Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tempwan Yierban

TPH's Ale Thread

To be fair I only had a pint of doom bar at lunch and that gif nearly made me vomit.

That's harsh man.

Also Webbo what you doing paying £4.90 for a vedett? You could've got a St Bernardus/Chimay/La Chouffe for that kinda bunce. 

That's harsh man.

Also Webbo what you doing paying £4.90 for a vedett? You could've got a St Bernardus/Chimay/La Chouffe for that kinda bunce. 

I didn't look at the menu, I just picked the one with the nicest bottle.

Pity anyone not at the fest, not seen so many hot babes in such a small area in my life.

What's your tipple?

Looking forward to a few scoops there tomorrow evening. Is the brewery from Swindon there? Might be Courage actually...

Tried for the fest as my old boy works it, about nineish - naaaa **** queuing..

what's his name? Can't remember the name of all of them though. Bonce Blower is sold out. The selection may be limited after the game

Not sure what time I'll be there yet.

Just discovered there are still 2 Chouffes that I haven't tried: Chouffe Soleil and Chouffe Bok 6666.  I have Soleil chilling in the fridge now, but I'll have to wait until September and drive to Holland to get my hands on some Bok as it's brewed for the Dutch market.

I'll be watching our match on TV today (plastic so and so) (me, not the TV, although the casing is plastic I think). Anyway, I'm sober and that just won't do. Thought I had no booze at all in house but just discovered 6 bottles of ale and half a bottle of white I obviously didn't finish last night. Beggars can't be choosers.

First up - Ringwood - Boondoggle.

(this is from a box of 6 ales I probably wouldn't choose but given as a gift)

RingwoodBoondoggle.jpg

There it is. A bit more a traditional 'English' ale than some mentioned in here - but with a concession to the modern beer drinker (this is a craft ale).

Its described as fruity, craft and blonde - which are three words I don't tend to like to see in a beer description, but actually its not too bad. This is probably about the right time of year to be drinking it - its a nice spring-ish ale. At 4.2% its probably towards the top end of what I'd drink as a 'session' ale - and it could easily pass for a 3.2 - 3.6 sort of beer on the taste.

Its all a bit 'up front' and brash - and over fruity for me to look out for as a repeat purchase - and it smells very, very lager-y. It does at least avoid the wishy-washy 'soapy' flavour/smell that some of these quite blonde british ales end up with.

Not my sort of thing, but not a terrible beer. Glad I've tried it since it was bought as a gift, since having even read the bottle label, its not one I'd have gone for.

Ringwood brewery is actually generally pretty good and their 'best' which gets served around this way sometimes, is a bit of a treat a stock, session ale. Very nice indeed.

EDIT: Nailed the 'nose', its lagery mixed with cut grass. 

EDIT: Looks like was once available as a 5%. Probably quite deadly if found on a pump somewhere at 5% for summer day time drinking!

beercheckinimage.600.jpg

I had 4 of the above last night in my local Spoons, very nice but woke up with a heavy head.

I had a bit of a session on this not too long ago and enjoyed it at the time (for a Wetherspoons beer!) but felt extremely curious the following day. Not sure if it was a dodgy pint, the volume of it or the Wetherspoons ('gourmet'!!) burger.

Jennings - Cumberland Ale now 4.0%.

Describes itself as a deep golden ale, but its probably a bit paler than that description conjures.

In my view, this is a beer which tastes much better from the pump than the bottle - and really quite different. The draught beer is more typical 'beery' whilst the bottled version always tastes very very floral and perhaps a little grapefruity.

Its not a bad beer though. Just not very exciting.

There was a stage when I really enjoyed the bottled stuff of this beer - but the finish is just a little bit too fruity/floral for a my current tastes which see me leaning towards a ruby type traditional 'best' style beer or darker. 

Archived