Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ADK

Championship 2013/2014 Stuff it in here.

Ings (ankle) and Trippier (hamstring) out against Charlton tomorrow and both doubtful for Foxes match on Mar 29. :(

You shouldn't struggle to beat Charlton without those two anyway. They've scored 1 goal in the past three games, this new bloke's hardly given them a kick up the arse.

Bet they both play against us.

Depends if they are more concenred with getting promotion or catching us, risking the fitness of their 2 best players (arguable) in a game they could well lose anyway, after they play us they have 4 very winnable games with a 10 point cushion, I doubt they would risk not having Trippier and Ings for those games to try and beat us.

Good job it's only Charlton. Have you ever won a game with those two out?

We beat Leeds 2-1 last week without Ings. The last league match Trippier missed was Hull (away) last season - we won 1-0. Ings was an unused sub.

Chris Baird signed yesterday and could go straight in at right-back and Dyche hopes to sign a striker before next week's loan deadline.

We beat Leeds 2-1 last week without Ings. The last league match Trippier missed was Hull (away) last season - we won 1-0. Ings was an unused sub.

Chris Baird signed yesterday and could go straight in at right-back and Dyche hopes to sign a striker before next week's loan deadline.

Not sure if the stat's was correct, according to the sky sports app - you had 1 shot on target and scored 2 goals (1 own goal) luck is on your side, you be going up with is!

Guest MattP

Game Vs Reading will now kick off at 8:07pm to mark the 25th Anniversary of Hillsborough. All games that weekend will kick off 7 minutes later. Nice gesture from the football league.

Am I the only one who finds it strange? What's wrong with a normal minute silence like we use for every other tragedy? We never do things like this for Bradford, Munich, Ibrox etc It just looks like another case of Liverpool wanting everyone else to wallow in grief with them.

I could probably understand a little bit the Sunday 3pm games doing it as that was the actual exact moment it happened, but Monday night?

Am I the only one who finds it strange? What's wrong with a normal minute silence like we use for every other tragedy? We never do things like this for Bradford, Munich, Ibrox etc It just looks like another case of Liverpool wanting everyone else to wallow in grief with them.

I could probably understand a little bit the Sunday 3pm games doing it as that was the actual exact moment it happened, but Monday night?

not so much wallowing in grief as wanting justice for having the blame put on them by the authorities for an absolutely horrendous afternoon.

not so much wallowing in grief as wanting justice for having the blame put on them by the authorities for an absolutely horrendous afternoon.

Yeah but the families don't blame the authorities they blame terraces.

Guest MattP

And what does that have to do with us kicking off at seven minutes past?

The people who I know at the ground claim a lot of history has, well lets say been "rewritten" from what they saw. Though I suppose we all have to go alongwith Mr Cameron's compassionate conservatism and the "independent commision" now.

What was it Napolean said? History is a set of lies agreed upon?

And what does that have to do with us kicking off at seven minutes past?

The people who I know at the ground claim a lot of history has, well lets say been "rewritten" from what they saw. Though I suppose we all have to go alongwith Mr Cameron's compassionate conservatism and the "independent commision" now.

What was it Napolean said? History is a set of lies agreed upon?

you know a lot of Liverpool fans who say that? I'm surrounded by Liverpool fans and haven't heard that once, bizarre.

Guest MattP

you know a lot of Liverpool fans who say that? I'm surrounded by Liverpool fans and haven't heard that once, bizarre.

One who was in the upper tier. Also told me some shocking things about the Athens trip a few years back as well. Openly admits he would never be able to speak it to another Liverpool fan or in the city.

Though most of the stuff I heard was from two Arsenal fans I worked with who went in the Forest end, I bet their evidence didn't get past the Bishop of Liverpool on the independent inquiry.

One who was in the upper tier. Also told me some shocking things about the Athens trip a few years back as well. Openly admits he would never be able to speak it to another Liverpool fan or in the city.

Though most of the stuff I heard was from two Arsenal fans I worked with who went in the Forest end, I bet their evidence didn't get past the Bishop of Liverpool on the independent inquiry.

I'll accept the Hillsborough Independent Panels findings, if you're okay with the following then that's fair enough....

The findings concluded that 164 witness statements had been altered. Of those statements, 116 were amended to remove or change negative comments about South Yorkshire Police. South Yorkshire Police had performed blood alcohol tests on the victims, some of them children, and ran computer checks on the national police database in an attempt to "impugn their reputation"

Guest MattP

I'll accept the Hillsborough Independent Panels findings, if you're okay with the following then that's fair enough....

The findings concluded that 164 witness statements had been altered. Of those statements, 116 were amended to remove or change negative comments about South Yorkshire Police. South Yorkshire Police had performed blood alcohol tests on the victims, some of them children, and ran computer checks on the national police database in an attempt to "impugn their reputation"

Yes we all know that.

But what you are stating there actually had nothing to do with what caused it did it? The actual events of the crush and the cover up afterwards are two completely different things, the latter was deplorable but it didn't effect what happened before.

Do you really believe the official line that "no fans were drunk" - For an FA Cup Semi Final at 3pm? Seriously believe that?

Guest MattP

Ings (ankle) and Trippier (hamstring) out against Charlton tomorrow and both doubtful for Foxes match on Mar 29.  :)

Bonus and a half!!

Yes we all know that.

But what you are stating there actually had nothing to do with what caused it did it? The actual events of the crush and the cover up afterwards are two completely different things, the latter was deplorable but it didn't effect what happened before.

Do you really believe the official line that "no fans were drunk" - For an FA Cup Semi Final at 3pm? Seriously believe that?

shock horror, fans drinking alcohol before

football, that had very little if any effect on what happened. can you show me the official "no fans were drunk" line?

Quote from the panel: Crowd safety was "compromised at every level" and overcrowding issues had been recorded two years earlier.

Archived