Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tempwan Yierban

TPH's Ale Thread

The problem with mild is that nobody drinks it anymore. If you order a pint it's probably been in the pipes 2 days. It's hard to judge whether it's any good because it's probably gone off.

Whats it like in there now? Haven't been in a long time

You know, it was the first time I've been in there for about 10 years. I've been driving by it every day for the last fortnight so I thought I'd give it a try. The beer garden is lovely especially in the sunshine.

Had a Goose Island Honkers Ale the other night. Went for it because it had a picture of a cartoon goose honking on it, which I thought was funny. Meant to be a Yank take on an English bitter, but doesn't really come out that way. Still nice though.

Had a daft amount yesterday in the Swan/Criterion but can't remember everything I had. Woke up on Platform 1 at Loughborough station at quarter to one in the morning. Thankfully just in time for my change train to Derby.

Had a bottle of this last night, it was very nice and one I'll definitely be getting again. :beer:

20140523-210135-75695613.jpg

Tonight's bottle is from one of my fav breweries Sadler's. I've never tried this one before but found it in B&M, bonus for £1.39.

SadlersBorisCitrov.jpg

Has anyone been on the castke brewery tour in Nottingham?  Saw it advertised when I was  there  today but never got the chance to go.Need to check out  opening times etc first.

Did four places on the Real AleTrail though.

It's good gear that. Always found it weird how it's "Oakham Ales" when they're from Peterborough though.

It was very very good, I'd love to try it on cask.

I actually went back for a few more this morning but just my luck they were all gone so I picked up a few bottles of this instead.

2965.jpg

Archived