Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tempwan Yierban

TPH's Ale Thread

Mrs. Finners really likes Liefman's Fruitese. It's on tap everywhere in town now but the only place I've found it regularly in a shop is ASDA, who aren't stocking it anymore.

Any ideas where else I'll find it? (Local, like, not mail order.) Waitrose still have it on their website but I can't really be arsed trucking all the way out to Oadby or Blaby for a few bottles of fruit beer.

What about that offy by the old Quay, between the Sainsburys and the Chinese grocers? Anyone popped in there to see what the variety of their booze is like? Bargain Booze on Buckminster/Blackbird Road is ****ing terrible.

Mrs. Finners really likes Liefman's Fruitese. It's on tap everywhere in town now but the only place I've found it regularly in a shop is ASDA, who aren't stocking it anymore.

Any ideas where else I'll find it? (Local, like, not mail order.) Waitrose still have it on their website but I can't really be arsed trucking all the way out to Oadby or Blaby for a few bottles of fruit beer.

What about that offy by the old Quay, between the Sainsburys and the Chinese grocers? Anyone popped in there to see what the variety of their booze is like? Bargain Booze on Buckminster/Blackbird Road is ****ing terrible.

I swear they sell that at Tesco and Morrisons.

Need some assistance chaps.

Never touched an 'ale' before, always been a larger/cider/spirit man.

I've read this thread and just impulse brought:

Fursty Ferret

Old Empire IPA

Bumble Bee Honey ale

Am I drinking cold from the bottle or from a glass?

What should I expect from these 3?

What order shall I drink them in?

I think all this real ales should be room temperature  is bollox, if you like cold beer stick it in the fridge. 

I've tried Fursty Ferret and enjoyed it, the other 2 I don't know.

Need some assistance chaps.

Never touched an 'ale' before, always been a larger/cider/spirit man.

I've read this thread and just impulse brought:

Fursty Ferret

Old Empire IPA

Bumble Bee Honey ale

Am I drinking cold from the bottle or from a glass?

What should I expect from these 3?

What order shall I drink them in?

From a glass - If yo are used to cold lager you can refrigerate, no worries. (From a bottle, ales are a tad fizzier, a bit like craft beer so shouldn't be too far out of your comfort zone)

I'd drink the IPA last for no other reason but order of preference!

Believing alcohol to be a food well in advance of modern medical thought I embrace all ale's with an equal fondness. After all, if the almighty had frowned upon drunkenness he would never have allowed fermentation......So he wouldn't.

this.

I had some fuller's today, esb, bengal lancer and honey dew. All decent.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived