Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ross 'LCFC' Turner

MacBook Pro

Got one and it's awesome, would've had a laptop but I needed a Mac for Logic Pro 9.

I'd say they aren't worth the money, but if you've got the cash it's a good investment.

Complete MindF""k

I think you mean they hold value well and only get it if youve got cash handy. From someone who owns one I guess its sound advice but read back your post next time lol

I've got one for sale (2010 version, bought in 2011 - thus non-Retina).

Recently refurbished (new screen/cover, new keyboard).

15-inch model, 2.66GHz, 500 GB HDD, 8GB RAM.

Sadly, I just noticed it's got the wrong keyboard layout (non-UK).

If still interested, PM me.

I got an air last year and it has been one of the best purchases I've ever made. It's extremely quick. I'd say only get a pro if you're looking to do really heavy duty stuff with it. The portability of the air is a huge plus. The retina display is nice but you don't notice it massively unless you have it side by side with a non retina display

You can buy a decent laptop that will last 3/4 years for about £500/600, while for the same price a macbook that will last 3/4 years will cost £1000+. I've seen loads of people suckered into the marketing hype because they "run fast" and "don't get viruses", but they still begin to run slow after a few years.

I think one of the main lures for me was the seamless integration between apple devices, I have the phone and I got the pad and the mac yesterday, I have an awesome desktop PC which I'll continue to use for gaming and maybe for testing some of my code and stuff but my day to day use will now be with the mac whilst at home and the pad whilst in lectures taking notes.

Is a MacBook Air worth it?

Been offered a 2010 October Model for £400 from a work friend, Do I? I have the iPad Mini and iPhone 5, but I'm by no means looking for a MacBook to "complete the collection" if anyone can suggest a windows laptop for the same price or less then please do :)

Got the 15" MacBook Pro and i love it. The quality, touch, feel and interface are so far beyond cheap laptops and windows its not true. However, despite all that, its a lot of money to pay, for something that's really just doing the same thing as cheaper machines

Just been in the apple shop in Leicester. Thinking about one.

Convince me people

You know you want it.

Once you got one, you won't be looking back.

That I can promise.

And ask a student friend to buy it for you, so you'll receive a little discount.

I got a refurb 11" Macbook Air last year to replace my 15" MBP which was a few years old and too big etc. First time going refurb and I have to say I don't think I'd buy a new machine again. The one I got was as new, immaculate condition and a really high spec. I think I saved about £270 by getting the refurb over the same, 'new' machine. This Air is the best computer I've ever had and is perfect for my needs, plus it's so portable too.

The MBP's are great machines too if you really need that extra power. Buy!

Archived