Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Buzzell

Laptop/Charger problem

I have a bit of an issue with either my laptop or my charger.

About 2 months ago I bought a new charger for my Acer laptop, which worked fine. I then didn't use my laptop for about a couple of weeks until I decided to play abit of FM. But once I plugged my charger into my laptop the green LED on the charger would flash repeatedly and a slight beeping sound comes from the charger. It doesn't allow me to turn on/charge my laptop. (Laptop battery is knackered, without a power source it won't work on just the battery)

I assumed it was a faulty charger?

So I recently borrowed a mates charger, which I knew that worked, and tried that but again the green LED keeps flashing on the charger.

So is the issue my laptop?

:unsure:

I've got an Acer and I've had problems with the charger port. The cable wouldn't stay in and it's generally a ****ing ballache to put up with. My mum's is also similar, the charger appears to be in but half the time it won't actually charge unless you take it out and shove it back in. Good laptops apart from this really massive issue in my experience.

Not sure how you'd go about dealing with it though. Is it still under warranty?

I've got an Acer and I've had problems with the charger port. The cable wouldn't stay in and it's generally a ****ing ballache to put up with. My mum's is also similar, the charger appears to be in but half the time it won't actually charge unless you take it out and shove it back in. Good laptops apart from this really massive issue in my experience.

Not sure how you'd go about dealing with it though. Is it still under warranty?

No don't think it's still under warranty :/

My missis knows someone that can have a look at it. More money spent!

Did you make sure it was the correct volt and amp? If not, may have blown the board where the charger plugs into. Even two laptops that are the same make / model can have different battery amperage and volts.

Did you make sure it was the correct volt and amp? If not, may have blown the board where the charger plugs into. Even two laptops that are the same make / model can have different battery amperage and volts.

Yeah I checked that. Output is 19v which I've got, got two chargers the same. Still don't work.

Does the charger light flash if not connected to the laptop? Most likely not if you tried another charger, the laptop is shorting out, could be a simple fix or could be scrap.

When I unplug the charger from the laptop, with the charger still plugged in, the green LED stays lit up. It must be my laptop.

I hope my laptop isn't fvcked, got all my iTunes songs on there and my saved game of Leicester on FM13 :(:/

Sounds like a faulty power supply to me, especially if it was the power supply beeping at you and not the laptop.

That was my first thought. But I've now tried two chargers in it and getting the same problem. :unsure:

• 1 year later...

Hello buzzer_b

Most commonly when there are charging problems with laptops this is normally caused by a faulty Laptop Power Jack, this seems to be more common place recently and we are getting more enquiries regarding this type of repair work recently. One of the reasons can be dry joints, when products are soldered in the factory now they are using lead free solder which is not as durable as the leaded variety.

If you still have problems with this please let me know, I am running a Laptop Power Jack repair service in Milton Keynes through my company Milton Keynes Computers

All the best

Hello buzzer_b

Most commonly when there are charging problems with laptops this is normally caused by a faulty Laptop Power Jack, this seems to be more common place recently and we are getting more enquiries regarding this type of repair work recently. One of the reasons can be dry joints, when products are soldered in the factory now they are using lead free solder which is not as durable as the leaded variety.

If you still have problems with this please let me know, I am running a Laptop Power Jack repair service in Milton Keynes through my company Milton Keynes Computers

All the best

Ended up buying a new laptop pal. lol

Cheers for the help though. :)

Archived