Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MrSpaM

Microsofts next XBOX (Xbox One)

Rumour has it that is complete BS, they've already said it won't be

Have they?

They should make it a paid for service I have seen plenty of both consoles and do without question get a better service on the xbox, if you use your brain it's about £3 a month. More than worth it.

Have they?

They should make it a paid for service I have seen plenty of both consoles and do without question get a better service on the xbox, if you use your brain it's about £3 a month. More than worth it.

I honestly don't understand where people get this whole 'Xbox live is so much better than PSN', Live has party chat and PSN doesn't, that's literally the only difference. It's not like live magically makes your internet connection any better. Granted at the start of the PS3's life, the online service and shop was pretty poor, but I fail to see how it's any different to live now apart from the party chat thing.

Alot of people come back with the 'PSN got hacked' argument, this happened roughly seven years after the console was released, these same people completely fail to realise the x-box was hacked literally the same week the console was released. People were J-Tagging X-box's and cheating on games for years before anybody managed the same thing with the PS3.

I'm interested to see what Microsoft are going to bring to the table next week, but it really feels like people are clutching at straws as to why it'll be the one to buy. I guess we'll find out shortly. If they come out with a bunch of trailers for Xbox 360 sequals and nothing else I'm really not going to be impressed. They need to showcase something really special for me to consider buying it, and not just some motion control gimmick like Kinect 2.0. I've got no interest in motion control gaming whatsoever.

I honestly don't understand where people get this whole 'Xbox live is so much better than PSN', Live has party chat and PSN doesn't, that's literally the only difference. It's not like live magically makes your internet connection any better. Granted at the start of the PS3's life, the online service and shop was pretty poor, but I fail to see how it's any different to live now apart from the party chat thing.

Alot of people come back with the 'PSN got hacked' argument, this happened roughly seven years after the console was released, these same people completely fail to realise the x-box was hacked literally the same week the console was released. People were J-Tagging X-box's and cheating on games for years before anybody managed the same thing with the PS3.

I'm interested to see what Microsoft are going to bring to the table next week, but it really feels like people are clutching at straws as to why it'll be the one to buy. I guess we'll find out shortly. If they come out with a bunch of trailers for Xbox 360 sequals and nothing else I'm really not going to be impressed. They need to showcase something really special for me to consider buying it, and not just some motion control gimmick like Kinect 2.0. I've got no interest in motion control gaming whatsoever.

You can try and dismiss the hacking but I'm afraid that was quite a serious incident where you had no service for weeks and I personally know people who have had their cards cloned as a direct result lol and I am sure there is a statistic floating around somwhere that shows how often Playstation games are hacked compared to Xbox as well but can't find it.

Xbox Live does provide a more secure service and offers other extras such as Twitter/Sky/Facebook/Netflix/LastFm/Bing/Music Videos/Latest film new etc.The information on other players friends lists and party chats as mentioned are a lot more in depth on Live. Arcade downloads don't need to be installed. Purchased items and be redowloaded as many times as you like and the list based navigation is a lot easier to use than the web page navigation of the PS store.

The most important thing for me is they use the revenue to secure DLC for a lot of games months before they surface on the PSN.

There really isn't any denying it's a much better service you'd have to be a complete fan boy to argue otherwise.

You can try and dismiss the hacking but I'm afraid that was quite a serious incident where you had no service for weeks and I personally know people who have had their cards cloned as a direct result lol and I am sure there is a statistic floating around somwhere that shows how often Playstation games are hacked compared to Xbox as well but can't find it.

Xbox Live does provide a more secure service and offers other extras such as Twitter/Sky/Facebook/Netflix/LastFm/Bing/Music Videos/Latest film new etc.The information on other players friends lists and party chats as mentioned are a lot more in depth on Live. Arcade downloads don't need to be installed. Purchased items and be redowloaded as many times as you like and the list based navigation is a lot easier to use than the web page navigation of the PS store.

The most important thing for me is they use the revenue to secure DLC for a lot of games months before they surface on the PSN.

There really isn't any denying it's a much better service you'd have to be a complete fan boy to argue otherwise.

Whoever told you they've had their credit cards cloned as a result of that are making it up I'm afraid

"As of May 2011, there were no verifiable reports of credit card fraud related to the outage. There were reports on the Internet that some PlayStation users experienced credit card fraud, however, they were yet to be linked to the incident. Users who registered a credit card for use only with Sony also reported credit card fraud. Sony claimed that the CSC codes requested by their services were not stored"

Also all of the services you've listed are available on PSN in some shape of form anyway, have they even implemented an internet browser on live yet?!?

You can also re-download any games as many times as you like on PSN, and you've just made that bit up about xbox live arcade games not being installed to your console as well, live arcade games are not streamed from anywhere, so you must be downloading something! What difference does that even make anyway?!?

So yeh, party chat, that you have to pay a monthly subscription for... great

I'm honestly not trying to sound like a massive fanboy, I just don't buy this whole 'XBox live is worth the money' thing, it's really not imo. Imagine the backlash if microsoft suddenly decided you couldnt go on the internet on their next windows operating system unless you paid a monthly subscription, people would go nuts, so why people just accept it on the XBox is beyond me. I'd be very surprised if Microsoft charged you to just play online on their next console, it's one of the main reasons a lot of people ended up ditching their xbox and got a ps3 instead.

Whoever told you they've had their credit cards cloned as a result of that are making it up I'm afraid

"As of May 2011, there were no verifiable reports of credit card fraud related to the outage. There were reports on the Internet that some PlayStation users experienced credit card fraud, however, they were yet to be linked to the incident. Users who registered a credit card for use only with Sony also reported credit card fraud. Sony claimed that the CSC codes requested by their services were not stored"

Also all of the services you've listed are available on PSN in some shape of form anyway, have they even implemented an internet browser on live yet?!?

You can also re-download any games as many times as you like on PSN, and you've just made that bit up about xbox live arcade games not being installed to your console as well, live arcade games are not streamed from anywhere, so you must be downloading something! What difference does that even make anyway?!?

So yeh, party chat, that you have to pay a monthly subscription for... great

I'm honestly not trying to sound like a massive fanboy, I just don't buy this whole 'XBox live is worth the money' thing, it's really not imo. Imagine the backlash if microsoft suddenly decided you couldnt go on the internet on their next windows operating system unless you paid a monthly subscription, people would go nuts, so why people just accept it on the XBox is beyond me. I'd be very surprised if Microsoft charged you to just play online on their next console, it's one of the main reasons a lot of people ended up ditching their xbox and got a ps3 instead.

Not directly linked to the incident fair enough lol. But do you know how hard it is to link one piece of fraud to one specific piece of data loss, it's impossible. All I know is one lad I know details got swiped off there and 6 weeks later someone had a free holiday in California on him lol. Impossible to prove it was linked to that incident for sure I know but I know what he blames lol. Either way as I say  it's an incident that cannot be brushed under the carpet it was a massive corporate failure and I'm suprised you wouldn't be willing to pay £3 a month to guarantee it'd never happpen again that alone to me seems to be worth it?

Yeah there's a browser, maybe I am wrong then but from what I've read you have to go through a web browser for everything on the PS, not exactly ideal for a console is it, Xbox has apps. So there is no limit on how many times you can download games? This contray to what I have read so apologies if my source is no good. I have not made the thing about Xbox live arcade games up please read again, they download but don't need installing afterwards I said nothing about steaming,  Again I hear there is both a download and a installation process with a Playstation doubling the download time but I again apologise if this is incorrect.

Party chat is actually increadibley usefull and the setup in profiles and networking between players is a lot more indepth on Live, this feature alone does make it a much better service, and a also the point about DLC for games like COD, Skyrim, Grand Theft Auto being available on Live Premium sometimes as much as 6 months before PSN which I see you haven't picked up on and as stated that's the most important point for me.

Clearly we have differing opinions, £3 is nothing to me I'd pay it just for the guarantee of not having the online system pulled apart by hackers like the PSN incident never mind all the other stuff mentioned TBH! clearly you have different priorities.

They've already said it won't be, they'll have the option to go for PlayStation + like the PS3, but on the ps4 this will give you access to the PlayStation back catalogue (Gaikai) for free and free games. They'll never charge you just so you can play your games online like Microsoft do.

go dig and industry insiders are saying they expect sony to have a free service and a premium service. I'm sure i read it or heard it on Gametrailers.... i think it was Michael Pachter that said it, he's usually on the money.

Not directly linked to the incident fair enough lol. But do you know how hard it is to link one piece of fraud to one specific piece of data loss, it's impossible. All I know is one lad I know details got swiped off there and 6 weeks later someone had a free holiday in California on him lol. Impossible to prove it was linked to that incident for sure I know but I know what he blames lol. Either way as I say it's an incident that cannot be brushed under the carpet it was a massive corporate failure and I'm suprised you wouldn't be willing to pay £3 a month to guarantee it'd never happpen again that alone to me seems to be worth it?

Yeah there's a browser, maybe I am wrong then but from what I've read you have to go through a web browser for everything on the PS, not exactly ideal for a console is it, Xbox has apps. So there is no limit on how many times you can download games? This contray to what I have read so apologies if my source is no good. I have not made the thing about Xbox live arcade games up please read again, they download but don't need installing afterwards I said nothing about steaming, Again I hear there is both a download and a installation process with a Playstation doubling the download time but I again apologise if this is incorrect.

Party chat is actually increadibley usefull and the setup in profiles and networking between players is a lot more indepth on Live, this feature alone does make it a much better service, and a also the point about DLC for games like COD, Skyrim, Grand Theft Auto being available on Live Premium sometimes as much as 6 months before PSN which I see you haven't picked up on and as stated that's the most important point for me.

Clearly we have differing opinions, £3 is nothing to me I'd pay it just for the guarantee of not having the online system pulled apart by hackers like the PSN incident never mind all the other stuff mentioned TBH! clearly you have different priorities.

Just because your console doesn't say 'Installing' after you've downloaded stuff doesn't mean it hasn't installed anything. Any app or game that's downloaded to your console has to be installed.

Can I suggest you have a proper go on a ps3 before you carry on, it sounds like your basing this whole thing on what ps3 was like at launch. Its a lot better than it used to be. Your wrong about pretty much everything you've just said lol

You might want to skim through my earlier post too, the xbox was pulled apart by hackers the first week it was released, what do you think a J-Tagged console is?!?

Just because your console doesn't say 'Installing' after you've downloaded stuff doesn't mean it hasn't installed anything. Any app or game that's downloaded to your console has to be installed.

Can I suggest you have a proper go on a ps3 before you carry on, it sounds like your basing this whole thing on what ps3 was like at launch. Its a lot better than it used to be. Your wrong about pretty much everything you've just said lol

You might want to skim through my earlier post too, the xbox was pulled apart by hackers the first week it was released, what do you think a J-Tagged console is?!?

Nope, all one process on Xbox it installs and downloads at the same time saving time.

Maybe things have got a bit better than fair enough, I admit It's been awhile since I've used one! They are more minor points though, my main ones still stand up up.

Yes I'm aware there is cheating hacking pirating taking place on the Xbox, Playstation, and PC. Although you can't really compare a few hackers taking advantage of hardware to the massive failure on Sony half when the PSN was shut down for nearly three weeks and all your personal data was put at risk. I don't think a paid for system would be a bad idea for Sony.

Nope, all one process on Xbox it installs and downloads at the same time saving time.

So does the playstation ffs! lol

go dig and industry insiders are saying they expect sony to have a free service and a premium service. I'm sure i read it or heard it on Gametrailers.... i think it was Michael Pachter that said it, he's usually on the money.

So exactly the same as they have it already then!

Just thought i'd add my bit of the hacking part if i remember correctly xbox live got hacked the year before and went down for 2 weeks or so and microsoft never gave compensation yet sony's service is free and they gave compensation and it wasn't just sony ALOT of companies got hacked by lulzsec who have recently been given jail time for it.

Just thought i'd add my bit of the hacking part if i remember correctly xbox live got hacked the year before and went down for 2 weeks or so and microsoft never gave compensation yet sony's service is free and they gave compensation and it wasn't just sony ALOT of companies got hacked by lulzsec who have recently been given jail time for it.

You don't remember correctly I've never had downtime of more than a day due to big updates and I've had mine since 2006. If this happened I've never herd about it and didn't turn my xbox on for the apparent 2 weeks in which it occured.

You don't remember correctly I've never had downtime of more than a day due to big updates and I've had mine since 2006. If this happened I've never herd about it and didn't turn my xbox on for the apparent 2 weeks in which it occured.

You might be right but i am quite positive there was 2 weeks downtime somewhere along the line 2006 is a long time to remember exact events i did have a quick search on google which didn't find anything except mass video's about hacking so i might have made it up :P but i'm sure it actually happend.

You might be right but i am quite positive there was 2 weeks downtime somewhere along the line 2006 is a long time to remember exact events i did have a quick search on google which didn't find anything except mass video's about hacking so i might have made it up :P but i'm sure it actually happend.

I'm quite sure I'd remember 2 weeks of down time on xbox live, and I'm quite sure you'd be able to find evidence of it happening if it did. You've dreamt it.

Maybe things have got a bit better than fair enough, I admit It's been awhile since I've used one! They are more minor points though, my main ones still stand up up.

Yes I'm aware there is cheating hacking pirating taking place on the Xbox, Playstation, and PC. Although you can't really compare a few hackers taking advantage of hardware to the massive failure on Sony half when the PSN was shut down for nearly three weeks and all your personal data was put at risk. I don't think a paid for system would be a bad idea for Sony.

The whole hacking debate is a moot point.

Psn was hacked and peoples details were at risk..quite a lot of people also got hacked on the Xbox and lost money..around the time FIFA 13 came out.It wasn't made as big a news as when the Psn was hacked..but it happened.

My point being,Psn..Xbox and PC are all vulnerable to hacking..NASA and American Intelligence agencies spring to mind.

It's what hackers do..for them to hack something is like for some gamers to get a 20 killstreak..or get Messi in a pack....or to score an injury time penalty to get to Wembley...too soon?..sorry...

LCFC..Always.

Being announced tonight :)

However, my enthusiasm has been dampened after reading games could potentially be locked to consoles using single use activation codes, effectively ending the 2nd hand game industry :unsure:

Least we will get to see what it looks like :) can't see much more being revealed apart from the name and the hardware and maybe 1 or 2 titles.

Don't think it will be online only either after reading an article so im sure they will quash that.

What time is the event anyway and any streams for it?

edit: starts 5pm uk time xbox.com.

Least we will get to see what it looks like :) can't see much more being revealed apart from the name and the hardware and maybe 1 or 2 titles.

Don't think it will be online only either after reading an article so im sure they will quash that.

What time is the event anyway and any streams for it?

edit: starts 5pm uk time xbox.com.

I thought it was 6pm?

I would have thought there will be little detail tonight, probably more than was given out at Sony's rahter drawn out announcement though. If it is always online they'd do well to avoid the subject tonight, if it is not they should get the rumours quashed asap.

I thought it was 6pm?

I would have thought there will be little detail tonight, probably more than was given out at Sony's rahter drawn out announcement though. If it is always online they'd do well to avoid the subject tonight, if it is not they should get the rumours quashed asap.

Yes your right 6pm.

Won't be too much revealed regarding games as they have another conference the day before E3 in 3 weeks time which I suspect is when the games and everything else will go live.

Maybe just the console, name and hardware details today.

I hope not, I've never used or intended to use Kinect, I buy a console to sit down and play games with a controller.

But for some bizarre reason they're desperate for the family image that served Nintendo so well for about 3 years before collapsing all around them, when they realised middle aged women don't buy video games.

Archived