Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ADK

Championship 2013/2014 Stuff it in here.

Well that has taken the shine off the weekends football and has put the pressure on us a bit now. Burnley only 2 wins behind and we have to play them at Turf Moor.

Burnley will not stop us from getting promoted. The only thing they can really do is beat us to the title, and while I am the first to want to win the title promotion is the ultimate aim. We win on Tuesday we are 8 points ahead of them with 12 games left. We would also be at least 13 points ahead of 3rd with a game in hand on Derby. That means they would have to gain just over 1 point per game on us. If we beat Barnsley, we then have blackpool followed by yeovil at home. I'd be very disappointed if we didn't brush them both aside, not that it might be tough but we are far too good to not take all 9 points in the next 3 games. That would mean we are still 13 points ahead of 3rd with 10 to play. That increases Derby's need to take 1.5 pts per game more than us.

If we don't get promoted we have no one else to blame but ourselves

Fair play to Burnley they did a job today! Personally feel that Burnley winning is not a bad result for us as the gap widening to 3rd/4th will create further pressure on those chasing. Do a job on Barnsley tuesday night, as I expect us to, then all in all this will be viewed as a cracking weekend. COYB

I know we've got a game in hand, but looking at the gap of 5 points is scary. Could so easily turn yet, especially with us having to go to Turf Moor.

Luckily that's the gap to second, though. 

Like I said in a different thread it would be a shame if we don't win the league because we're comfortably the best team in it and have been dominant all year, but that's all it will be, a shame, as long as we get second. 

Luckily that's the gap to second, though. 

Like I said in a different thread it would be a shame if we don't win the league because we're comfortably the best team in it and have been dominant all year, but that's all it will be, a shame, as long as we get second. 

Twitchy arse syndrome? I know whose position I would rather be in!

Twitchy arse syndrome? I know whose position I would rather be in!

Nope, I fully expect us to still win the league with relative ease from this position. Merely stating that if we start slipping up a bit and Burnley storm on and do look like challenging us, in the scheme of things it's 2 into 2 so it wouldn't be too drastic. 

Nope, I fully expect us to still win the league with relative ease from this position. Merely stating that if we start slipping up a bit and Burnley storm on and do look like challenging us, in the scheme of things it's 2 into 2 so it wouldn't be too drastic. 

That's more like it! lol

Guest ttfn

never paid much attention to it before but ings has a very square, punchable face doesn't he

I can't believe he's only 21 he looks about 30

Guest ttfn

Having done the hard work of Derby and Forest at home and Blackburn away, Burnley's next four games before us look great on paper:

Birmingham (A)

Leeds (H)

Charlton (A)

Doncaster (H)

Then again I don't suppose Barnsley, Blackpool, Blackburn and Yeovil looks too bad on paper either.

By 29 March, with us having played 37 and them 38 we could (and perhaps should) be into the 80s

Well that has taken the shine off the weekends football and has put the pressure on us a bit now. Burnley only 2 wins behind and we have to play them at Turf Moor.

Not really, the gap to third is the most important at this stage and that hasn't changed.

Not really, the gap to third is the most important at this stage and that hasn't changed.

I want us to win the league! Who wants the silver medal?

Having only really being old enough to be a proper fan from about 2002, I've never seen us win anything (apart from the mickey mouse league 1). 

I want us to win the league! Who wants the silver medal?

Having only really being old enough to be a proper fan from about 2002, I've never seen us win anything (apart from the mickey mouse league 1). 

He's saying the most important thing is promotion. And it is. If someone said to you now you can have promotion in 2nd place or no promotion at all you'd take it right?

Archived