Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MrSpaM

Bioshock: Infinate

Will be getting this once I have shifted Dead Space 3 on hard (current) and the level above that. Considering the reviews, I think it's as good as 2 so far. Some nice set pieces and the challenge is just right.

Is this game too easy though? Bioshock has always been too easy and the atmosphere in 2 never quite matched the original either.

The game is easy to progress through in the most part. Due to the fact that as in previous Bioshock games, you cannot die unless you in 1999 mode (the only thing that actually makes the game easy, if you got a game over screen every time you died Bioshock would actually be quite difficult imo)

Difference is with this is if you play on Hard there a couple of bosses that are a bit of a pain to kill even with this feature, as everytime you die enemies regain a decent amount of health. And without spoiling anything there are sections where you can get a game over screen without dying which are difficult on hard.

It's worth playing regardless the setting and story supass 99% of the market, it's certainly better than Dead Space 3, they've ruined that series. It's about as Scary as an episode or Rosie and Jim.

Great game guys, you have to pick this up.

If you have played Bioshock you will notice how much better the actual shooting is. Cracking someone long range with a head shot is super satisfying as they will go DOWN, and all the weapons have distinctions from each other so it is difficult to spam the game with just one weapon.

One downside is I feel the vigors (superpowers) in this game aren't as cool as the plasmids in Bioshock. However they do have a better use in combat, especially when combining them with certain weapons. Also when not in combat the game does slightly lose its pace and can be a chore for a few mins.

Can't really comment on the story cus I hav'nt finished it, but while playing it there are some great mysteries in the background that will make you think.

Great game guys, you have to pick this up.

If you have played Bioshock you will notice how much better the actual shooting is. Cracking someone long range with a head shot is super satisfying as they will go DOWN, and all the weapons have distinctions from each other so it is difficult to spam the game with just one weapon.

One downside is I feel the vigors (superpowers) in this game aren't as cool as the plasmids in Bioshock. However they do have a better use in combat, especially when combining them with certain weapons. Also when not in combat the game does slightly lose its pace and can be a chore for a few mins.

Can't really comment on the story cus I hav'nt finished it, but while playing it there are some great mysteries in the background that will make you think.

blimey you think it's made you think so far, just wait for the end! lol

• 1 month later...

With EA being a bit of a b*tch with regards to FIFA UT at the moment, I gave Bioshock: Infinite another go.

From the moment I first played it, I was in constant wonder mode. The environments are beautifully crafted, each setting has a unique design, without neglecting a Steampunk influence.

The story is gripping, although I do agree it can lag a bit at times.

Also, I've gotten stuck in some objects occasionally, acting as a minor nuisance and preventing me from moving freely.

The "boss" fights are mainly easily solved, I only hated having to fight the ghost three times.

I think I'm close to the end - currently enjoying the shootout on the large airship deck. Or not so - it's a chore with all those hordes of enemies appearing on deck and the other airships around me, desperate for attention.

Need to work some more on my weapon/vigor coordination, and the use of the rails and that particular summon.

With EA being a bit of a b*tch with regards to FIFA UT at the moment, I gave Bioshock: Infinite another go.

From the moment I first played it, I was in constant wonder mode. The environments are beautifully crafted, each setting has a unique design, without neglecting a Steampunk influence.

Also, I've gotten stuck in some objects occasionally, acting as a minor nuisance and preventing me from moving freely.

The "boss" fights are mainly easily solved, I only hated having to fight the ghost three times.

I think I'm close to the end - currently enjoying the shootout on the large airship deck. Or not so - it's a chore with all those hordes of enemies appearing on deck and the other airships around me, desperate for attention.

Need to work some more on my weapon/vigor coordination, and the use of the rails and that particular summon.

You are literally at the end of the game mate, tell us on what you think of the ending on the spoiler thread!

There is a vigour that makes bullets bounce off you I believe, if you use secondary fire you can use it as a mine that absorbes bullets, if you just cover the generator in these mines hardly any bullets should make it through making it near enough impossible to damage making the airship fight a complete piece of piss.

Thanks for all the hints, I managed to finish the game two days ago. I don't know how, but I did it. The last battle is pure frenzy.

I picked up all the vigors along the way, but haven't been able to upgrade them all. Otherwise, i guess the last battle would've been a lot easier.

Anyway, loved it and I could be tempted to try the other two Bioshock titles now.

Play BioShock, definitely, it's amazing. Try not to read anything about the story before you do.

Don't bother with BioShock 2, it's the same engine and mostly the same world but they let another developer write and create it and it's just an empty shell of a game really.

Crap by contrast.

Ditto,

Just finished it after about 10 bloody hours trying to complete the last level!

Defo getting the others now

Hahah feel your pain mate, spent ages on that bit, was way to stubborn to turn the difficulty down after getting that far through it.

Hahah feel your pain mate, spent ages on that bit, was way to stubborn to turn the difficulty down after getting that far through it.

It's actually really easy if you use the technique I posted above.

Solid otherwise lol

It's actually really easy if you use the technique I posted above.

Solid otherwise lol

I agree, I completely lost my marbles and spent about 3 of them hours charging in and dying after 10 seconds despite breezing through the rest of the game.

Then I searched for a few tips and completed it a piece of piss. Still need to get round to downloading the first as nowhere in Nottingham sells it

• 3 months later...

I must be missing something. Imo this is the most over rated game of the current gen.

I've just finished it, and storyline aside, which was quite clever, although only relevant in the early stages and the last twenty minutes, offered very little else. The AI was terrible, the weapons terrible, the vigors I hardly even used. Columbia offered much to begin with, although I was expecting something classy after Bioshock, but ultimately became a very linear path with optional lock picking button presses here and there. Oh and plenty of code books.

Are people seriously rating this game? It's not good for the future of gaming if people are, because all that these games designers will do off the back of these "accolaides" is to continue to churn out the same stuff over and over again. The games will just end up with fancier graphics and the same lazy gameplay.

I must be missing something. Imo this is the most over rated game of the current gen.

I've just finished it, and storyline aside, which was quite clever, although only relevant in the early stages and the last twenty minutes, offered very little else. The AI was terrible, the weapons terrible, the vigors I hardly even used. Columbia offered much to begin with, although I was expecting something classy after Bioshock, but ultimately became a very linear path with optional lock picking button presses here and there. Oh and plenty of code books.

Are people seriously rating this game? It's not good for the future of gaming if people are, because all that these games designers will do off the back of these "accolaides" is to continue to churn out the same stuff over and over again. The games will just end up with fancier graphics and the same lazy gameplay.

Disagree, really.

I'd be happy if gaming comes back in this direction, to be honest. We've got far too much co-op and deathmatch obsessed trash in the market. This was a story driven, emotionally-driven, single player game which put gun mechanics and gaming challenge aside and focussed on just telling a decent tale.

Really liked it.

I guess it all depends on what you want from a game, we're all different. But yes, a lot of people rate it.

Archived