Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MrSpaM

Bioshock: Infinate

Anybody else pick this up yesterday? Think i'm about half way through it and really loving it so far. It's the closest i've seen a game come to playing through an action movie. Graphics are excellent and the gameplays been tightened up since the last game. Definatly worth picking up.

I'm thinking of treating myself to a new game soon and this might well be it. I bought the first one when it first came out but never finished it. I loved the storytelling and atmosphere but the gameplay was very much rooted in the 90's and there is a definite lull about 2/3s of the way into the game and put it to one side

Never played Bioshock 2. Is this game great on its own, or is it lacking if you're not up to speed with the whole series?

Its a stand alone game pretty much. Its set in the same universe as the first two games but they arnt really connected at all. This one is very much focused on story, and the connection between your character and the girl your sent to rescue. Im only half way through it but the balance of gun play and exploration is pretty spot on imo. There are some big chunks of the game (1 hour+) where your not even shooting people, your free to just explore the area for secrets, it's a lot like Dishonored in that respect. It even comes with bioshock 1 on the disc on the ps3 version so you'll get a chance to finish that too if you own a playstation.

I can understand where your coming from with the 90's gameplay stuff from the first game, it was very much 'doom' esqe in the way it threw rooms full of enemies at you wave after wave, but the second one introduced a lot of new mechanics that bring it up to date.

Just bare in mind this is single player only as well, no big loss considering the multiplayer in the last game was a little tacked on.

Basically if you play games for story and big action set pieces, you should really buy this. In terms of immersion and character it blows everything else i've played this year and last out the water.

Sounds right up my alley, will probably get it next week

I loved the non-shooting elements of Bioshock, exploration was brilliant and uncovering the audio diaries and whatnot. I just got sick of the frequent Big Daddy attacks, they drew out too long and the shooting mechanic was terrible

The idea of there being large sections without shooting doesn't put me off. Neither does single-player only. After 5 years of COD I'm finally sick of multiplayer FPSs (for now), and GTA San Andreas is still my favourite ever game. Exploring, in your own time. It's great

Edit: watching the video, I love the feature of subtly hinting where to go with an arrow if you get lost. I seem to remember getting lost in the original a few times, and unless you were using a walkthrough you just had to wander around till you stumbled on something or your brain kicked in

Picked it up yesterday, about 2 hours in. Very good. Unfortuantley a lot of System Shock 2 (S)nobs berrating it on the internet before they've even played it, but never mind.

I haven't said a thing! :o

Finished this game this morning, all I can really say about the ending is...

WOW

Seriously the ending to this game is amazing, especially if you've played the previous ones. I think this is the first game in ten years that I genuinely haven't been able to guess how it was going to end.

Will be getting this once I have shifted Dead Space 3 on hard (current) and the level above that. Considering the reviews, I think it's as good as 2 so far. Some nice set pieces and the challenge is just right.

Is this game too easy though? Bioshock has always been too easy and the atmosphere in 2 never quite matched the original either.

Archived