Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ADK

Championship 2013/2014 Stuff it in here.

Guest Col city fan

That he keeps ruining football clubs and should be in jail for stealing off the public of this country.

Elaborate?

But there was that one time he took over Spurs when they were struggling, but he never mentioned how many points they had after how many games so it is difficult to judge how he got on there.

Guest Col city fan

I don't need too, come on, you follow football and read the news.

No I'm interested.. why do you think he should "be in jail"?

Guest MattP

Sven, I apologise for calling you the biggest hypnotist in football. That is quite clearly Harry Redknapp.

lol

There was a bit on Sven in the telegraph a few weeks ago, second biggest budget in China now and has managed to drag his team to mid table while the city rivals under Lippi romped the league.

Guest MattP

No I'm interested.. why do you think he should "be in jail"?

Because I didn't buy the story about him not knowing about his dogs bank account, that he couldn't use a phone and didn't know what a bookies was.

The trial being in London saved his ass.

If you believed him fair play, I didn't.

A lot can be said rightly or wrongly about the way Blackpool FC run their club but the one thing I do like is the mainly weekly update of the goings on behind the scenes at the club by their club secretary. 

Monday 10 March

"Having completed the usual Monday morning formalities, I head to Preston and the Football League offices for the first meeting of the fixtures working party. The working party consists of representatives from The Premier League, The Football League, The FA, The Football Supporters Federation and includes representatives from Manchester City, Southampton, Reading, Tranmere, York City and me.

A draft schedule of dates is circulated - this schedule tries to plot all of the fixtures for all competitions for next season, having taken into account the international fixtures and restrictions the FA and Premier League face, particularly at this time of year in respect of commitments to UEFA. It is against UEFA's regulations for the Premier League or the FA Cup to have fixtures on the same night as Champions League or Europa League fixtures and whilst the Football League can schedule fixtures they have to give a guarantee to UEFA that their fixtures will not be televised.

We discuss the scheduling of a full Championship fixture list on FA Cup Round 4 day - this season the league scheduled games and only lost half of their fixtures. Another topic of conversation is whether the working party should concentrate on maximising Saturday attendances which leads to some of the longer trips taking place midweek. We also discuss the Christmas schedules which traditionally are well supported fixtures.

I return to the office to an e-mail from our preferred hotel in Leicester informing us that they can no longer accommodate us due to Leicester City making a booking for the remainder of the season and next season for their players to stay overnight before home games. Under our agreement they have found us alternative accommodation at the same level of hotel and confirm that rather than twin rooms they have secured single rooms for our players.

I speak with Fergie who tells me he has no issues with the change and that the players would be delighted to have their own room again. The meeting finishes mid-afternoon and I head back to Bloomfield Road to resume preparations for Tuesday's game with Millwall."

Tuesday 11 March

"With no Premier League fixtures taking place tonight, we receive an unusually high level of scout ticket requests from top flight clubs, only Newcastle and Manchester City are not represented at the game.

Alongside the preparations for the game are a series of e-mail exchanges from my colleagues on the fixtures working party surrounding the schedule for the Christmas period and the date of the third round of the FA Cup.

Prior to the game Ian Holloway pops his head round my door for a chat. I could fill pages of stories about Ollie's time at the Pool, and I do hope he keeps Millwall in the division as long as it is not at our expense.

Like everyone else I am relieved and delighted at full time as we secure our first win since before Christmas. Having supervised the various media commitments and submitted the post match reports, I head home."

Wednesday 12 March

"As the players are off today and following a late finish last night, I take the day off and just respond to any urgent e-mails or calls from home."

Thursday 13 March

"Catching up on Wednesday's e-mails, I read one from Oklahoma City Energy FC who had asked for written confirmation of the date Adda Djeziri's contract had expired.

Another is to confirm the date with Blackpool and Fylde College for the final of our Masterchef competition.

The various media representatives arrive at Bloomfield Road for a look ahead to Saturday's game at the King Power Stadium. Fergie tells the press that the team must not turn up at Leicester scared, and comments that the confidence levels of the team are not where they need to be. He acknowledges that it's his job to remedy that and wants the players to thrive on the pressure to avoid the drop rather than let it unnerve them, and use it to kick on following Tuesday's result."

Friday 14 March

"Friday is about ensuring everything is in place for the trip to Leicester. First job is to speak to the coach company and confirm that everything is OK as per submitted plans. I liaise with the kit man 'Walesy' and with Phil Horner to sort the various catering needs for before and after the game. I contact the hotel to confirm arrival time, check-in arrangements and rooming lists, as well as meal times and confirm late check-out.

Another job is to speak to my counterpart at Leicester to confirm ticket arrangements for Owen Oyston and his guests who intend to attend the game.

I also look ahead to the following Saturday and book our hotel and travel arrangements for QPR. We will once again be travelling by train for the trip to the capital."

Saturday 15 March

"Trips to Leicester always prompt memories of the first game back in the Championship after promotion from League One. Few will forget Keith Southern netting the winner or the delight with the news that Wes Hoolahan was eligible to play following his disputed transfer from Livingston, but most supporters won't know that the team didn't leave the ground until after 7.30pm owing to Michael Jackson being unable to produce for the drug testers!

The drug testers are once again present at the game today, but fortunately the duo selected didn't delay the team coach too long after the game. Few expected Pool to get anything from the game but when David Goodwillie fired us into the lead, I just wondered if it was possible that an upset could be on the cards; unfortunately it wasn't to be and Leicester ran out comfortable winners and look to be on something of a procession to promotion."

I'd love our club to do something like this.

Can see Arry offering 4 million to Vidic's agent to take him on loan for 3 games to cover Dunnes suspension.

Fixed that for you.

I think Harry is deliberately over paying for players to shake off the wheeler dealer tag. Not doing anything to support his ludicrous claims that he's a football manager though.

Archived