Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tempwan Yierban

TPH's Ale Thread

£16 a bottle! I'm never likely to try that.

It would have to be a very special occasion to make me even buy a bottle of wine for that price, never mind beer - though I guess I have paid much more for a nice whisky.

£16 a bottle! I'm never likely to try that.

It would have to be a very special occasion to make me even buy a bottle of wine for that price, never mind beer - though I guess I have paid much more for a nice whisky.

It's a 750ml bottle tbf and it was our fake-christmas-day-before-everyone-goes-back-to-families so thought I'd splash out. Don't get to try many American beers over here outside a standard few that I seem to see quite regularly.

Thinking about it, it's more like drinking a bottle of wine anyway. 12% and very thick and smooth, very much a sipper. I'd recommend trying it if you can get your hands on it, I actually split it with a mate.

Spent over £12 on big bottles of St Bernardus ABT 12 so would prob buy it.

You like your Belgians don't you? Used this website before? Cracking prices inc delivery compared to what you pay over here.

http://www.belgianbeerfactory.com/

Amongst other things I picked up a crate of Rochefort 10 for under £50 last time round.

No only used beerhawk and beers of europe, will deffo check it out cheers bro. And yeah I love belgian beer, do you?

Not managed to try too many but I quite like wheat beers, dubbels, quads and belgian lagers. Looking at Untappd I've had....

Nice what's been your fave? The Rochefort's are amazing imo. Also you need to try Delirium Tremens, it's the quintessential strong belgian blond and won beer of the year a few years back. 

Nice what's been your fave? The Rochefort's are amazing imo. Also you need to try Delirium Tremens, it's the quintessential strong belgian blond and won beer of the year a few years back. 

Yeah, not sure how I've avoided that tbh. The Rochefort 10 is my go-to favourite and I really enjoy the Westmalle Dubbel, think that's underrated. St Feuillien Brune was up there as well.

Ordered a **** load of Belgian's through that site so they took over for a while. I'm more likely to go for IPA's, EPA's and stouts when I'm out and about.

how do you get invited? gotta be itk? 

It may be local landlords and reps from breweries among the elite. A rep from Brewdog was drinking in the Kings Head a few weeks ago and talking about it opening. The 15th is not a good time for me. There is my board gaming night which I was going to miss to go to the Western for their open mic night although I may be able to go early on for a hour. That is if I can wrangle an invite which I doubt.

Archived