Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tempwan Yierban

TPH's Ale Thread

Chouffe Soliel is a bit disappointing. It's okay.

On first impressions I disagree.  It's a much lighter flavour than the other Chouffes, but that's exactly what they're going for - something to refresh on a hot summer day.  The flavour's reminiscent of Belgian wheat beers and as a big fan of blanches I'd say this beer ticks all my sunny-day-drinking boxes.  All that said it's still some way off Houblon, but so's everything except Duvel.  7.8/10 imo.

That's actually fair, I mean given what it's aiming to be it's nice. But I had to settle for it on a rainy evening in Leicester when the pub had run dry of la chouffe and what I really wanted was la chouffe.

I imagine it's a lovely pub garden / bbq beer.

Best people didn't turn up.

Are you saying that Best Brewery is the brewery from Swindon and that they didn't have their drinks there or that you are advising that people leave all the beer and wimmin to yourself?

Are you saying that Best Brewery is the brewery from Swindon and that they didn't have their drinks there or that you are advising that people leave all the beer and wimmin to yourself?

I WAS NOT ADVOCATING THE USE OF DRUGS

Just finished the fest.I guess there were no more than 30/250 left and a few of them were getting low. So not bad.Saw a couple off here. can't remember who atm. I never drank as much as the punters. Too busy serving. Had a break for the football but wish I had not bothered.

Just finished the fest.I guess there were no more than 30/250 left and a few of them were getting low. So not bad.Saw a couple off here. can't remember who atm. I never drank as much as the punters. Too busy serving. Had a break for the football but wish I had not bothered.

Me and AndWhat?

Was good to put a name to a face. Can't remember what beer you recommended us but it was decent. Not as much choice left as I would have liked but guess we were there for the last session of the week. Got a commemorative half-pint glass out of it so can't complain.

The Swan was doing its own beer festival too, with ales chosen by its staff. There was some 7 per cent gear called Automaton which did for me pre-match.

Just moved to Maine in the US and well and truly in craft beer country. There's loads of micro brews here and drinking local beer is all the rage. My favourite tipple so far is Geary's pale ale, anyone tried it?

No but love the American beer scene atm, decent availability in the uk too now.

Also anyone who is near a sainsbury's and likes/would want to try a decent Belgian blond beer they have affligem blond 3 for £4, 6 for £7 which is a decent price.

Just had a chouffe soliel from Criterion just for Llama man. With a godfather pizza, lovely.

:blush:

Had a bit of a Duvel Triple-Hop session last night.  I think this year's might be my favourite one yet, it's just so scrumptiously hoppy.  Goes remarkably well with a bit of Dutch finest too. 9.2/10

:blush:

Had a bit of a Duvel Triple-Hop session last night.  I think this year's might be my favourite one yet, it's just so scrumptiously hoppy.  Goes remarkably well with a bit of Dutch finest too. 9.2/10

Not had this years gotta get on that. Had last 2, 2013 the best.

Just outside Brussels, but for all intents and purposes yes.  This is where my parents live so when I spectacularly cocked university up and had to move back in with them for a bit this is where I ended up.  Eventually found a job that made me enough to move into a flatshare but for now I'm kind of stuck here what with my complete lack of qualifications and therefore meagre job prospects.  Tbh I'm not even sure I'd move back to the UK if I could, Belgium has a lot of good things going for it with its melting-pot atmosphere and of course the friendly neighbours to the north are a big bonus for one as horticulturally inclined as myself.

(Well you did ask lol)

Fairly jealous. Are your parents from Leicester originally? You seem to have been there long enough to have picked up a good bit of french, Dutch also? Were you born in England?

My Dutch varies, sometimes I'll understand someone perfectly, other times I'll have no idea.  Either way I can't express myself in the language, I've had a lot of conversations with Flemings where we talk at each other in our respective languages and it actually gets the job done.  Born and (mostly) raised in Guildford.

Christ Finners ask the poor bloke for his timetable and list of fears while you're at it.

Do, do you want me to go get them?

I'd like your time table for the next week and a list of your fears now please.

Also, what are you wearing?

I am terrified that one day I will wake up and have to face the reality of my poor life choices.

As a rule I try not to be wearing anything past 12pm.  It is 12:15 here.

Archived