Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Carl the Llama

Silent Hill

Seeing how it's one of those games that you pretty much have to experience at some point, I finally got around to playing it yesterday - It may be 14 years old, so the graphics aren't stunning, but it's still pants-shittingly scary:

There's one bit where you're in a school which is abandoned bar the occasional child-demon thing, and you walk into a locker room where there's a banging coming from inside one of the lockers. When you go to open it a cat jumps out. Not very scary. Then you go into a hellish demon realm version of the same school, and inspection of the equivalent room leads to the following cutscene:

(It may not look very scary as a youtube video, but when you're there playing it, it's one mother of a jump scare.)

One thing though: What the hell's up with the penguin ghost things in the school? lol

• 2 weeks later...

Probably my favourite ever series in gaming, or at least the original trilogy. It's all gone down since then, but all of the first 3 games were just amazing.

Silent Hill 2 and 3 were re-released last year in HD for the PS3 and 360 and I replayed through them all and they were all still incredible and still stand up just as well today, can't see why the original wouldn't either.

If I had to chose a favourtie game of all-time I'd probably stump for Silent Hill 2. But Silent Hill 1 and 3 aren't far behind either.

Archived