Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MrSpaM

Microsofts next XBOX (Xbox One)

lol nah sorry it was a lot better than Sonys. For one they actually revealed something.

Although still no news on Always online and ironically I couldn't watch it properly for the last 20 minutes as the video keep timing out lol

Come on man get real who's going to buy a console on it's looks? Sony showed actual gameplay not no edited trailer the only bit of actual gameplay footage was when the flood came in on thew new cod and he was being took away by it i'm not saying either of them did great but when the biggest announcement you make is about a tv series and your in the business of gaming it says alot.

Come on man get real who's going to buy a console on it's looks? Sony showed actual gameplay not no edited trailer the only bit of actual gameplay footage was when the flood came in on thew new cod and he was being took away by it i'm not saying either of them did great but when the biggest announcement you make is about a tv series and your in the business of gaming it says alot.

Yeah running on a PC not a Playstation! lol

They claimed the EA sports section was actual gameplay as well although personally I call bullshit.

It was a bit lame but it was better than Sonys which was bordering on the pointless, and not to mention over twice as long with half the content. It was timed better as well with E3 3 weeks away they can get all of this home entertainment bollocks at the way with this announcement. Drop in a few videos announce a few exclusives and say in 3 weeks we've got loads of gameplay for you.

Yeah running on a PC not a Playstation! lol

They claimed the EA sports section was actual gameplay as well although personally I call bullshit.

It was a bit lame but it was better than Sonys which was bordering on the pointless, and not to mention over twice as long with half the content. It was timed better as well with E3 3 weeks away they can get all of this home entertainment bollocks at the way with this announcement. Drop in a few videos announce a few exclusives and say in 3 weeks we've got loads of gameplay for you.

First i've heard of it running on a PC. But yeah the ea section was deffiently bullshit! I don't think timing comes into it microsoft had to do this because like you say they don't wanna be showing this shower of shite at E3 while sony already revealed the features and are focusing on the gaming side of things time will tell i suppose.

More good news from Microsoft!

Here's how the system works: when you buy an Xbox One game, you'll get a unique code that you enter when you install that game. You'll have to connect to the Internet in order to authorize that code, and the code can only be used once. Once you use it, that game will then be linked to your Xbox Live account. "It sits on your harddrive and you have permission to play that game as long as you’d like," Harrison said.

Other users on the console will be able to play that game as well, Harrison said. So you don't need to buy multiple games per family. "With the built-in parental controls of the system it is shared amog the users of the device," he said.

But what if you want to bring a game disc to a friend's house and play there? You'll have to pay a fee—and not just some sort of activation fee, but the actual price of that game—in order to use a game's code on a friend's account. Think of it like a new game, Harrison said.

"The bits that are on that disc, you can give it to your friend and they can install it on an Xbox One," he said. "They would then have to purchase the right to play that game through Xbox Live."

"They would be paying the same price we paid, or less?" we asked.

"Let’s assume it’s a new game, so the answer is yes, it will be the same price," Harrison said.

But that doesn't mean used games are dead. In fact, Harrison told us, you'll be able to sell your Xbox One games online.

"We will have a solution—we’re not talking about it today—for you to be able to trade your previously-played games online," Harrison said.

The Xbox exec wouldn't give further details on how this system will work, but we're assuming that once you're done with a game, you can trade the code online and it will be erased from your machine. But what will you get? Other games? Microsoft Points?

No matter how the final system works, it is not likely to please GameStop, the world's biggest buyer and seller of used video games, but it could be a tantalizing way to share games with your friends in the virtual space.

http://kotaku.com/you-will-be-able-to-trade-xbox-one-games-online-micros-509140825

Basically, anyone on your console can use the game. However you cannot take it over to a friends house and play it there (You know, like a traditional gaming party would). You CAN sell the game back to Microsoft, which will then sell the code to someone else hopefully for a discounted price (yea.. right.. not holding my breath. There's games on On-Demand which are full price still and only $10 in stores)

More good news from Microsoft!

Here's how the system works: when you buy an Xbox One game, you'll get a unique code that you enter when you install that game. You'll have to connect to the Internet in order to authorize that code, and the code can only be used once. Once you use it, that game will then be linked to your Xbox Live account. "It sits on your harddrive and you have permission to play that game as long as you’d like," Harrison said.

Other users on the console will be able to play that game as well, Harrison said. So you don't need to buy multiple games per family. "With the built-in parental controls of the system it is shared amog the users of the device," he said.

But what if you want to bring a game disc to a friend's house and play there? You'll have to pay a fee—and not just some sort of activation fee, but the actual price of that game—in order to use a game's code on a friend's account. Think of it like a new game, Harrison said.

"The bits that are on that disc, you can give it to your friend and they can install it on an Xbox One," he said. "They would then have to purchase the right to play that game through Xbox Live."

"They would be paying the same price we paid, or less?" we asked.

"Let’s assume it’s a new game, so the answer is yes, it will be the same price," Harrison said.

But that doesn't mean used games are dead. In fact, Harrison told us, you'll be able to sell your Xbox One games online.

"We will have a solution—we’re not talking about it today—for you to be able to trade your previously-played games online," Harrison said.

The Xbox exec wouldn't give further details on how this system will work, but we're assuming that once you're done with a game, you can trade the code online and it will be erased from your machine. But what will you get? Other games? Microsoft Points?

No matter how the final system works, it is not likely to please GameStop, the world's biggest buyer and seller of used video games, but it could be a tantalizing way to share games with your friends in the virtual space.

http://kotaku.com/you-will-be-able-to-trade-xbox-one-games-online-micros-509140825

Basically, anyone on your console can use the game. However you cannot take it over to a friends house and play it there (You know, like a traditional gaming party would). You CAN sell the game back to Microsoft, which will then sell the code to someone else hopefully for a discounted price (yea.. right.. not holding my breath. There's games on On-Demand which are full price still and only $10 in stores)

Basically you don't know what's happening yet, as they said above, they aren't talking about it yet.

And Sony haven't said what they're doing RE used games yet either have they? So the above could well be the lesser of two evils, not that what is written is clear at all.

Basically, we still no next to nothing about either console. Stop fan boying on rumours and presumptions, really does spoil your pretend on the fence act. lol

To the people complaining about the design of the new console:

a) That shape can still change a lot until the end of the year

b) Since when are aesthetics so bloody important with video consoles? Just look at the full console history - the majority of machines have been of the ugly kind so far.

And in response to MrSpam: The kotaku link you posted also states that Microsoft itself said that the vice president's explanations could be one of many possible scenarios.

We still have little information (maybe a bit more than with the PS4), so keep your feet on the ground and stop trusting all these sites that only contain rumours or assumptions.

Basically you don't know what's happening yet, as they said above, they aren't talking about it yet.

And Sony haven't said what they're doing RE used games yet either have they? So the above could well be the lesser of two evils, not that what is written is clear at all.

Basically, we still no next to nothing about either console. Stop fan boying on rumours and presumptions, really does spoil your pretend on the fence act. lol

Sony have confirmed they will not be charging a 'fee' to play used games. Can't you just accept the worldwide feedback of this console has been mostly negative, take off the rose tinted glasses mate, this console is everything everybody hoped it wouldn't be.

To the people complaining about the design of the new console:

a) That shape can still change a lot until the end of the year

b) Since when are aesthetics so bloody important with video consoles? Just look at the full console history - the majority of machines have been of the ugly kind so far.

And in response to MrSpam: The kotaku link you posted also states that Microsoft itself said that the vice president's explanations could be one of many possible scenarios.

We still have little information (maybe a bit more than with the PS4), so keep your feet on the ground and stop trusting all these sites that only contain rumours or assumptions.

EA dropped online passes because they knew this was going to happen, Microsoft arn't going to change their minds on this no matter how much you hope they will, it's too late into the consoles development to change things like this now, they would literally lose all support from EA if they did.

I agree with the notion that video consoles should serve the gaming community first and then all others.

I also think that should Microsoft really charge you extra for using used games, they'll be facing a shitstorm of gigantic proportions.

They've already cashed in when the original is bought, so why wanting even more money? They already are one of the richest companies in the world!

Oh, I forgot about greed.

Hopefully, Microsoft will address most of these questions and that we'll find out more by the time E3 comes along.

I have been a really big fan of the gaming experience with the 360 and I do hope Microsoft don't actively work on putting off a large portion of the gaming community.

Sony have confirmed they will not be charging a 'fee' to play used games. Can't you just accept the worldwide feedback of this console has been mostly negative, take off the rose tinted glasses mate, this console is everything everybody hoped it wouldn't be.

Source?

lol I have no rose tinted glasses on they both look dissapointing at the minute hency why I've said at the moment I wont be buying either on launch, I am geniuenly interested in which one will be the best system and tbh I don't think you're gonna find that one out for sure until a good 6 months after both are released. You on the other hand have already pratically parted with £300 for a console you know next to nothing about through nothing but brand loyalty lol

Looks good but I can imagine it being really expensive! I think Playstation has a higher potential but coder's aren't as good at making the games for it because the technology is all new. Xbox / Microsoft uses DirectX etc. which is well known so can be utilised quicker, making the 360 seem better than the PS3.

Plus Sony hasn't invested an awful lot into the PS4 because they're practically broke in comparison to how they used to be and compared to Microsoft

Sony didn't even show a ****ing console! lol

Looks good but I can imagine it being really expensive! I think Playstation has a higher potential but coder's aren't as good at making the games for it because the technology is all new. Xbox / Microsoft uses DirectX etc. which is well known so can be utilised quicker, making the 360 seem better than the PS3.

Days of Sony consoles being difficult to code for are over im afraid, its using practically the same architecture as the xbox one this time, just with better ram.

If that's a real quote... then that's the most depressing thing I've ever read from about gaming! 

Archived