Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Haydos

SimCity 5

It's a good game, interesting online system where you can trade with fellow neighbours in your region. Only problem is the regions are always full and so you find yourself playing in your own region where no one becomes your neighbour and you can only trade with yourself :rolleyes:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/simcity

It has 1.7/10 from users on metacritic :/ Hadn't seen that before, just read articles posted on Reddit saying basically everything about it is broken and poorly programmed. People have created cities that don't have anything apart from residential zoning and roads and attracted 500k residents. You not had any issues with traffic/difficulty other bugs?

I was so looking forward to an updated, improved SimCity 4. To be fair it looks beautiful but the lot size being about 1/10th of the size of SimCity 4's and all the rest of the problems (inc always online, the lies they've been telling customers, server issues etc) is really disappointing.

I don't think i've ever experienced that bug since i've never solely built a residential city lol

It's not perfect and does have its issues in game but nothing so far which has caused major problems, only the online aspect had annoyed me, so I suppose 7/10 would be a fair rating.

Hopefully they will patch the issues and make the game more stable! here's hoping anyway!

It has the potential to be a great game, but unfortunately it's ruined by some dreadful design decisions from Maxis.

The server issues are unforgivable , but I'm sure they'll sort them eventually. What is annoying is that they bang on about it being a multiplayer game but the screen to join a region is so badly designed it only lists regions that are full and there are no search filters available.

My biggest issue is the tiny city sizes. You fill them very quickly and yet your city advisors constantly demand you expand and add more buildings, but there just isn't enough room.

There are loads of other bugs as well but if they can fix them, the server issues and increase the city sizes it will be a good game. Otherwise, although there is some fun to be had, it's a game you'll put down after a few days and not touch again.

It has the potential to be a great game, but unfortunately it's ruined by some dreadful design decisions from Maxis.

The server issues are unforgivable , but I'm sure they'll sort them eventually. What is annoying is that they bang on about it being a multiplayer game but the screen to join a region is so badly designed it only lists regions that are full and there are no search filters available.

My biggest issue is the tiny city sizes. You fill them very quickly and yet your city advisors constantly demand you expand and add more buildings, but there just isn't enough room.

There are loads of other bugs as well but if they can fix them, the server issues and increase the city sizes it will be a good game. Otherwise, although there is some fun to be had, it's a game you'll put down after a few days and not touch again.

People seem to be saying the actual game is broken at a base level though. Path finding appears to be non existent, every sim will take the shortest route to anywhere. It also turns out that when they commute they go to the nearest job possible and when they go home it's the same.

Got an email from the developers saying they are sorry they messed up lol.

They are going to release a new update which will solve most of the problems and they are also giving a free EA PC game on origin on the 25th March.

Fair play :thumbup:

Blame EA.

You do realize that EA has probably fired/terminated more people then they actually have employed now? Their practice is kind of Romney'ish. Take over a small developer; making them work as if they were in a labor camp to release games based on unrealistic timelines (most of the time unfinished due to this practice), and then immediately get rid of 80% of the workforce and leave just enough to keep support running. Meanwhile; they have expansions/DLC already lined up which were original features of the game, only they took out to capitalize on them as the life of the game diminishes.

EA is not run by a developer (See: Valve, Mojang, etc..)... They are run by suits who care about money, money, money... The last EA game i bought was Battlefield 3, and it took me 6 months to do so. And thanks to this; i will never buy another EA game again. They have placed the last nail on the coffin with Simcity. I thank the entire community for letting everyone who didn't purchase the game, know what it's really all about...

Completely agree, EA are the ones to blame they only care about money and their short sightedness of stopping piracy no doubt has limited what Maxis actually wanted to do. The DLC nonsense of games is another thing that gets on my nerves. No doubt Activision will not allow for modding on Rome 2 Total War so they can squeeze out a load of meaningless DLC. These big companies forget that great community mods extend the lifespan of their game by large periods without a single bit of investment and work done on their part. Hence surely more people with get the base game over a long period of time (Arma 2 for instance ).

Archived