Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Leicester 1-2 Watford Post Match

Seriously??

Barcelona managed only 1 shot in 90 minutes in their 'biggest' game for three years, and they lost 4-0.

Must be a problem with their attitudes.

Can our fans just admit than sometimes the opposition is better than yourself??

Every team loses games, there is not a team in football which has never lost a game, the season was not lost tonight.

I am not saying in one game like you are implying, have Barcelona won 2 games in 16 matches? NO.... I am saying over the course of our dreadful run, our players have got to take the blame and alot of them seem to not have the right attitude/mental frame to have put us back on track and cemented that playoff place

Outclassed.

Even if we had got in the play offs we would have probably had to beat Watford over two legs, which would have been very tough.

I said before the game that 442 was risky against Watford and I was right to worry. We lacked fluidity and created very little. With the amount of money spent and a fully fit squad, I expect better than mainly lumping it to Wood for him to lose it. We only stayed in the game due to pure determination and desire, but that's not enough.

You can say that about a numerous player's tonight! all im saying is konchesky was one the better player's tried to get forward and make thing's happen, which is a lot more than can be said for other's! just out of curiousity to clarify if were on the same page....? do you think de laet was flaming crap aswell?

Yep defence was shocking tonight, amount of times Watford players got in behind De Laet and Konchesky was a joke.

Keane did well in the air, but apart from that looked shaky, Wes performed bad at times as well.

Our season was encapsulated in the first half for me; pretty much on top for large spells, before being dealt with a sucker punch towards the end. Fantastic finish from Chalobah by the way, not seen a ball hit that hard for a while! At the end of the day however, if by some miracle we were to actually make the play offs, we have shown tonight that despite the effort that is put in, we will fall short against a much better side in Watford. Another season in the championship is not anyone's ideal scenario, but what worries me more are the finances. I'd happily watch us play another 5 seasons in the championship than be in a position such as Portsmouth. This fair play league could have a horrendous affect on us.

Outclassed.

Even if we had got in the play offs we would have probably had to beat Watford over two legs, which would have been very tough.

I said before the game that 442 was risky against Watford and I was right to worry. We lacked fluidity and created very little. With the amount of money spent and a fully fit squad, I expect better than mainly lumping it to Wood for him to lose it. We only stayed in the game due to pure determination and desire, but that's not enough.

To be fair...their squad is probably more valuable than ours.

Don't get me wrong, de laet, big wes, james, wood etc have all been, and will be good value for money.

But with the form of deeney you are looking a £2 - £3 million quid, with Vydra considering his age, record and obvious class £4 million plus.

A young player like Hogg £1 million, Chalobah(?) considering he is english and only 18 £4 - £5 million quid.

Yep defence was shocking tonight, amount of times Watford players got in behind De Laet and Konchesky was a joke.

Keane did well in the air, but apart from that looked shaky, Wes performed bad at times as well.

you cannot blame the defence for the opposition getting behind them.

De laet and konch were often left 2v1, and as a defender you can do nothing.

Dyer didn't track back at all in the first half, anya gave him the run around, maybe NP told dyer to stay further up to try and keep anya back. In fact, even knocky on the opposite flank got back more.

Hey Fellas and Frauleins, this is my first post but I've lurked for years.

I really enjoyed the game despite the loss, lots of attacking and the atmosphere was good I thought but its season over for me.

not sure what to do with Nige though, I like the cut of his jib and I like the cut of his hair but we'll probably finish roughly the same place as last season so its understandable if he's sacked.

Would like to thank the football league for supplying us with yet another terrible knowitall ref. Abysmal.

really?

Thought he gave us a couple of decisions in the first half which were clearly due to the impact of the fans, you could tell this by his 2-3 second delay in giving the free kick.

Maybe you are referring to the foul on wood? Which could have been a pen, but vydra could quite easily have had one in the first half, as although he stayed on his feet, he was put off balance.

really?

Thought he gave us a couple of decisions in the first half which were clearly due to the impact of the fans, you could tell this by his 2-3 second delay in giving the free kick.

Maybe you are referring to the foul on wood? Which could have been a pen, but vydra could quite easily have had one in the first half, as although he stayed on his feet, he was put off balance.

He was put off balance but they had a fantastic one or two chances to score after that.

Well, that's it then.

I knew Pearson was not the man for the job, and sadly I was proved right. Now he can sod off and ruin another club.

:pearson: = :facepalm:

:facepalm:

Cos he ruined Leicester, Hull and Southampton and didn't rescue the three from dire situations...

Outclassed.

it was very even in the first 40 minutes or so until watford scored. they then had a very good/lucky goal and it ended up being 2-1. we should've got at least a point against a tin pot club like them tbh. them getting the double over us is unforgivable

it was very even in the first 40 minutes or so until watford scored. they then had a very good/lucky goal and it ended up being 2-1. we should've got at least a point against a tin pot club like them tbh. them getting the double over us is unforgivable

For all the possession we had, how many saves did their keeper have to make? Watford always had an element of control, looked dangerous on the counter and created chances - that's what Ricey's getting at.

We were beaten by what was by far an away, the better side. Things could've been so different though if we didn't allot the ball to bounce TWICE in our six yard box in the build up to their first goal, the same fecking thing happened against Bolton and it seems they didn't pick up on that. However, the season was not lost tonight. Think of the 2 points that we could quite easily have picked up vs Brighton, Birmingham and Palace, and that's just recently. Then you have to think about some of the games that we lost like bloody Charlton, Sheffield Wednesday and Millwall. They're all games we should certainly be winning at home given the squad that we have and our supposed ambitions. The most frustrating thing about tonight is that Watford showed me just how poor those other sides that we lost to were and what a missed opportunity it was. We should've been the better side in those games and we should've been mentally strong enough to get more out of them. That is where it's all gone wrong this season. I wouldn't be that bothered about staying in the Championship but it's the manner in which we've f**ked up that's left me frankly gutted. I always honestly believe that we would be capable of giving it a real go in the Premier League and taking the game to other teams and going for it. Some people from this area think that's ridiculous and would just consider Leicester to be pushovers if we went up. When we have a performance like that for what was, in context, a bloody huge game, it leaves me very disappointed and wondering whether they're correct.

I also want to say that for the team that they have and the performance that they put in tonight, the Watford fans were sh*t!

I'm just in a rubbish mood and still upset. Hoping we don't make too many pointless changes to the club over the coming months.

I'm pretty sure that's it for Pearson to be honest. We were capable of play offs or indeed automatic, but something clearly went badly wrong post January. Whatever happened has cost us and I think it rests at Pearson's door.

I think Kasper will go in the summer. I think Pearson is gone too.

Miracles happen rarely in football and so another season of championship football beckons.

Unfortunately a new manager will mean more rebuilding, again and more tough times.

Will MON return? Unlikely I think now.

I'm afraid it will just be back to the circus. Another ring master trying to build a team from clowns.

I think Watford are the best side we've played at home all season. How Cardiff and Dull are where they are baffles me. Watford were far better than them on a footballing level. In fact, this style of play is exactly what I've been banging on about all season because I can see it working in the premier.

Pearson just didnt have an answer. He was shown for what he is - limited, tactically clueless and totally out of his depth against a team and a manager that were way, way ahead in comparison to us.

There were staunch people on here calling for Hollowhead to stay when we went down, that was never happening, Pearson staying beyond the next game is just as likely imo.

Taxi!

No it is retarded, because it was a retarded statement. You said nothing about 4th attempt or anything like that, you just made a stupid, moronic point.

Can you stop throwing out 'retarded' as a casual adjective, makes me wonder about what you were taught at school...

Anyway, beaten by the better team, who, if they had started the season with such a good team, would be my favourites for the title.

Look at Cardiff, and look at QPR (granted they're coming back down) they took a few years to build and then went up, alright we're taking far too long but it will all come good eventually. I'm gutted about last night though!

Leicester fans who were there last night you are a credit to our club our atmosphere was brilliant probably the best I've seen it at the King Power. I couldn't hear the 1,000 or so Watford fans between us and L, shockingly piss poor support from them by the way.

Archived