Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tempwan Yierban

TPH's Ale Thread

Anyone keen on "craft beer" and all that should get themselves to Leeds International Beer Fest start of Sept at the town hall. Went last year and it was great - gotta buy a ticket to go but it's a great little event and slap in the middle of a brilliant city with some first class boozers.

Got slaughtered on some Magic Rock stuff last year, all their beers are fantastic.

Anyone keen on "craft beer" and all that should get themselves to Leeds International Beer Fest start of Sept at the town hall. Went last year and it was great - gotta buy a ticket to go but it's a great little event and slap in the middle of a brilliant city with some first class boozers.

Got slaughtered on some Magic Rock stuff last year, all their beers are fantastic.

Yeah I'm going.

Was drinking in Tapped on Saturday. Love that place. Tried a few but Saltaire Blonde was probably the best.

Also had a quality pint of ESB (can't remember the name) in the Sheffield Tap on Friday night. Surely the best railway station pub in the country?

Holy shit has anyone heard of Ridgeway Brewery? I got two of their beers from a farm shop today and they are both ****ing amazing, one was an IPA dunno what the other was but wow. Hadn't even heard of them.

Only tried one from them but it's very nice...They sell it at Sainsbury's.

bad_king_john-240x400.jpg

Tonight I'm having the a few bottles of Old Tom 8.5%

old-tom-chocolate-chocolate-tom-english-

Only tried one from them but it's very nice...They sell it at Sainsbury's.

bad_king_john-240x400.jpg

Tonight I'm having the a few bottles of Old Tom 8.5%

old-tom-chocolate-chocolate-tom-english-

Old Tom has become a regular tipple of mine, especially as you can pick it up at Asda for £1.50 a bottle.

Brewdog Leicester will have a soft opening for shareholders midweek and then a full opening on the following Friday or Saturday, no actual dates yet but it can't be long now.

There is another Mild Trail in May, maybe it will open in time for that. I'll see if I can find out.

It's opening in April, you can follow their Twitter for announcements

I'll check the Twitter then. the latest issue of the Drinker is due out soon. Should be news in that.

Nothing on Leicester CAMRA page yet but linking favourite places page there is a planned trip TBC to Harrogate. I noticed that came up more than once http://leicester.camra.org.uk/social-events/

Also on 11 April there is a trip to Wigan and Bolton. A forerunner to next season maybe. Check out the pre-match pubs.

More positive news is that the "craft beer" revolution is set to hit Leicester big time with the opening of Brewdog in April, at the former Will's Bar on Friar Lane (previously The Varsity). This Scottish based chain already has branches in major British cities such as Nottingham, Sheffield, Liverpool and Bristol, together with a number of overseas ventures.  Brewdog Leicester will feature some 20 beer taps, a full food menu and apparently some vintage pinball games.  Whatever your views on craft keg (and CAMRA members have many) there is no doubt this represents a significant investment in the drinking scene in our city, and follows numerous recent bar and restaurant openings.

Has anyone been to the Western for their gig nights? there is a play on Thursday about Darwin. Also thinking about going to their open mic a fortnight tomorrow. The manager plays in the  poker game on a Monday at the Kings. The table we use came from the Western. He bought two of my book  for his missus. The only thing is the place is a little out the way for me. OK getting there but its coming back. Would have to be a taxi. It's a Steaming Billy pub and they have a good range of ales on.

http://upstairsatthewestern.com/

Archived