Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Strategy games recommendations

Company Of Heroes is a brilliant game if your into WW2, only just discoverd it myself and got the gold edition for £6 of amazon.

The early command and conquers and good aswell, red alert 2 and generals and the better ones.

Anyone played the new sim city?

Was gonna buy it this weekend but apparently they've made it so that you can't play it unless you're online, basically so they can record all of your usage data and also so they can try and force you into being an online advert for the game by 'sharing' with your social media friends. No chance ill be buying it now. Hopefully someone cracks the game, removes big brother and whacks it on the pirate bay.

Was gonna buy it this weekend but apparently they've made it so that you can't play it unless you're online, basically so they can record all of your usage data and also so they can try and force you into being an online advert for the game by 'sharing' with your social media friends. No chance ill be buying it now. Hopefully someone cracks the game, removes big brother and whacks it on the pirate bay.

My main worry is, is it a steam game? Uni network doesn't allow a connection to steam and i can't be ****ed messing around with ports or VPN's.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...

Got a copy of Victoria 2 in the Humble Bundle but I've already got it, anyone want it?

Edit: I'm impatient and no takers so far so offering it out elsewhere.

• 2 weeks later...

I've officially swapped allegiances from CA to Paradox.

CA have gotten distracted, trying to make AAA blockbusters with Hollywood graphics, the last two titles have been distinctly disappointing.

I don't like Paradox' philosophy of churning out DLC like it's going out of fashion but the encouraged mod community and constant steam sales make it a winner.

Europa is my preferred choice over Victoria and CK but these chaps know their strategy.

It came out about 5 months ago. The new one? Have you tried it?

Also i'll add Settlers of Catan to the board game list. Great fun.

I keep seeing this game pop up.  Me and my friends have been getting into risk big time recently. How does this game compare to risk? 

Anyone have any good boardgame recommendation like risk etc?

I keep seeing this game pop up.  Me and my friends have been getting into risk big time recently. How does this game compare to risk? 

It doesn't compare to risk but it's a fun little game to play when you have a few minutes to spare.

Conquest is pretty similar to Risk.

Did you try the Risk computer games - they had added little twists.

• 4 weeks later...

Risk Legacy  :thumbup:

Archived