Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnaldo

Game ideas?

Most of the gaming element of this section tends to go towards games announced, but how about games you want?

What games, if you we're a game developer, would you like to release? A remake of a game? An entirely new franchise? What would be the story of the game?

Personally, I'd like to see a new remake of Wolfenstein (to make up for the crappy 2009 one).

What if Hitler never did die in his bunker in Berlin, and rather used his secret new shuttle to escape to a space installation that has been developed before the war.

Skip to the modern day, where Agent Blazkowicz (first name customisable), a descendant of the original protagonist and an FBI agent, is sent to Yellowstone National Park, where a mysterious craft has crashed. Sure enough, it's a Nazi scout craft, and a shot out occurs between the FBI agents and their Nazi counterparts. Soon after the battle, Blazkowicz, who is the sole survivor of the skirmish, reports in, and is sent to investigate the new threat, and put an end to the Fourth Reich.

It would be a first person sci fi with a sort of modern steam punk element, with most of their weapons laser based but also similar in appearance to 1940's German Weapons, with Nazi troops being genetically engineered cyborgs. Lots of fighting, lots of weapons and lots of explosions. An interactive ending, depending on the choices made throughout the game and also plenty of humour.

Some gaming hopes/ideas:

Mighty Boosh Kart - mighty Boosh a la mario kart. Vince, Howard, Bob Fossil et all race around the Boosh universe on such tracks as the Arctic Tundra, Black Lake, Charlie world and many more. I mean, who wouldn't want to see Tony Harrison boosting past with his wheel under his chin "this is an outrage!"

Resident Evil goes back to being survival horror rather than a crappy 3rd person action game.

Nintendo stops making hardware and just concentrates on great games. Mario or Zelda on PS4 or XBOX 720!

EA, Activision stop churning out franchise games every 12 months. Every edition of COD, Battlefieldi is hardly different than the last. Games have got like films. Companies don't care about innovation or what makes a great game, all they are bothered about is churning out games that the teen demographic lap up year in year out. The last game that I consider truly unique was Dark Souls.

PSN Network / XBOX marketplace are the same price as retailers. Why are games £59.99 on the PSN store when I can get it in Tesco for £33.99? It's ridiculous, especially when you consider that you don't physically get anything. A hard copy can be resold (I'm not getting on to the whole secondhand market/online pass bullshit)

Some gaming hopes/ideas:

Mighty Boosh Kart - mighty Boosh a la mario kart. Vince, Howard, Bob Fossil et all race around the Boosh universe on such tracks as the Arctic Tundra, Black Lake, Charlie world and many more. I mean, who wouldn't want to see Tony Harrison boosting past with his wheel under his chin "this is an outrage!"

Resident Evil goes back to being survival horror rather than a crappy 3rd person action game.

Nintendo stops making hardware and just concentrates on great games. Mario or Zelda on PS4 or XBOX 720!

EA, Activision stop churning out franchise games every 12 months. Every edition of COD, Battlefield is hardly different than the last. Games have got like films. Companies don't care about innovation or what makes a great game, all they are bothered about is churning out games that the teen demographic lap up year in year out. The last game that I consider truly unique was Dark Souls.

PSN Network / XBOX marketplace are the same price as retailers. Why are games £59.99 on the PSN store when I can get it in Tesco for £33.99? It's ridiculous, especially when you consider that you don't physically get anything. A hard copy can be resold (I'm not getting on to the whole secondhand market/online pass bullshit)

No Battlefield games have really come close to being the same. Granted BF3-BF4 might be the transition that ends up being the most similar but it's not out for another 6 months.

Also I agree about innovation but sadly it doesn't bring in $$$$ like the popular franchises do.

A Football Chairman game. I could have a lot of fun with a game like that.

Step One: Purchase Millwall.

Step Two: Hire Sousa to destroy the squad.

Step Three: Force him to buy players like Beckford and pay them ridiculous amounts of money.

Step Four: Laugh because it's funny when it's not happening to you.

I would genuinely like a good Football Chairman game that would basically allow you to deal with the behind scenes aspects that are touched on in Football Manager, hire and fire managers, deal with mental fans etc.

A game in which you get to play a serial killer, preferably based in the past, is always something that's appealed to me as well. Is that weird?

To be fair a lot of the games I'd like to play probably exist, I'm just not very good at finding them.

Remember playing a game called Star Wars: Bounty Hunter when I was younger on the ps2, so a remake of that!

Also another mirror's edge game/style of game. Although it polarised opinion its an interesting niche and I really enjoyed it.

Sure I read somewhere that it was basically a finished game before being cancelled at the final hour. Gutting as battlefront:2 was my childhood!

Edit: There's hope yet!

I'd love to see Disney (or whoever owns the rights now) to let Dice have a go at it using the BF3 engine (obviously without any EA interference :P )

Step Three: Force him to buy players like Beckford and pay them ridiculous amounts of money.

I would genuinely like a good Football Chairman game that would basically allow you to deal with the behind scenes aspects that are touched on in Football Manager, hire and fire managers, deal with mental fans etc.

A game in which you get to play a serial killer, preferably based in the past, is always something that's appealed to me as well. Is that weird?

To be fair a lot of the games I'd like to play probably exist, I'm just not very good at finding them.

Well nobody **** him off then !

Definately agree with chairmen game think that would be pretty decent

Pirate game, MMO with decent graphics where you level up and can ultimately become an admiral or captain of a pirate, privateer, merchant or of a naval fleet. Can choose to mutiny with the other players on your ship, although doing so reduces how trustworthy others see you when hiring their crew. When you die all skills go back to level 1.

Football Chairman.

An in-depth game as chairman would be amazing. Basically FM with another role.

I thought someone would beat me to it.

Always been an idea of mine. I've tempted doing a game before where I take over Forest, give every single player including youth players a "match highest earner" clause and then sign some shit free agent, giving them a good £20k a week, sitting back and watching them absolutely crumble. lol

• 3 weeks later...

Pirate game, MMO with decent graphics where you level up and can ultimately become an admiral or captain of a pirate, privateer, merchant or of a naval fleet. Can choose to mutiny with the other players on your ship, although doing so reduces how trustworthy others see you when hiring their crew. When you die all skills go back to level 1.

that would be cool :)

and u could also go in the navy hunting the pirates instead and u got to travel to different islands and improve your ship and stuff.

that'd be great :D

that would be cool :)

and u could also go in the navy hunting the pirates instead and u got to travel to different islands and improve your ship and stuff.

that'd be great :D

You've got a bit of 'Fable' or 'Jedi Knights' potential in there start of as a humble cabin boy and follow the dark path and become a ruthless pirate, or the path of truth and justice and become a captain of the high seas for the British naval fleet hunting out pirates.

Was actually thinking of this yesterday

This might be a game that could work in the future, I doubt modern consoles could deal with this, and the developers would have to put in serious effort and time. 

A game where you are born as one of any of a large number of animals, you could be a Lion cub out in the wilderness learning how to hunt and get along in the pride. If you die in the game you die and you are reborn as a differant creature (maybe include a karma aspect here) and then youre off learning how to use tools in the jungle whilst flinging sh1t at passers by. Call it something like 'Life', 'Wild' or 'Evolution'. Make it incredibly in depth, milllions of possibilites.

Archived