Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MrSpaM

Microsofts next XBOX (Xbox One)

As I'm neutral. This made me lol :

Hg3klDh.jpg

Xbox One: Equally as powerful as the PS4, still the best FPS controller in the world, looks cool, and (most importantly for me) once again the main platform for Call of Duty. As much as I hate you Microsoft, shut up and take my money.

3rd I think you'll find! But close... 

Don't think I'll be able to wait for the new console before I play the new FIfa and GTA to be honest. lol

If it's supposed to be doing gaming, tv etc. simultaneously, I'd expect it to have at least 8GB of RAM tbh, especially in this day and age.

I like the look of it. I'll probably get one as long as it's not 'Always Online' or if Sony's console is literally mind blowing.

Edit: Not sure how reliable this is, but:

Shortly after the Xbox Reveal event today, Microsoft revealed that its new console does not require a constant internet connection.

According to Spike TV's Geoff Keighley, Microsoft's Don Mattrick confirmed that the Xbox One is not "always on."

The news disproves rumors that have been kicking around since last year and building ever since. Earlier this year, controversy over the requirement led to the departure of Microsoft Studios creative director Adam Orth, though an alleged internal memo later debunked the feature.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/05/21/xbox-one-doesnt-require-internet-connection?+main+twitter

As I'm neutral. This made me lol :

Hg3klDh.jpg

3rd I think you'll find! But close... 

I do hope your not counting any of those abominations Nintendo has released in the last 8 years.

Espeically the Wii mote which is shocking to play FPS with.

I do hope your not counting any of those abominations Nintendo has released in the last 8 years.

Espeically the Wii mote which is shocking to play FPS with.

1: Keyboard and mouse

2: WiiMote and Nunchuck

3: Xbox controller.

End of!

1: Keyboard and mouse

2: WiiMote and Nunchuck

3: Xbox controller.

End of!

Well K&M obviously, but we're talking consoles. And the WiiMote??? Hahahaha, I so wish we could play a round of MW3 controller vs WiiMote. lol lol lol

No backwards compatibility... Confirmed!

Used games blocked... Confirmed! (Although you can pay to have them unlocked!) (http://kotaku.com/the-xbox-is-not-always-online-but-seems-to-block-used-509077987)

Yay! 

Phube stop making things up.

games will be tied to an Xbox Live account, Wired reveals—or else you'd just be able to pass games around to everyone you know. And if you want to link a game to a second account, you'll have to pay a fee:

a disc was used with a second account, that owner would be given the option to pay a fee and install the game from the disc, which would then mean that the new account would also own the game and could play it without the disc.

But what if a second person simply wanted to put the disc in and play the game without installing – and without paying extra? In other words, what happens to our traditional concept of a “used game� This is a question for which Microsoft did not yet have an answer, and is surely something that game buyers (as well as renters and lenders) will want to know.

One thing I did think looked a bit sh1t was the voice commands, they need to implement some sort of lock on it if Kinect is always on it'll be a nightmare, it's impossible to sit and have a conversation with someone whilst playing a Kinect inabled game with Kinect on because it just mistakes what your saying and does random shit, or even worse picks up on noises from your tv and does random shit.

One thing I did think looked a bit sh1t was the voice commands, they need to implement some sort of lock on it if Kinect is always on it'll be a nightmare, it's impossible to sit and have a conversation with someone whilst playing a Kinect inabled game with Kinect on because it just mistakes what your saying and does random shit, or even worse picks up on noises from your tv and does random shit.

I thought it was always online, not always "on".

As in, the Xbox always needs an internet connection?

Havn't really been paying attention.

I thought it was always online, not always "on".

As in, the Xbox always needs an internet connection?

Havn't really been paying attention.

lol It's not always online.

The Kinect is built in and seems to play a big role in the navigation of the console so I was wondering if that's always on whilst the console is on. I'm guessing it wont be, although it did say it learnt your voice so it wouldn't react to the TV having thought about it, however it would still Fck up during normal conversation with someone else on Skype or in person depending on how well they've improved it.

I think I've made my mind up that I'm getting neither of them on release lol.

lol It's not always online.

The Kinect is built in and seems to play a big role in the navigation of the console so I was wondering if that's always on whilst the console is on. I'm guessing it wont be, although it did say it learnt your voice so it wouldn't react to the TV having thought about it, however it would still Fck up during normal conversation with someone else on Skype or in person depending on how well they've improved it.

I think I've made my mind up that I'm getting neither of them on release lol.

Was that just a rumour?

Like i've said, I havn't really been paying attention. Didn't know what the next Call of Duty was till today :P

lol Shock.

Seriously i was giving it some thought because i know a lot of my friends will go xbox, but the focus on kinect is really turning me off to the idea, and im not really fussed about watching tv when im playing something. I said before Microsoft would have to have something special to get me to switch, and from what I've seen that's not gonna happen. As a gamer the features Sony showed have me more interested in the ps4.

I agree with that guy

The name is crap, I knew the 'xbox 720' didnt seem right but by calling this 'One' they are disregarding their previous inovation and achievement in the last two consoles and basicaly saying theyve started again. Plus the fact you will have loads of people and advertisments coming out with shit like 'This is The One', 'Ive finnally found The One' ect ect.

Im seriously considering checking out what The Playstation has to offer, and I could always just tune the hell out of my old PC and be able to do everything on that of course all with my 360 still on the side.

You dun fu**ed up Microsoft

I've had a 360 for 6 years and was considering jumping ship to PS4 before last night, but I'm most definitely sold.

The tech specs are fantastic. The new controller is basically a perfected 360 controller. The console itself looks like a sleek beast and will look good in any room and won't age. The split-screen function is genius and flipping between games, apps and web browser is now instantaneous, so you won't need to be messing around with the home screen or have a phone/laptop to hand for multitasking. The fact that Microsoft studios have promised 15 exclusive games in the first year (8 of which being new IPs) is great news. The massive amount of dedicated servers to improve an already impressive Xbox Live.

Not fussed about backwards compatibility - although I'm sure if it doesn't work with discs, the 360 catalogue will probably be available to play through a cloud-based service. Not fussed about Kinect but the best developers already know most core gamers don't care for it so probably won't implement it for any important aspects of gameplay. Not fussed about the possibility of 2nd hand game charges - support the game developers and buy your games new. Most publishers already charge for online passes for 2nd hand games so Microsoft doing it will make hardly any difference.

Can't wait! Although I think I'll hold off buying one till I've 100% complete GTA V.

Archived