Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Leicesterpool

Fifa 14 Wish list

Absolutely hate it. 

All of the players seem ridiculously sluggish and un-responsive. Whenever you try and sprint with the ball they take ridiculously big touches and the defender gets it, and if you don't sprint the defender behind or to the side will catch up and tackle you with ease. I found that it didn't pass the ball where I was aiming either. The most annoying thing for me was that if you are on the edge of the box, and dribbling with the ball it is almost impossible to get any power behind the ball because the players take ridiculously small touches and the ball is almost stuck under their feet.

This one will take some getting used to. Will still get it straight away though...

I like it, but they can improve the first touch a bit. 

A lot will complain about that.

But has a more realistic feel in my opinion, it's a bit slower than last year, last years game play was too fast, and too messy I thought.

There are some aspects where it's more realistic but in general, I'm unimpressed so far.

It's easier to actually put the ball away now. Easier to finish (although that could be due to Cavani/Ibra/Messi) but creating chances is far harder.

The total inability to dribble is pathetic. It's gone from being abused, to being completely eradicated, somewhere in the middle would've been ideal.

I also find I'm constantly out-muscled? Even the likes of Busquets/Pique are getting brushed off by players like Aguero?

I think it'll grow on me but it's far from what I hoped for, yet again.

Bit of a mix so far for me. Some great things, but some not so great. I don't like how they've moved the right stick flick to R2 + right stick. Was quite satisfying in Fifa 13 when you skinned an opponent by using a quick flick. Might be able to do it on this too, I'll probably just have to get used to the new way of doing it.

I'm downloading PES 14 as we speak. Interested to see how that is this year! Apparently, there will be no rain or snow because of some problems with the new engine.

What I noticed from my experience with the demo yesterday evening is that the opposing defenders catch up with my strikers/wingers way too easily.

I can see that in real life, moving forward with the ball is tricky enough, but the speed with which the LB/RBs and CBs catch up with me is somewhat agonizingly unrealistic.

Shooting has also been made a bit harder, I think. It's not as responsive as in FIFA 13.

After a first look at it, player models are a touch more realistic and it does feel closer to a real-life TV coverage.

Still, the step up from FIFA 13 appears to be marginal (nothing new with EA).

The new FUT chemistry system (no more formation cards) doesn't convince me, either.

This has been well and truly 'EA'd' for lack of a better term. They've come up with their 'new features' and instead of blending them into the game and giving it more realism, depth and spontaneity they have just plonked in the new features, like ball shielding, and made it THE game.

Good:

Slower pace allows for build up*

Movement is brilliant

Animations and shooting are good and improved

Bad:

It's become slower but the players seem to go from slow to fast when tackles take place. I can understand Michael Dawson out muscling silva but I don't want to have to stop, go round him and repeat with the next player!!! Instead whoever the players are it seems defenders win, so quick one twos are AGAIN the most reliable way through AWFUL!

Passing is poor and variety is awful. Feels like its on manual and yet doesn't respond to pass power etc.

The dribbling? Since when was it so jerky and WHYYYY do they constantly switch from left to right when dribbling. I don't mean in a general sense because it happens in rea life. It's just EVERY dribble you go to your left and almost cut it back onto your opposite side even if you wanted to move slightly. So your constantly jerking from side to side with the ball and then it gets nicked.

It seems whenever you get in the centre of the pitch, no matter who your team is you are forced to play wide as any attempt to play through the middle or try a little dribble results in losing the ball.

Shielding! Sigh! Great idea, for when your holding the ball up or trying to wriggle free from a challenge but not at every instance. You run with the ball on this, then turn to face away from the goal???

There's quite a few bits wrong but those are the main points.

These aren't my views because I'm not used to it and 'I should be more patient and play proper football merh merh merh' the simple fact is, I feel like I'm being forced to play a certain way with EVERY player and EVERY team. The new features are forced onto you and they don't flow too well together.

Not impressed with this version. Probably wait until the ps4 is out to try that.

This has been well and truly 'EA'd' for lack of a better term. They've come up with their 'new features' and instead of blending them into the game and giving it more realism, depth and spontaneity they have just plonked in the new features, like ball shielding, and made it THE game.

Good:

Slower pace allows for build up*

Movement is brilliant

Animations and shooting are good and improved

Bad:

It's become slower but the players seem to go from slow to fast when tackles take place. I can understand Michael Dawson out muscling silva but I don't want to have to stop, go round him and repeat with the next player!!! Instead whoever the players are it seems defenders win, so quick one twos are AGAIN the most reliable way through AWFUL!

Passing is poor and variety is awful. Feels like its on manual and yet doesn't respond to pass power etc.

The dribbling? Since when was it so jerky and WHYYYY do they constantly switch from left to right when dribbling. I don't mean in a general sense because it happens in rea life. It's just EVERY dribble you go to your left and almost cut it back onto your opposite side even if you wanted to move slightly. So your constantly jerking from side to side with the ball and then it gets nicked.

It seems whenever you get in the centre of the pitch, no matter who your team is you are forced to play wide as any attempt to play through the middle or try a little dribble results in losing the ball.

Shielding! Sigh! Great idea, for when your holding the ball up or trying to wriggle free from a challenge but not at every instance. You run with the ball on this, then turn to face away from the goal???

There's quite a few bits wrong but those are the main points.

These aren't my views because I'm not used to it and 'I should be more patient and play proper football merh merh merh' the simple fact is, I feel like I'm being forced to play a certain way with EVERY player and EVERY team. The new features are forced onto you and they don't flow too well together.

Not impressed with this version. Probably wait until the ps4 is out to try that.

You've played a few games on the demo. Just because you're not used to something it doesn't mean it's worse. I'm very aware EA can EA things but I've played a fair few Fifa demos and they've always felt a bit dodgy at first. Everyone wants to be instantly good and to like things these days though I guess.

Arguably one of the worst footballing titles I've ever played (I'm aware it's a demo and tiny things can be ironed out). The whole series seems to have regressed since '11 into a clumsily designed (but pretty) nightmare. Plays like a ****ing rugby league sim.

Everything used to feel much sharper and crisper, a real joy to play. For the third consecutive year it looks like I'll just be sticking with FM, maybe buy PES (which still has some enjoyment factor) when it falls in price pre-Crimbo and you can bag it for fifteen sovs.

Arguably one of the worst footballing titles I've ever played (I'm aware it's a demo and tiny things can be ironed out). The whole series seems to have regressed since '11 into a clumsily designed (but pretty) nightmare. Plays like a ****ing rugby league sim.

Everything used to feel much sharper and crisper, a real joy to play. For the third consecutive year it looks like I'll just be sticking with FM, maybe buy PES (which still has some enjoyment factor) when it falls in price pre-Crimbo and you can bag it for fifteen sovs.

Playing the demo really made me miss PES

Archived