Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

The Last of Us

Stay away from the story mode, just played it for a few hours and the game is glitched. It doesn't save your progress!! Can't even manually save it from the pause screen as it says "autosaving...please wait" and save / load aren't selectable.  lol

Stay away from the story mode, just played it for a few hours and the game is glitched. It doesn't save your progress!! Can't even manually save it from the pause screen as it says "autosaving...please wait" and save / load aren't selectable.  lol

Can you turn the autosave feature off before you start a new game? That could be a quick fix before a patch is released.

Can you turn the autosave feature off before you start a new game? That could be a quick fix before a patch is released.

Apparently you can turn it off, I will give it a go otherwise will have to wait for a patch. 

http://zoknowsgaming.com/2013/06/14/the-last-of-us-autosave-bug/

"If you think you can remember to save yourself, autosave can be disabled when loading a game by pressing O, it should warn you that autosaving will be disabled. You press yes and the game won’t auto save anymore."

I have to say though (despite having played the first two hours before realising I couldn't save the damn thing!) this is probably the first game to have me almost blubbing in the first 10 mins. The opening scene is amazing!

I have to say though (despite having played the first two hours before realising I couldn't save the damn thing!) this is probably the first game to have me almost blubbing in the first 10 mins. The opening scene is amazing!

Spot on. I've just reached the bit where they see the Capitol building and can't remember being as engrossed in a game as this.

Agreed, so tense. Story has me hooked right now.

The save issue is fixed now though and was something to do with naught dogs servers...not sure how that relates to the game being saved but it is fixed! :)

Agreed, so tense. Story has me hooked right now.

The save issue is fixed now though and was something to do with naught dogs servers...not sure how that relates to the game being saved but it is fixed! :)

Apparently the servers were monitoring your stats which kept the autosave constantly on. Don't think I'll mind replaying the first two hours, I was many slugging my way through - I'd just got past the encounter with Robert.

Cheers for the heads up though!

Not come across the save bug yet.....

The opening scene brought a tear to my eye as well

It's resolved now - apparently some kind of conflict with the Naughty Dog server continually making the game autosave if you were online. They changed some settings on their server and it's sorted.

Any chance that people who are already playing the game could put spoilers in please....just until next week when I grab it?

I can't resist not looking in the thread!!

So selfish I know! I'm going to hell!

I'm nearly at the end. It's a gripping story which I won't spoil here but the growing bond between the characters is touching. Some of the small reminders of the shattered world are heartbreaking to see. Can't wait to finish but also want it to go on and on....

Just started the game this afternoon and i'm impressed so far. I struggled at first to stealth past the enemies but I think i'm getting the hang of it, the bottles and bricks are very useful. 

Archived