Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MrSpaM

Microsofts next XBOX (Xbox One)

The fact that the PS4 is more powerful could prove to be pretty pointless, as it was with current consoles. Multiplatform games have always been on a par, regardless of the hardware. The PS3 only has a handful of decent PS3 exclusives, the earliest and probably one of the best in MGS4.

Will this change with the PS4?

I bought the PS3 on release and jumped ship to 360 just over a year later. This was a wise move at the time. Looking at how its shaping up now though, I think I'll jump ship back to PS and get the odd title here or there - I don't have the time for it anymore and can't be arsed to get two consoles, no time!

The fact that the PS4 is more powerful could prove to be pretty pointless, as it was with current consoles. Multiplatform games have always been on a par, regardless of the hardware. The PS3 only has a handful of decent PS3 exclusives, the earliest and probably one of the best in MGS4.

Will this change with the PS4?

I bought the PS3 on release and jumped ship to 360 just over a year later. This was a wise move at the time. Looking at how its shaping up now though, I think I'll jump ship back to PS and get the odd title here or there - I don't have the time for it anymore and can't be arsed to get two consoles, no time!

Its not the fact its more powerfull that sets it apart at the moment, its that multiple game developers have come out and praised Sonys console for the ease in which the can develop and code games for the PS4, which was weakened in the last console battle.

I think with it being more powerfull, in the long run Sony will be releasing games in more depth and more powerfull than what Microsolt will be capable to put out there. And the Playstation has an instant advantage of having a more sophisticated GGDR5 RAM setup which will be more dedicated to the game that you are on compaired to the Xbox One constantly using its (in comparison) weak RAM to play games whilst having to run its backround tasks and its Windows operating system

I bought a 360 out of the previous consoles and never bought a PS3. All this console war stuff is bullshit anyway, Im in little doubt this is controlled development that enables all three of the console giants to bleed as much money out of us as possible, you should realise this when you get over the age of 15, bloody fanboys :P

I am not convinced by the Xbox One. Too much emphasis on Skype and Microsoft. I just wanna play my games!!!
Also someone tell me what this thing is about charging fees on 2nd hand games/borrowing off your mate? That is a joke!
I'll be eagerly awaiting the next E3.

Please just start a PS4 bumming thread.

You're doing my head in.

Is there some award for biggest & bestest fanboy that you're after?

Zzzzzzzzzzzz......

Its not called being a fanboy, its called being sensible

Will they have party chat on the PS4 like on the Xbox 360? That is something play station really needs

No-one knows yet

I see no reason why they wouldnt

The deal maker for me is going to be if youre allowed pre-owned games, If Sony does that theres no looking back for me.

The games that are being showcased for this next-gen dont really look all that differant to what we have now, but two or three years down the line I can see some spectacular games being out there

Will they have party chat on the PS4 like on the Xbox 360? That is something play station really needs

I think they will be doing a similar system to xbox live, simply because they went on about the sharing button and sharing abilities of game videos, plus your friends can join you in a game and take over so to speak so yes they will have a major upgrade on this part which will only put them another level ahead.

Also a Gamespot insider has said the prices will not be higher than the previous launch of the consoles so expect a similar pricing system which will be pretty neat for the PS4 as its better than the majority of high end pc gaming systems.

I am not impressed at all, the Internet connection and secondhand games situation is just terrible. I love my 360 but I don't think I can be a supporter of MS with those principals... a Wii U and PS4 may be my purchase next gen.

Sony don't even need to advertise at this stage, Microsoft are doing a pretty good job of getting people to switch to the PS4

O RLY? 

Then what is this then...? (In yesterdays' Metro - FULL PAGE AD!)

136939433329.jpg

No it's definitely called being a fanboy.

I think it's pretty clear which console looks better for gaming atm. I've only got an Xbox 360 currently, but if I had to choose right now, I'd definitely go for the PS4, or a gaming pc. After watching that XBox One launch, there's no way I'm paying for that. Does that make me an Xbox fanboy, or a PS fanboy?

I laughed like a nutter at the vhs xbox pic. BG and MS can swivvle. It's a well known fact that they are twats.

I like the little speaker on the PS4 controller for the 'bullets zipping past you' sound. Snazzy little feature - even though I use headphones. Hope the little wiggle sticks are a bit stiffer than the PS3 ones though. PS3 ones are so loose I had to buy a sturdier cheaper controller which takes some hammer no problem.

I'd get off your high horse because your consoles already flopped in the entire western world.

Just like the 3DS flopped in its first year. Seems to be Nintendo's new strategy, soft launch for a year than bring out the big guns, whilst the others concentrate on trying desperately not to play games!

I laughed like a nutter at the vhs xbox pic. BG and MS can swivvle. It's a well known fact that they are twats.

I like the little speaker on the PS4 controller for the 'bullets zipping past you' sound. Snazzy little feature - even though I use headphones. Hope the little wiggle sticks are a bit stiffer than the PS3 ones though. PS3 ones are so loose I had to buy a sturdier cheaper controller which takes some hammer no problem.

Wow... a speaker in a controller... who could have thought of that!? :whistle:

After reflecting and watching the reveal again it was a pretty epic fail.

The TV thing that they spent over 25minutes talking about will only be available in the US for the first 5-6months, I also bet no one here is interested in NFL to a point where they would do the fantasy league thing another 10minutes out the windows, then you had the Halo TV series really? who gives a monkeys 10minutes... then 2 multi-plat games, if they don't do something drastic at E3 then Microsoft will lose a lot of customers this year one of which is me.

After reflecting and watching the reveal again it was a pretty epic fail.

The TV thing that they spent over 25minutes talking about will only be available in the US for the first 5-6months, I also bet no one here is interested in NFL to a point where they would do the fantasy league thing another 10minutes out the windows, then you had the Halo TV series really? who gives a monkeys 10minutes... then 2 multi-plat games, if they don't do something drastic at E3 then Microsoft will lose a lot of customers this year one of which is me.

Good point.

No-one outside the US benefits from a lot of what they spent so long talking about in the reveal. I can't even see Americans really wanting voice recognition instead of a remote control for their TV. Since when has pressing buttons become the arduous task MS are making it out to be? Why is flapping both arms around and yelling at the screen better than just moving one of your fingers? This is pure gimmickry that will grow tiresome after a matter of minutes.

It was like watching MS tie its own noose.

There's so much useless crap in the XBox One (voice recognition, Kinect 2, memory sapping background apps, communication with TV, etc.) that must have cost a lot to research and develop. Why couldn't that money, or R+D, have gone into something more useful? Like more powerful graphics or sound?

The fees to play used games idea is braindead, even before you realise that this will mean the end of even borrowing, lending or swapping games. I'm not sure if Sony is planning on doing something similar, but if they're not, then they should win this battle by some distance. Maybe MS think they can make more money if they force people to shell out more cash for a brand new game instead of buying a used copy. Maybe those people wouldn't buy the game in the first place if they had to pay full whack. Did you think of that MS? Maybe if you treat your customers like scum, they won't be your customers anymore.

Then there's MS's anti-indie developers stance. Fvcking stupid.

Looks like Sony have spent their resources on a pure gaming machine, while MS have gone for a diluted all-in-one Jack-of-all-Trades Master-of-None box.

This video summed it up pretty well...

Bet you were banking on at least one person mumering a chuckle at that, possible even a rep point.

Unlucky.

Just getting back to this comment a 10 yr old child would make, I can see what you tried to do... so heres what happened, you clearly didn't like what I

said in the twitter links thread but as I backed up my point there wasn't much you could say... so you decided to come in here and troll me lol.

No im not physic and you didn't even have to make a comment in that thread it's just blatantly obvious.

Unlucky.

Archived