Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

PS4 to be announced?

is MC Purrasian on a wind up or just some xbox fan boy seems like the latter to me.

Not really, I just don't see the point in speculating about future consoles when all we got it is little to no additional information.

And I find it both amusing and worrying that gamers/users are getting so desperate in defending their console of choice, going as far as taking a shallow presentation for gospel.

Only a few years from hereon, and we're onto a new Holy Crusade. lol

I do have an XBOX at the moment, but my allegations can change quickly.

Either because of (missing) down-compatibility or because I'm slowly but steadily growing out of the gaming market.

Not really, I just don't see the point in speculating about future consoles when all we got it is little to no additional information.

And I find it both amusing and worrying that gamers/users are getting so desperate in defending their console of choice, going as far as taking a shallow presentation for gospel.

Either because of (missing) down-compatibility or because I'm slowly but steadily growing out of the gaming market.

Guess what? I have an Xbox.

I'm just not an idiot who criticises things when there's nothing to criticise. You say you're not bothered about what they show but keep knocking them. You're also missing the point. It may have been a shallow presentation, but guess what? THAT'S THE POINT. Like everyone keeps saying, release is 10-12 months away.

It might have something to do with the fact they've travelled all the way to New Your and had to sit a listen to Sony say very little for two hours.

As for the consumer, unless you've made your mind that your getting a PS4 already, it was pretty useless. I've seen a few game demo's in which it is hard to graps how good the graphics are due to the fact that I'm watching a stream on a computer. I've not made my mind up what console I'll be buying and that press conference did absoultey nothing to make my mind up for me, pretty much all they said was the PS4 is coming (we knew that anyway) and look the graphics are going to be nicer than the current generation (we knew that anyway). To be expected perhaps but that doesn't change the fact that they've achieved very little by holding this press conference other than pissing off a load of journos who in turn will/have given the whole event a dressing down.

I'm a neutral and therefore I feel I have a fairly objective opinion on the matter. My main gripe is that people (it appears) seem to have been expecting a great deal from an announcement a year before release.

Any idea what this was built up to be in the run up to it? I paid little attention to it until my friend linked me a stream and everyone's getting all whiny afterward.

I just dont get why your being so negative about it. This presentation was no different to the info we've been given at any console first showing in the past ten years. Why did you think this was going to be any different?!? Microsoft are going to do the exact same thing in April. We arnt going to know solid info on specs and price from either company until E3.

I just dont get why your being so negative about it. This presentation was no different to the info we've been given at any console first showing in the past ten years. Why did you think this was going to be any different?!? Microsoft are going to do the exact same thing in April. We arnt going to know solid info on specs and price from either company until E3.

My criticism is not solely aimed at Sony - as I've stated in previous posts in this thread.

If Microsoft had done it, I would've reacted just the same.

If at all, I'm criticizing this general sense of entitlement amongst consumers as well as badly placed marketing stunts, as demonstrated by Sony.

I'm a neutral and therefore I feel I have a fairly objective opinion on the matter. My main gripe is that people (it appears) seem to have been expecting a great deal from an announcement a year before release.

Any idea what this was built up to be in the run up to it? I paid little attention to it until my friend linked me a stream and everyone's getting all whiny afterward.

I think people expected a lot more. Not really Sony's fault as all they did was call a press conference and didn't mention what it was about, didn't even say it was about the PS4 (although that obviously was always going to be the reason) and a ridiculous hype followed. Although they probably could of helped themselves by not announcing it so early, or perhaps making it a bit clearer what details they were revealing.

Exactly! They've done the same with the PS, PS2, PS3 and now PS4.

Given their previous releases I'm not sure what people were expecting.

My criticism is not solely aimed at Sony - as I've stated in previous posts in this thread.

If Microsoft had done it, I would've reacted just the same.

If at all, I'm criticizing this general sense of entitlement amongst consumers as well as badly placed marketing stunts, as demonstrated by Sony.

I'll be expecting the same response after microsofts 'unvailing' that they've all of a sudden decided needs to happen before E3 then lol

I honestly can't see them revealing any more than sony have, think you best start saving for a pc!

I'll be expecting the same response after microsofts 'unvailing' that they've all of a sudden decided needs to happen before E3 then lol

I honestly can't see them revealing any more than sony have, think you best start saving for a pc!

Never really been an avid PC gamer.

Like I said before, I might as well stick to my XBOX360 or stop gaming completely at one point.

I just don't get this excited anymore with hardware and software news in the console market.

• 1 month later...
lol Adam Orth Microsofts creative director has probably done the PS4's best bit of marketing to date for them today, he decided to take to Twitter and basically say the next Xbox needs to have an internet connection to play games, even singling player offline games, and if the net connection is severed the console shuts down after 3 minutes lol. And used #dealwithit. Someone should really give him a lesson in customer relations and marketing.

lol Adam Orth Microsofts creative director has probably done the PS4's best bit of marketing to date for them today, he decided to take to Twitter and basically say the next Xbox needs to have an internet connection to play games, even singling player offline games, and if the net connection is severed the console shuts down after 3 minutes lol. And used #dealwithit. Someone should really give him a lesson in customer relations and marketing.

is this true? if so i'll defo be getting the ps4

is this true? if so i'll defo be getting the ps4

Unconfirmed but as I say, there creative director tweeted that he didn't see what the big problem with being online all the time was and it was the way the world was going #dealwithit

I've got to say if it is true it'll certainly contribute to my decision, if it's always online and not backwards compataible I think I'm probably going to go with a PS4 or a PC, if anything, to be honest there are about 20 great 360 games I've never touched so I'm in no rush if this generation is going to take the piss, which seems likely.

Sometime in the future, our internet connection will be as reliable as our electricity supply. That's a few years (maybe decades) away so this is a terrible idea. It's like Microsoft wants to lose most of it's customers.

Sometime in the future, our internet connection will be as reliable as our electricity supply. That's a few years (maybe decades) away so this is a terrible idea. It's like Microsoft wants to lose most of it's customers.

They're doing it to try and kill off the second hand games market. It'd be ok if the prices for games bought online from box live were similar to steam, but judging by what we've seen so far im not holding my breath. Welcome to the world of fifty quid downloaded games.

I honestly don't get this approach Microsoft are taking, you can clearly see from the shoddy releases of Diablo 3 and SimCity that always on DRM dosnt work, and Microsoft seem to be basing their whole console on it.

Come the end of the year this is going to get really interesting. Can you imagine the reveal at E3 if these rumours are true, they are going to get slated.

I don't have a problem with the new console being online all the time. The iPad does exactly the same and is linked 24/7 for me.

What the problem is with this is downloading huge content. BT need to get themselves sorted out round here because despite being told the exchange would be up and running for super fast broadband in September of last year, it still isn't working.

I can see this being a real problem when obtaining online content. The 1mb download speed around here just isn't good enough.

These people making these radical decisions need to take this into account.

What the problem is with this is downloading huge content. BT need to get themselves sorted out round here because despite being told the exchange would be up and running for super fast broadband in September of last year, it still isn't working.

I've been wondering this as well. If you check the exchanges in the middle of town they have actually been upgraded for fibre, they just arnt offering it to anybody yet for some bizarre reason. It's a bit of a p*** take because the price they are doing fibre for is the same as the price im already paying for my standard broadband! As you said it's been like this for months now.

Its using a new version of the kinect

Not sure what kinect is, but was gonna say that if every xBox has inbuilt camera then I think the constant internet connection thing is just so they can have access to a camera in everyones house - like those cameras under the TV's in the 1984 book.

Not trying to start a conspiracy debate, but they'll be watching and have told us to deal with it!

If I get one then I'll be 'foiling up' the front of the machine or wherever the cctv is.

Not sure what kinect is, but was gonna say that if every xBox has inbuilt camera then I think the constant internet connection thing is just so they can have access to a camera in everyones house - like those cameras under the TV's in the 1984 book.

Not trying to start a conspiracy debate, but they'll be watching and have told us to deal with it!

If I get one then I'll be 'foiling up' the front of the machine or wherever the cctv is.

It's 'always on' when you're playing, not all the time lol You can still switch the console off.

I don't have a problem with the new console being online all the time. The iPad does exactly the same and is linked 24/7 for me.

But least you can still use an iPad if your internet goes down. With the always online on the Xbox, you're buggered if your internet is playing up, you wont be able to play any games at all, which is ridiculous.

I've always been a big Xbox fan, but if this is the case, I'm either going to consider a PC or a PS4, or I'm going to have to stick with my '360.

Archived