Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Strategy games recommendations

Recently back into playing Europa Universalis and wondered what strategy games FTers would recommend.

Civilisation series goes without saying, what else have you got?

UNO on 360

Pulverise your mind with the unrelenting, epic, skillfest of joy. The game features 3 whole songs, which lull you into a predatory frame of mind ready to obliterate your foes.

A card game based entirely on luck, only a clinical vegetable could spud it up on the surface, but a cold, calculative, ball scratching extraveganza of wit and determination not to bath with a toaster immediatly afterwards.

Pit your wits against millions of old people in care and clinical potatos today :)

Warning : Game may induce sudden bouts of homocide, genocide and a need to violate people in lifts

Age of Mythology.

King of Dragon Pass is an unusual diversion from your typical strategy game, but nonetheless is one. http://www.gog.com/gamecard/king_of_dragon_pass

Hearts of Iron, now into it's 3rd incarnation. All based in WW2, you can take control on practically any nation that existed around that time. If you want to see if Portugal could have turned the tide of war, this is the game for you - it is however VERY complex, but rewarding.

Total War.

/Thread.

Yeah my son loves that series, I found it decent but not quite my taste

risk!

greatest board game ever. Fun to play on the computer but not complex enough

UNO on 360

Pulverise your mind with the unrelenting, epic, skillfest of joy. The game features 3 whole songs, which lull you into a predatory frame of mind ready to obliterate your foes.

A card game based entirely on luck, only a clinical vegetable could spud it up on the surface, but a cold, calculative, ball scratching extraveganza of wit and determination not to bath with a toaster immediatly afterwards.

Pit your wits against millions of old people in care and clinical potatos today :)

Warning : Game may induce sudden bouts of homocide, genocide and a need to violate people in lifts

Never heard of it - I'll check it out. is it MTG like?

Age of Empires 2 ;)

Also XCOM: Enemy Unknown

Enjoyable a few years ago - occasionally put it back on

Age of Mythology.

King of Dragon Pass is an unusual diversion from your typical strategy game, but nonetheless is one. http://www.gog.com/g..._of_dragon_pass

Hearts of Iron, now into it's 3rd incarnation. All based in WW2, you can take control on practically any nation that existed around that time. If you want to see if Portugal could have turned the tide of war, this is the game for you - it is however VERY complex, but rewarding.

Was told that HoI is extremely complex, will probably pick that up on a steam/paradox special. i see Paradox have a new Napoleonic "march of the Eagle" out too. Will look into King of Dragon pass;

Know the name, can't remember if I've tried it.

It came out about 5 months ago. The new one? Have you tried it?

Also i'll add Settlers of Catan to the board game list. Great fun.

I'm sure that AOE II was out years ago. age of Kings or something. Am I confusing it with something else?

I'm sure that AOE II was out years ago. age of Kings or something. Am I confusing it with something else?

Oooh, forgot I mentioned AOE and I thought you were referring to XCOM. Yeah, AOE was out years and years ago, still have fun playing against friends now.

I enjoyed the owd Cossacks II - Napoleanic Wars or something. "Aye Commander".

Used to play skirmishes or whatever they're called on that quite alot. You could build a church or mosque and send out the priests to the front line for the chanting. Chopping wood, building canons and guarding windmills. Can't ask for much more.

Just what I was thinking as soon as I saw the topic. What a game!

Amount of time I lost to that between the age of 15-17 = unreal. (More than add on pack than the orginal)

I can remember getting a rating of 1700 on the MSN Gaming Zone and being elated lol. Must have about 600-700 games on there under my belt, at least.

I loved Colonization back in the days. I think you can still get it online. The graphics may look outdated, but it's very enjoyable and highly addictive.

Other recommendations: SimCity and Civilization II: Test Of Time.

http://www.gog.com/g...rs_colonization Loved this game.

Enjoying Europa Universalis3 again at the moment.

Has anyone bought March of the Eagles?

Is it more total War or UE3?

Archived