Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MrSpaM

Microsofts next XBOX (Xbox One)

I like the Xbox but I'm pretty indifferent. If all of my friends got the Playstation I'd switch without a second's thought. I used to have PS3 but all friends had 360 so I switched.

Just getting back to this comment a 10 yr old child would make, I can see what you tried to do... so heres what happened, you clearly didn't like what I

said in the twitter links thread but as I backed up my point there wasn't much you could say... so you decided to come in here and troll me lol.

No im not physic and you didn't even have to make a comment in that thread it's just blatantly obvious.

Unlucky.

lol I don't even remember the twitter links thread I think you're giving yourself a bit too much credit.

Your post just wasn't funny.

lol ok troll.

Not really a troll is someone who tries to wind someone else be being obsurd, your post wasn't funny, I have pointed this out, this is a fact not trolling, judgeing by the reaction to it seems others agree as well so think what you want. It also appears I've not even posted in the Twitter links topic so I dunno what your on about with that one either.  

Not really a troll is someone who tries to wind someone else be being obsurd, your post wasn't funny, I have pointed this out, this is a fact not trolling, judgeing by the reaction to it seems others agree as well so think what you want. It also appears I've not even posted in the Twitter links topic so I dunno what your on about with that one either.  

OK whatever troll, back to the topic .

I wonder if Fable will be released on the day of launch always liked the first one will be good to see what they have lined up although im still swaying towards the PS4... Prices rumored that the xbox one could be around the £300 mark so I may purchase both machines.

Upon a few days of reflection, I seriously do hope Microsoft will reconsider some of the "features" of the XBOX One.

I'm not interested in constant (or almost constant) connection to the web - although my current XBOX 360 is always hooked up to my router, but of course, only "on" when I play.

The whole control aspect is much more irritating and somewhat frightening. I do not need Microsoft to observe me via Kinect. I also find the inclusion of Kinect a daft decision. At least give people the choice to buy it seperately if interested.

The new controller looks ace, but judging from some online comments, it is designed to recognize its player, just like the new Kinect would be able to detect whom is playing a game, whom is sitting in front of the TV, how long they're watching a series, what their reactions are, etc.

Data privacy experts are warning against revealing all personal data to Microsoft. The danger of being exposed or hacked is omnipresent - and you can't even tell what Microsoft are doing with all that personal information themselves.

I do not like the tendency of a "complete control" or enhanced control of the user via Microsoft. It's a world Huxley and Orwell have warned us of early enough.

I'm disappointed that Microsoft are taking steps away from a more or less pure gaming experience to home entertainment, when many of the online services offered by the new consoles aren't even (legally) available in many parts of Europe as of yet.

Upon a few days of reflection, I seriously do hope Microsoft will reconsider some of the "features" of the XBOX One.

I'm not interested in constant (or almost constant) connection to the web - although my current XBOX 360 is always hooked up to my router, but of course, only "on" when I play.

The whole control aspect is much more irritating and somewhat frightening. I do not need Microsoft to observe me via Kinect. I also find the inclusion of Kinect a daft decision. At least give people the choice to buy it seperately if interested.

The new controller looks ace, but judging from some online comments, it is designed to recognize its player, just like the new Kinect would be able to detect whom is playing a game, whom is sitting in front of the TV, how long they're watching a series, what their reactions are, etc.

Data privacy experts are warning against revealing all personal data to Microsoft. The danger of being exposed or hacked is omnipresent - and you can't even tell what Microsoft are doing with all that personal information themselves.

I do not like the tendency of a "complete control" or enhanced control of the user via Microsoft. It's a world Huxley and Orwell have warned us of early enough.

I'm disappointed that Microsoft are taking steps away from a more or less pure gaming experience to home entertainment, when many of the online services offered by the new consoles aren't even (legally) available in many parts of Europe as of yet.

I'm going to just have to throw a cover over the kinect unless they can detect the amount of light coming through and just shut the console off if not enough... can't mute the sound however

I'm going to just have to throw a cover over the kinect unless they can detect the amount of light coming through and just shut the console off if not enough... can't mute the sound however

I read something along the lines that the infrared sensor is still able to detect movement through cloth or similar covers.

Another feature confirmed for the PS4 is the live party chat surely all these features will blow the xbox one out the water.

Cross game chat has long been something PlayStation 3 users have wanted to have on the system, which would allow players to talk to each other even if they were playing different games on the console. Microsoft’s Xbox 360 has always had this feature on its own console, but Sony never managed it due to hardware issues.

However, a recent press release by Sony has confirmed the existence of the much wanted feature on the PlayStation 4. “Through PS4 users are able to deepen their connections through co-op play or ‘cross game chat’,†it says.

This isn’t really a surprising reveal, with features such as being able to spectate other player’s games and even take control should a friend request it already confirmed for the console, but it is nice that we have confirmation of the existence of the feature.

We may not know what the console looks like, the exact release date or a price point but the PS4 is shaping up to be an interesting console.

Blimey well I will just have to point it at the wall lol

Then it'd 'know' and not let you play because it can't see you with the controller... "shearfox... what are you doing shearfox... I can't allow you to do that shearfox..."

One more thing, but I really don't see the point of 'cross party chat'? Why would you want to talk to someone else whilst you're playing a different game? (Even chatting during gaming is kinda odd to me though, so maybe I'm just weird!?)

Then it'd 'know' and not let you play because it can't see you with the controller... "shearfox... what are you doing shearfox... I can't allow you to do that shearfox..."

One more thing, but I really don't see the point of 'cross party chat'? Why would you want to talk to someone else whilst you're playing a different game? (Even chatting during gaming is kinda odd to me though, so maybe I'm just weird!?)

Haha!

I think you're probably closer to the truth than you think, though. Kinect will need to be connected for the console to work, so I'm fairly sure it will have to be able to detect your movement for the console to work, otherwise, I can't see why they would say Kinect has to be connected. I don't think you'll be able to get around this by turning it away from you or tricking it.

It is a bit scary how badly MS are treating the customer. Forcing you to let them actually watch you, and forcing you to let your machine report back to them every single day, making you pay twice for a used game, keeping fees for XBox Live again and not letting you play indie games. Let me know if I've forgotten anything.

It's a bit sinister, really.

Well if there is a few of you and your playing shooters or tactical games then it kind of gives you an advantage or if your playing your mate on Fifa you can give him some banter when you score, just adds to the fun I think.

Well if there is a few of you and your playing shooters or tactical games then it kind of gives you an advantage or if your playing your mate on Fifa you can give him some banter when you score, just adds to the fun I think.

That I can understand (but as I don't play on-line shooters or sports is why I'm not too fussed). But cross gaming chat seems odd; like stating a game than phoning your mate to have a chat... why?

That I can understand (but as I don't play on-line shooters or sports is why I'm not too fussed). But cross gaming chat seems odd; like stating a game than phoning your mate to have a chat... why?

Of course I agree if the game your playing is not related to the person you are talking to then its pretty pointless, but if your online playing your mates on the same game I think it adds something to it.

Of course I agree if the game your playing is not related to the person you are talking to then its pretty pointless, but if your online playing your mates on the same game I think it adds something to it.

But that's what some people seem to be desperate for?

Everyone is moaning about the Kinect stuff but that aside what does the PS4 actually have that the Xbox One doesn't? It sounds a bit like the Playstation 4 is getting an easy ride here just because Xbox have added a few things that people don't like.

Everyone is moaning about the Kinect stuff but that aside what does the PS4 actually have that the Xbox One doesn't? It sounds a bit like the Playstation 4 is getting an easy ride here just because Xbox have added a few things that people don't like.

Much better specs.

Archived