing thing. I just don't get why people are giving them such a hard time about it. Why isnt everyone giving microsoft a hard time for being so tight lipped about everything to do with their new console? we liturally know nothing about it! This event was put together to show people what to expect, it seems a lot of people expected this machine to give free blow jobs or something?!?

I get the whole marketing thing. I just don't get why people are giving them such a hard time about it. Why isnt everyone giving microsoft a hard time for being so tight lipped about everything to do with their new console. This event was put together to show people what to expect, it seems a lot of people expected this machine to give free blow jobs or something?!?

Because they're taking a much more sensible approach to marketing? Because they know that all the PR efforts are for nothing if your product can't deliver?

Why do we need to know about the next XBOX already?

It's this level of expectancy that I just don't get. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to know more about the XBOX 720 (or whatever it is going to be called), too.

But why the rush? Can't you just be content with what you've got at the moment?

Too many people are buying into it and getting carried away by virtually nothing. I find that not only irritating, but also worrying.

P.S.: I don't hate Sony, I see this as a more general issue nowadays.

Because they're taking a much more sensible approach to marketing? Because they know that all the PR efforts are for nothing if your product can't deliver?

Why do we need to know about the next XBOX already?

It's this level of expectancy that I just don't get. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to know more about the XBOX 720 (or whatever it is going to be called), too.

But why the rush? Can't you just be content with what you've got at the moment?

Too many people are buying into it and getting carried away by virtually nothing. I find that not only irritating, but also worrying.

P.S.: I don't hate Sony, I see this as a more general issue nowadays.

So the next time Ferrari make a prototype car they should hold off showing anybody until six months before you can buy it?

So the next time Ferrari make a prototype car they should hold off showing anybody until six months before you can buy it?

Are we talking about mass market consoles here or high-end automobiles?

If I wanted to compare prunes to apples, I'd have done it earlier myself.

dodgy poo was it?

My digestive system's working fine.

Other than that: lol

What difference does it make?

Then why bringing it up in the first place?

:dunno:

If you want to believe in mostly hot air and a couple of flashy presentations, then fine by me.

I don't buy into it until I've seen more tangible evidence that the PS4 is actually "da shit" some people already make it out to be without being able to justify that verdict using hard evidence.

This is the first announcement they've done. It'll all come at E3.

Where the fvck does all this entitlement come from? Don't fvcking buy it if you're going to whine about nothing so much. Like a said, there's about a year until release, they didn't have to show anything, they chose to announce it and nobody gives a shit what you or a load of other people on the internet expected them to preview.

Is it not perhaps clever marketing?

Give the people a morsel and make them beg for more?

It's not even clever, it's just normal.

I honestly don't understand Prussian's stance he, he's acting like a kid. Yes, you can generate whatever opinion you like from whatever information has been released but stop acting pissy because you didn't get shown the case, the price, the release date, a full game walkthrough, 30 game demos, every single feature and one in the post on its way to you....all a year before it's even released.

that what I was thinking, if they had showed you everything and told you everything the other day, there would be little hype and that would be poor marketing.

Exactly, there'd be nothing to release over the next 10/12 months and they'd have shit all to show at the biggest gaming conference in the world.

Are you able to play these new ones with a normal controller?

Don't like all this motion malarkey and having to shake your controller up and down, side to side and stuff. Much prefer pressing buttons and wiggling a stick for everything.

Are you able to play these new ones with a normal controller?

Don't like all this motion malarkey and having to shake your controller up and down, side to side and stuff. Much prefer pressing buttons and wiggling a stick for everything.

The PS4 controller isn't that different to the PS3 one and that will probably be the case with the new Xbox too.

Archived