Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lavrentis

Xbox 360 has RROD

Isn't it a heatsink issue where not enough thermal paste is applied? Surely there are reputable people out there in town that can do it?

Get yourself some thermal paste and do it yourself.

I had the yellow light on my Playstation and got some thermal paste and found a video on YouTube that showed you how to dismantle the PS3, where and how to apply the paste and reassemble it.

This is what I used - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Arctic-Cooling-MX-4-Thermal-Compound/dp/B0045JCFLY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1362250762&sr=8-1

Honestly I would do it myself as I am into computers and that sort of thing, but I just don't have the time to do it. I'd much rather pay someone, someone on here would recommend to me as I can be sure the job is done.

Had this crap happen to me 3 times in the past 7 years

Ones graphics card messed up so when you played maps there would be glitchy stuff and huge panels all over the place then it died, another ones disk drive broke and had to send it to Germany for repair and it still works three years on (touch wood) but they were under warrenty, one died without it so I got rid cheap.

Point Im tryna make is, it could be a number of problems be sure to get a Pro to look over it

Yes it's that easy that microsoft lost millions because of thermal paste? And it took years of reworking till they brought out the jasper.

I can't comment on the Xbox, but it was extremely easy to sort out the thermal paste on my PS3. Literally undoing a few screws and spreading the paste on the CPU and GPU then screwing every thing back in again.

I can't comment on the Xbox, but it was extremely easy to sort out the thermal paste on my PS3. Literally undoing a few screws and spreading the paste on the CPU and GPU then screwing every thing back in again.

If it was an overheat problem then the paste could have fixed it, but usually like the xbox it's the gpu bga has failed,

If you could fix the ps3 that easily every time, then they wouldn't be scrapped and sony would never sell another.

If it was an overheat problem then the paste could have fixed it, but usually like the xbox it's the gpu bga has failed,

If you could fix the ps3 that easily every time, then they wouldn't be scrapped and sony would never sell another.

Obviously, but the PS3 has different light colours/combos for different problems so I knew what the problem was after searching on the internet.

Obviously, but the PS3 has different light colours/combos for different problems so I knew what the problem was after searching on the internet.

Can you show me the link you found as the yellow light usually means gpu failure, overheating is just the red light

red5 do you have a reccomendation in town mate? I have already seen some on gumtree, and whilst I don't mind some guy in his bedroom doing it it works, I'd rather get a company to do it

Do you know the secondary code

Do you know the secondary code

I had a quick google and didnt find anything specific.

I just tested now turned on and I get 3 red lights , then I pressed sync and dvd eject first time and I get 4 red flashing lights. Pressed it again 1 minute later and I get the 2 flashing lights (when xbox is standing up).

Not sure if this means anything to you mate

Can you show me the link you found as the yellow light usually means gpu failure, overheating is just the red light

I found it on a couple of different forums and then found a video on Youtube. Sorry, I don't have them to hand or bookmarked as it was some time back.

If you search on Google lots of people say the yellow light indicates overheating.

To get the secondary code, after it's rrod press the sync button and keeping it pressed press the eject button 4 times, after each press of the eject button note how many red lights flash.

edit: just seen your code, if you'r sure that's the code then it could be a few things, you could try another psu if you could get hold of one, it's usually a power issue but not a always easy to find.

If you have no luck I can take a look, i'm nr fosse park.

To get the secondary code, after it's rrod press the sync button and keeping it pressed press the eject button 4 times, after each press of the eject button note how many red lights flash.

edit: just seen your code, if you'r sure that's the code then it could be a few things, you could try another psu if you could get hold of one, it's usually a power issue but not a always easy to find.

If you have no luck I can take a look, i'm nr fosse park.

Ah thanks, It is definitely 0002. Seems like it might have something to do with soldering the CPU? I will try and get hold of another power supply unit but do you know if you'd be willing to fix it? I don't think it's a nice error code to look at and how much would you charge, if you'd accept mate?

Cheers

Ah thanks, It is definitely 0002. Seems like it might have something to do with soldering the CPU? I will try and get hold of another power supply unit but do you know if you'd be willing to fix it? I don't think it's a nice error code to look at and how much would you charge, if you'd accept mate?

Cheers

I have a spare power unit for the original 360 (I had to buy a new one) You want it?

I have a spare power unit for the original 360 (I had to buy a new one) You want it?

Brilliant mate!

Does it say 203w or 175w on the power brick? (Where it says Output DC)

If it says 203w how much would you part with it for :) ?

It's up to you obviously if you want to fix it or whatever, but you can get the slim console off eBay for like £80, obviously it'll be cheaper to fix your original, just a thought :)

Cheers

pm me if you want me to take a look before you go spending on it.

Archived