Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Leicesterpool

Fifa 14 Wish list

I know it's just the demo but I presume the fact they've released it as the demo means it's pretty close to the final product but I'm not buying a game where it's impossible to tackle the opposition and impossible to run more than a yard without someone just appearing and tackling you. Nah. 

I've played about 15 games and I am quite certain I have never been awarded a free kick

Same here, this has always been a thing though. AI rarely fouls you or when then they do it's usually not given.

I like the passing and shooting so far, I play on semi/manual settings and they feel a lot smarter and a lot more responsive to what I'm actually pressing. Shots also feel less generic but it'll probably seem more so over time.

Tackling is very sloppy, lots of rebounds and scrappy play, there rarely seems to be a clean tackle and it seems mainly down to running alongside the dribbler and getting yourself in front of them. Not sure yet how the attacking player is meant to combat that as they seem to be slower than the defender in most cases.

AI runs seem more intelligent as well, they find space better and don't just run forward in a straight line. Have been getting a lot of offsides though. Finding headers easier to win which is nice because I found it difficult to get a ball into the right position and for a striker to attack it in the last game. Already whipped a couple into the near post and scored from it.

Keepers don't seem like Superman any more either which means less running at a 45 degree angle and smashing it at the far post I guess, that got quite boring.

Just hoping the defending/dribbling doesn't ruin it, quite liking everything else at this point.

Actually, after thinking about dribbling, it does seem more realistic, you can't sprint and take massive touches with defenders around but I was getting plenty of luck doing that when they were set up narrow and taking it around people with the likes of Bale and Lennon. In more congested areas I was trying to sprint too much but when I took my finger off it I was able to keep it closer and lost the ball less.

Am I the only one who hates playing against the AI? 

Seriously, I do win games on Pro and Semi pro but the ball retention of the AI is ridiculous and frustrating even on semi-pro. The amount of times the AI has just ran backwards with the ball just to keep it is stupid.

This is why I only really play online.

Seriously, I do win games on Pro and Semi pro but the ball retention of the AI is ridiculous and frustrating even on semi-pro. The amount of times the AI has just ran backwards with the ball just to keep it is stupid.

The demo is the only time I ever play single player. Hate it.

Exactly this and that's why I don't read too much into the demo. Don't think I've had over 42% possession yet and that's even using Barca against Boca.

Exactly this and that's why I don't read too much into the demo. Don't think I've had over 42% possession yet and that's even using Barca against Boca.

yeh and New York Red Bulls play like Barca what BULLSHIT.They keep possession so easily haha what a joke I had like 36- 40 per cent possession.

Guest seanfox778

Much smoother than last year. Far more enjoyable, hate the passing system though, passes are always under played meaning you have to collect the ball rather than receive it as such.

I hate this, especially when you see the opposition making a move towards the ball and you're player just stands there waiting 

Archived