Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MrSpaM

Microsofts next XBOX (Xbox One)

£600? Lets says it is £400 (probably £300-£350 by release date), new controller (£40), 3 games at £40 each, thats £560. Also bear in mind that almost all shops will have bundle deals. You're almost certain to get one game for free, or buy a game with the console and get a controller or game free. £500 will probably be enough.

The PS4 will cost about the same, or if the previous generation is anything to go by - considerably more at launch.

having seen all the news and watched the announcement...I doubt I'll get it; as there's too many negatives I've read to it...eg; needing to go online every 24hrs & sort of blocking used games

also...on the looks/size of the console...i see why they've done it.....release a slim version 9/18months after its released :ph34r:

Im gonna switch over to Sony and keep my 360 with my old games that still have weeks of gameplay left. A gaming PC would probably cost me the best part of a grand.

Dont want Kinect always there, always watching and listening. I dont want to pay full price on every purchase or even borrow. I dont want to have to always be online incase I move or want to play it somewhere else where I cant connect for some time. If it gets hacked where you can get all the games and featured and still be online I would seriously consider it, but right now my mind is made up that I will wait a year or two to see how its all paned out and most definately probably get the PS4 between £200-300.

Playstation have some major advantages cutting out all the 'xbox one' disadvantages. Unlike the previous generation, Sony are making their system easier to develop games on and their RAM and specs look alot better than the 'xbox one' on paper. The only gripe I have with the Sony is the controller, but If I can mod an Xbox pad to work for the Playstation (The buttons are all the same, only the layout is differant) then I will be a happy bunny.

I truely hope the direction Microsoft pointed us all towards falls flat on its face and dies quickly in a puddle, you did so well with the original and the 360.

Also wondering what would happen if you got banned from xbox live as well, at the minute it looks like you'd have to pay full price for all of your games again to play them on your new account.

lol If you get banned from Xbox Live you deserve everything you get!

Whoever said £400, yeah I can see it due to the bells and whistles, I'd imagine the PS4 will be the cheaper of the two.

lol If you get banned from Xbox Live you deserve everything you get!

Whoever said £400, yeah I can see it due to the bells and whistles, I'd imagine the PS4 will be the cheaper of the two.

Well someone I know has basically lost their account after losing the original holding E-mail adress and password which has left them completely unable to reconver their account since their 360 got the RRoD.

On people being banned, Ive played many hours online and have seen numourous cases of people simply running into the wrong Xbox Live warden and having their account banned infefinatly and their payed for Gold membership revoked and void, all for simply messing around with someone on COD, no mods, no cheats.

Well some one I know has basically lost their account after losing the origional linked E-mail adress and password which has left the completely unable to reconver their account since their 360 got the RRoD.

On being people banned, Ive played many hours online and have seen numourous cases of people simply running into the wrong Xbox Live warden and having their account banned infefinatly and their payed for Gold membership revoked and void, all for simply messing around with someone one COD, no mods, no cheats.

Well for one, by lost do you mean his e-mail address vanished or do you mean he forgot it, if it's the latter no sympathy, if it's the former did he try and ring up support to get it sorted? If he did and they didn't sort it then that's quite bad, and Id probably of responded by going out and getting a PS3 had that happend to me, but sounds like a bit of a one off incident.

lol to be honest I can't stand people C*nts online and if they abused the wrong person and got banned I find that funny in all honesty (although I've never herd of that happening to anyone, maybe you know more pricks than me lol)

Well for one, by lost do you mean his e-mail address vanished or do you mean he forgot it, if it's the latter no sympathy, if it's the former did he try and ring up support to get it sorted? If he did and they didn't sort it then that's quite bad, and Id probably of responded by going out and getting a PS3 had that happend to me, but sounds like a bit of a one off incident.

lol to be honest I can't stand people C*nts online and if they abused the wrong person and got banned I find that funny in all honesty (although I've never herd of that happening to anyone, maybe you know more pricks than me lol)

Just from talking to people online mate, there were alot of rogue wardens a few years ago and I never got into any trouble with 'um. I had one person that did get banned and he was a ****, but one of those good kinda pricks that are good to have around on XBL, hit me up  :thumbup:  :P

Nd yeah, my mate had his account for 2/3 years and lost the info for his account. Not that its really such a bad event, just the fact this situation could easily arise again with others in future.

More expensive than £400 are you having a laugh, that's atrocious.

Not really no, In August/September I bought the Xbox Slim because my old Xbox broke that cost me £197.00 in Tesco with Forza 4 and Skyrim. For a new console which is what 10 times more powerful than the current Xbox for £400? Decent.

More good news from Microsoft!

Here's how the system works: when you buy an Xbox One game, you'll get a unique code that you enter when you install that game. You'll have to connect to the Internet in order to authorize that code, and the code can only be used once. Once you use it, that game will then be linked to your Xbox Live account. "It sits on your harddrive and you have permission to play that game as long as you’d like," Harrison said.

Other users on the console will be able to play that game as well, Harrison said. So you don't need to buy multiple games per family. "With the built-in parental controls of the system it is shared amog the users of the device," he said.

But what if you want to bring a game disc to a friend's house and play there? You'll have to pay a fee—and not just some sort of activation fee, but the actual price of that game—in order to use a game's code on a friend's account. Think of it like a new game, Harrison said.

"The bits that are on that disc, you can give it to your friend and they can install it on an Xbox One," he said. "They would then have to purchase the right to play that game through Xbox Live."

"They would be paying the same price we paid, or less?" we asked.

"Let’s assume it’s a new game, so the answer is yes, it will be the same price," Harrison said.

But that doesn't mean used games are dead. In fact, Harrison told us, you'll be able to sell your Xbox One games online.

"We will have a solution—we’re not talking about it today—for you to be able to trade your previously-played games online," Harrison said.

The Xbox exec wouldn't give further details on how this system will work, but we're assuming that once you're done with a game, you can trade the code online and it will be erased from your machine. But what will you get? Other games? Microsoft Points?

No matter how the final system works, it is not likely to please GameStop, the world's biggest buyer and seller of used video games, but it could be a tantalizing way to share games with your friends in the virtual space.

http://kotaku.com/you-will-be-able-to-trade-xbox-one-games-online-micros-509140825

Basically, anyone on your console can use the game. However you cannot take it over to a friends house and play it there (You know, like a traditional gaming party would). You CAN sell the game back to Microsoft, which will then sell the code to someone else hopefully for a discounted price (yea.. right.. not holding my breath. There's games on On-Demand which are full price still and only $10 in stores)

How is that good news? That's a fvcking dreadful idea, pointless 'benefits' and completely kills a lot of the social side of it. So gone are the days you could take FIFA round a mates, how the hell that's good is beyond me.

EDIT; Oh wow. Just figured it was sarcasm.

I don't get this "must connect to the internet at least once a day" thing.

Serious question - what happens if you go on holiday? Do you have to leave your Xbox One on?

I think it means if youre using it in that time.

So you could just turn it all off and when you come back and turn it on it will update/authorise so you can play. 

How is that good news? That's a fvcking dreadful idea, pointless 'benefits' and completely kills a lot of the social side of it. So gone are the days you could take FIFA round a mates, how the hell that's good is beyond me.

EDIT; Oh wow. Just figured it was sarcasm.

Couldn't you just sign into your Xbox Account from your friend's Xbox? Would be a bit of a pain in the arse, but that would probably work, wouldn't it? 

Not something I'll have to worry about anyway, me and my mates are already planning on getting PS4s

Couldn't you just sign into your Xbox Account from your friend's Xbox? Would be a bit of a pain in the arse, but that would probably work, wouldn't it?

Not something I'll have to worry about anyway, me and my mates are already planning on getting PS4s

The game is tied to the console, not the account.

Couldn't you just sign into your Xbox Account from your friend's Xbox? Would be a bit of a pain in the arse, but that would probably work, wouldn't it? 

I still think it's adding unnecessary complication to what was an absolute basic.

In all fairness, it's rare to have a FIFA sesh with mates round someone's house who doesn't actually own the game themselves.

Seems to me like they're trying to half kill the social side of it - but making it all independant. I do like playing people online but can't see why it would be necessary to do this.

Admittedly though I'm a poor example to talk to - I literally only ever play FIFA and occasionally San Andreas on Arcade Mode, so wouldn't particularly benefit from not having to switch discs.

Another issue for me personally is both FIFA and GTA V - I'm now unsure whether to bother with these on the 360 if I'm going to be replacing it with the XB1 a couple of months later - with it not being backwards compatible. Doubt I'd be able to sell them for a decent fee either.

I don't think none of us know how it'll actually work till we get our hands on it for all we know there could be work arounds like how on PSN you used to be able to game share.

from what they have said regards it might be difficult to get around this one...unless someone comes up with a Xbox one code generator or something

Archived