Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tempwan Yierban

TPH's Ale Thread

Seen the price list though. Gonna be going for the trenter percenter high ABVs to get my money's worth when I pop in.

I noticed that they've got a lovely little brew on at £4.50 a pint, and it's a mere 15% ABV! lol

Me big boy beers, Voll Blau big boy beers, scousefox big boy beers sometimes little boy beers. So different drinks for different.......needs.

I'd love to have beers with the big boys big beers yes

Is there a link to the prices? I was told the prices were expensive.If they are too much I will  not frequent the place often.

There's a pic in the how was you day thread. If you see me in a there I'll buy you a beer.

I noticed that they've got a lovely little brew on at £4.50 a pint, and it's a mere 15% ABV! lol

The 15% Paradox Compass Box at Brewdog is £5 for 1/3 of a pint, it is a great beer.

The 15% Paradox Compass Box at Brewdog is £5 for 1/3 of a pint, it is a great beer.

I've heard that's the case.

I can't fault Brewdog at all, always have enjoyed their beers.

Yes but remember to take your Gold American Express.

The beers aren't so expensive in my opinion £4 -£5 for a really good pint is good value compared to some of the crap out there, Criterion charge £4.80 for a schooner of Lagunitas IPA

The beers aren't so expensive in my opinion £4 -£5 for a really good pint is good value compared to some of the crap out there, Criterion charge £4.80 for a schooner of Lagunitas IPA

I'm not overly enamoured with Brewdog's beers in general (don't dislike, mind) but I'd agree with that. If you're not drinking cask or you're not in a Spoons you're looking at the best part of £4 for a bang average standard lager in a fair few places in town. 

yeah brewdog prices are actually pretty sound compared to most upmarket bars in a town centre. more expensive than a carling in a hell hole but you get what you pay for innit. 

also it's a different beering experience ain't it, you're not there to down pints and blag birds dancing to 5ive, you're there to enjoy the beers. 

yeah brewdog prices are actually pretty sound compared to most upmarket bars in a town centre. more expensive than a carling in a hell hole but you get what you pay for innit. 

also it's a different beering experience ain't it, you're not there to down pints and blag birds dancing to 5ive, you're there to enjoy the beers. 

I reckon there's a gap in the market for a venue that combines the two.

yeah but it'd be a very selective clientele who'd be willing to pay for it imo. i'm going to open a bar one day so maybe that can be one of the themes. other themes include fat frog fridays where we only sell fat frogs on a friday, stevie g sundays, best GERRARRRRRD followed by stevie g knee slide badge kissing celebration (on the pitch in the beer garden) gets a free drink. other themes pending. 

maybe once a month fat frog 5ive friday where we combine fat frogs and 5ive, on a friday. 

the bar will be in zante and will be called "the bar in zante". 

not as catchy imo. imagine the #LADs at the top of the strip "you going the bar? yeah let's go the bar" THE DREAM. 

also involving a region again narrows the potential customer base, people from the east side ain't gonna come for a pint in a north western named banter bar are they? did you learn nothing from 90s hip-hop? 

Archived