Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

PS4 to be announced?

It's not even clever, it's just normal.

I honestly don't understand Prussian's stance he, he's acting like a kid. Yes, you can generate whatever opinion you like from whatever information has been released but stop acting pissy because you didn't get shown the case, the price, the release date, a full game walkthrough, 30 game demos, every single feature and one in the post on its way to you....all a year before it's even released.

lol

I'm not pissy. In fact, the PS4 hardly interests me at all. Been an XBOX360 fan for years and I doubt I'll go back to Sony (which I supported previously).

And I don't have a stance, either.

Sony clearly used the conference to spread some more sugar amongst the fanbase, in order to keep them interested and to keep Sony's name floating in the scene.

It was just a reminder in the style of "Don't forget - we're still here".

But you have to admit that at the core of it, it was mainly an overhyped happening with little content.

This is it exactly.

And now Microsoft have a lot of time to put together something to counteract this so called announcement.

Shouldn't be difficult.

I wouldn't expect anythign huge from Microsoft any time soon. They'll match SONY in their next announcement, maybe slightly one-up them but nothing major.

Still don't get why any of you are frothing your pants over it. It'll come out when it comes out, it'll cost about £350 and it'll be worse than an equivalent PC, that's all you morons need to know.

I wouldn't expect anythign huge from Microsoft any time soon. They'll match SONY in their next announcement, maybe slightly one-up them but nothing major.

Still don't get why any of you are frothing your pants over it. It'll come out when it comes out, it'll cost about £350 and it'll be worse than an equivalent PC, that's all you morons need to know.

*An equivalent PC which costs 4x as much.

Then again I'm perfectly happy playing games on minimum graphics and 800x600 res if it means being able to fix any bugs that arise. Swings and roundabouts and all that.

*An equivalent PC which costs 4x as much.

Then again I'm perfectly happy playing games on minimum graphics and 800x600 res if it means being able to fix any bugs that arise. Swings and roundabouts and all that.

If you buy it from PC World yeah. Look, I still love consoles, they definitely have a place. The thing is, they're always going to be overshadowed by PC's. My point was about people getting their knickers in a twist.

It's going to be a decent console with hardware from last year. At the end of the day that is a fact.

The only good thing from this announcement is that the architecture is closer to a PC. Hopefully as a result the shit ports will reduce. It is unusual that they are using GDDR5 ram, that is only used in graphics cards at the minute. I guess the most important thing it that there is 8 gigs of it, so at least the textures shouldn't suffer anymore.

The only good thing from this announcement is that the architecture is closer to a PC. Hopefully as a result the shit ports will reduce. It is unusual that they are using GDDR5 ram, that is only used in graphics cards at the minute. I guess the most important thing it that there is 8 gigs of it, so at least the textures shouldn't suffer anymore.

It'll still behind in 4 years time though. Just an objective point, I don't get too worked up about consoles being inferior, I still love them and think they'll always have a place.

It'll still behind in 4 years time though. Just an objective point, I don't get too worked up about consoles being inferior, I still love them and think they'll always have a place.

Definately that is why i have a good PC :D It makes you laugh though when they claimed it to be an overcharged PC lol

lol

I'm not pissy. In fact, the PS4 hardly interests me at all. Been an XBOX360 fan for years and I doubt I'll go back to Sony (which I supported previously).

And I don't have a stance, either.

Sony clearly used the conference to spread some more sugar amongst the fanbase, in order to keep them interested and to keep Sony's name floating in the scene.

It was just a reminder in the style of "Don't forget - we're still here".

But you have to admit that at the core of it, it was mainly an overhyped happening with little content.

'I know what i'll do, i'll go on the sony board! nobody would expect an xbox fanboy on that thread! The trolling will be epic!'

...Yawn...

PS3 and xBox is like blummin Labour and Tory. People love to fight over which is better!

Can't see any difference myself. That said, I will defend my PS3's honour with my sword :D

Some of the arguments people get into are laughable.

The only reason I have an Xbox rather than a PS3 is because I don't like the PS3 controllers, they're miles too small for my liking.

We do have a Sony board? :unsure:

Wow, epic flip

Y'know, whilst your here, you care to explain what your expecting from the new xbox console thats going to forfill your expectations for the next gen? Or are you going to throw another wobbler when you find out its going to be pretty much identical to the PS4 but with a microsoft sticker slapped on it? Or are you one of these fools that thinks the kinect is the 'future of gaming'?

Wow, epic flip

Y'know, whilst your here, you care to explain what your expecting from the new xbox console thats going to forfill your expectations for the next gen? Or are you going to throw another wobbler when you find out its going to be pretty much identical to the PS4 but with a microsoft sticker slapped on it? Or are you one of these fools that thinks the kinect is the 'future of gaming'?

No problemo:

I expect nothing at all from the next XBOX console. I'll simply let them surprise me.

See, I'm actually easily pleased.

I will give you in-depth analysis once Microsoft have presented something tangible, if you like.

No problemo:

I expect nothing at all from the next XBOX console. I'll simply let them surprise me.

I will give you in-depth analysis once Microsoft have presented something tangible, if you like.

You do realise the next xbox isnt going to be that different to the PS4 don't you? Hardware and feature wise the two consoles are going to be pretty much the same.

So yeh if you wont answer why you think the next xbox is going to be so much better, how about you tell us what the PS4 is lacking that makes it such garbage, or is your whole argument based on the fact sony released the details for their console first? Is that really all your annoyed about?

No problemo:

Why are you expecting nothing from XBox but you expected a whole load of announcements from PS4? If Xbox do an announcement before E3 it'll be similar in content to PS4's.

Put it this way, if XBox announce nothing until E3 you probably won't have any issues. PS4 gave the games industry/customers something at least. I know which is better.

Why are you expecting nothing from XBox but you expected a whole load of announcements from PS4? If Xbox do an announcement before E3 it'll be similar in content to PS4's.

Put it this way, if XBox announce nothing until E3 you probably won't have any issues. PS4 gave the games industry/customers something at least. I know which is better.

I dunno, the canning they've got for in the gaming media, I'd say they'd of been better off saying nothing at all. I've read plenty of articles which end with statements such as "advantage Microsoft"

Which is OTT in my opinion, but the fact shit like that is being put in gaming publications is still very bad news for Sony.

I dunno, the canning they've got for in the gaming media, I'd say they'd of been better off saying nothing at all. I've read plenty of articles which end with statements such as "advantage Microsoft"

Which is OTT in my opinion, but the fact shit like that is being put in gaming publications is still very bad news for Sony.

Can somebody show me this 'canning' sony have recieved? And can the source actually be somebody who knows what they are talking about? The only 'canning' ive seen was some guy on the bbc website who clearly had no idea what he was talking about, he thought the console would fail because they didnt show enough motion control games, YEH MATE!

Can somebody show me this 'canning' sony have recieved? And can the source actually be somebody who knows what they are talking about? The only 'canning' ive seen was some guy on the bbc website who clearly had no idea what he was talking about, he thought the console would fail because they didnt show enough motion control games, YEH MATE!

223e3de08f316c087ddc7f32e70009da_normal.jpeg Michael Gartenberg @Gartenberg

Am I jaded or is this boring? No. It's boring.

12:16 AM - 21 Feb 13

P8050100_copy_copy_normal.jpg Chris Hall @christhall

Stop waffling

12:17 AM - 21 Feb 13

eye_normal.jpg Steven Levy ✔ @StevenLevy

At PS4 launch, which is running so long that we might get PS5 tease by the end.

blodgethead_normal.jpg Henry Blodget @hblodget

If Sony is seriously still talking [about PS4], they have nothing to say.

12:44 AM - 21 Feb 13

A cynic would say Sony had a chance to impress tonight and failed. So would a realist.

5ebb9135eaa7cf3790c18c17f9750864_normal.jpeg Chris Ziegler @zpower

I mean, if you're okay with not being shown a PS4 at a PS4 announce event and not learning about PS4 specs, I don't know what to tell you.

2:06 AM - 21 Feb 13

77457cc0b9d37fffbe6414f0b7f575d0_normal.jpeg Charlie Brooker ✔ @charltonbrooker

Have to go work on Weekly Wipe now. Some of the PS4 launch might end up in next week's show.

Just off one article, I could go and find you a lot more.

As I've said I think it's a bit of a over reaction but they're getting, generally, stinking press for it.

To clarify they are all obviously games journalists who are probably writing up their pieces for the next publications (and they wont be good)

Am I jaded or is this boring? No. It's boring.

12:16 AM - 21 Feb 13

P8050100_copy_copy_normal.jpg Chris Hall @christhall

Stop waffling

12:17 AM - 21 Feb 13

eye_normal.jpg Steven Levy ✔ @StevenLevy

At PS4 launch, which is running so long that we might get PS5 tease by the end.

blodgethead_normal.jpg Henry Blodget @hblodget

If Sony is seriously still talking [about PS4], they have nothing to say.

12:44 AM - 21 Feb 13

A cynic would say Sony had a chance to impress tonight and failed. So would a realist.

5ebb9135eaa7cf3790c18c17f9750864_normal.jpeg Chris Ziegler @zpower

I mean, if you're okay with not being shown a PS4 at a PS4 announce event and not learning about PS4 specs, I don't know what to tell you.

2:06 AM - 21 Feb 13

77457cc0b9d37fffbe6414f0b7f575d0_normal.jpeg Charlie Brooker ✔ @charltonbrooker

Have to go work on Weekly Wipe now. Some of the PS4 launch might end up in next week's show.

Just off one article, I could go and find you a lot more.

As I've said I think it's a bit of a over reaction but they're getting, generally, stinking press for it.

To clarify they are all obviously games journalists who are probably writing up their pieces for the next publications (and they wont be good)

Who are all these people?!? never heard of any of them?!?

I think it comes down to entitlement again. Why do all these people think they deserve something more? And why are they so uppity about it? Maybe it will mean a slight hit for Sony but I don't think it should do or they deserve that. People are just dicks :P

I think it comes down to entitlement again. Why do all these people think they deserve something more? And why are they so uppity about it? Maybe it will mean a slight hit for Sony but I don't think it should do or they deserve that. People are just dicks :P

It might have something to do with the fact they've travelled all the way to New Your and had to sit a listen to Sony say very little for two hours.

As for the consumer, unless you've made your mind that your getting a PS4 already, it was pretty useless. I've seen a few game demo's in which it is hard to graps how good the graphics are due to the fact that I'm watching a stream on a computer. I've not made my mind up what console I'll be buying and that press conference did absoultey nothing to make my mind up for me, pretty much all they said was the PS4 is coming (we knew that anyway) and look the graphics are going to be nicer than the current generation (we knew that anyway). To be expected perhaps but that doesn't change the fact that they've achieved very little by holding this press conference other than pissing off a load of journos who in turn will/have given the whole event a dressing down.

Yes, Sony gave the community something. And that something was poorly displayed/presented, thus rendering it into next to nothing.

I'm sorry, but like I said before, I don't buy into these marketing shenanigans until I get to test the product myself or hold it in my own two hands.

If you want to follow Sony more or less blindly, putting your faith into a product that exists only in virtual places (so far), go ahead.

Since I no longer use a PlayStation, there's nothing I expect/expected from Sony.

I just read upon the presentation, its content (or lack thereof) and put two and two together myself.

Whatever Microsoft is going to announce remains pure speculation. And I'm not going to enter this discussion. Because it's rather silly.

is MC Purrasian on a wind up or just some xbox fan boy seems like the latter to me.

Its not coming out for another 10 months like they would tell you everything now, infact they still showed a lot of stuff...

We know the main core features

We seen the controller

We know that it wont play dvds

We know that it will be on a Cloud Platform

We know that there will be great games coming out on launch

We know that it will be released at the end of the year.

the list goes on.. what more do you want from them 10 months before launch really?

Archived