Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tempwan Yierban

TPH's Ale Thread

• if you want to meet the real tph i can arrange it for us$888

although he talks about a lot of beers he only really drinks goachers

historical inaccuracies abound - he didn't actually invent custard but he was the first to call it english sauce. He did, however, invent the strapless bra

but only for his own benefit 

Sammy P did I bump into you last night against my knowledge? I could swear a young man touched me then I turned round and saw a chap in a hat and thought "that was Sammy P I swear to god."

You were on the approach to Orange Tree as I was on the exit from Orange Tree. I attempted to embrace and engage in conversation but you so chose to carry on, on your travels. My girlfriend Enquired "who was that?" and i simply replied...

"Now thats just somebody i used to know"

You were on the approach to Orange Tree as I was on the exit from Orange Tree. I attempted to embrace and engage in conversation but you so chose to carry on, on your travels. My girlfriend Enquired "who was that?" and i simply replied...

lol

Wow what a rude guy. Not at all like his jack the lad internet persona.

I felt a soft hand like you were just trying to get by NOT ENGAGE. On another note that end of town was MILF central last night do you agree?

I felt a soft hand like you were just trying to get by NOT ENGAGE. On another note that end of town was MILF central last night do you agree?

I could spot that head of hair a continent away.

Yeah, I hate going out with the other half, I feel like the shedded skin of my former self.

leicester beer fest starts just over a week.I'll be working a few hows. I sent a staffing form in and saw the bloke in charge and he thought I had put  too many hours down so I have revised it to just evenings on Thur FRi and SAt. leaves the day free to sample some.

leicester beer fest starts just over a week.I'll be working a few hows. I sent a staffing form in and saw the bloke in charge and he thought I had put  too many hours down so I have revised it to just evenings on Thur FRi and SAt. leaves the day free to sample some.

Deffo coming to this.

Guest MattP

Went to the Borough Arms in Burton on Saturday, was apparently CAMRA real ale pub of the year.

Actually on the back of a brewery and it's poured straight from the barrel.

I had some cider, only 9.4%. I'm hard.

I had some cider, only 9.4%. I'm hard.

This should be your theme song, then, Matt!

That real ale fest sounds tempting after the Hull match. Unfortunately, just as I'm back boozing, my mate that I'm taking along is off the hooch....I'll have to whisper in his ear and be a bad influence on him!

Guest MattP

I'm not at the Hull match but might try and get to the festival actually. Sounds a good event from the Camra stuff I've read.

Guest MattP

will have to see if the beer list is on the site

http://leicester.camra.org.uk/data/documents/Provisional-Beer-List.pdf

This is just the real ale list. no cider.

I'll find something don't worry about that lol

I quite like CAMRA, they seem to be big fans of the Chancellor and they do a fantastic job of campaigning to keep pubs open.

http://business-reporter.co.uk/2015/02/24/drinkers-raise-glasses-to-george-osborne/

The Campaign for Real Ale (Camra) said 26,000 jobs had been created as a result of beer tax cuts.

The group urged the Chancellor to cut beer duty again in next month’s Budget to give a further boost to the industry.

Tim Page, chief executive of Camra said: “It is fantastic to see that the beer duty cuts have had a real impact on beer drinkers and pub goers across the country.

“Without these measures fewer people would be able to afford a regular pint in their local and more pubs would have closed.”

Community Pubs Minister Kris Hopkins said: “I am delighted Camra has recognised the positive impact decisions have had on the beer and pubs industry and welcome the report’s finding that this has created 26,000 new jobs.

“We will continue working with communities across the country to protect local pubs and to ensure they are working in the best interests of the communities they serve.”

They have a bottle section. A well known shop supplies them. forget who but I believe they have a good range. normally situated near the cider in the corner.

And to think they said not to ask you for advice.

Cheers.

TattonWhiteQueen.jpg

This is a personal recent favourite of mine, picked up a few after a wander round Tatton Park. Well worth a go if you like a fruity tasting ale, think it's only seasonal though not year round.

Archived