Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ADK

Championship 2013/2014 Stuff it in here.

Happy to show respect for those that tragically suffered at Hillsborough.

Not happy that other terrible events, such as the Bradford fire and Heysel don't receive the same coverage and public show of respect.

Respect has been and will continue to be shown to the victims of both those tragedies, the difference is that Hillsborough was easily avoidable and the way the incident was handled, the campaigning for truth that has followed it and the way it has significantly altered football in this country with the Taylor report and all seater stadiums.

We wouldn't have constant reminders of it if the aftermath had been dealt with correctly, it would have been consigned as a tragic event in Liverpool's past rather than one that has affected the collective consciousness of football and not comparable to the other 2 tragedies, not in terms of seriousness but in terms of impact.

Bradford fire while no less of a tragedy is something for Bradford to commemorate and they do.

Heysel was a horrible stain on English football, and whilst we should still remember it, you can't blame people for not wanting to bring it up every year, as a footballing nation we have paid for the price for the actions of those Liverpool fans, and having served our sentence, like a reformed criminal, we don't want to hark back to those dark days.

Now more of the truth has come out about Hillsborough I see no problem paying respect to those innocents that lost their lives again, now the lies of the smear campaign by the South Yorkshire police have been exposed.

Guest Col city fan

Respect has been and will continue to be shown to the victims of both those tragedies, the difference is that Hillsborough was easily avoidable and the way the incident was handled, the campaigning for truth that has followed it and the way it has significantly altered football in this country with the Taylor report and all seater stadiums.

We wouldn't have constant reminders of it if the aftermath had been dealt with correctly, it would have been consigned as a tragic event in Liverpool's past rather than one that has affected the collective consciousness of football and not comparable to the other 2 tragedies, not in terms of seriousness but in terms of impact.

Bradford fire while no less of a tragedy is something for Bradford to commemorate and they do.

Heysel was a horrible stain on English football, and whilst we should still remember it, you can't blame people for not wanting to bring it up every year, as a footballing nation we have paid for the price for the actions of those Liverpool fans, and having served our sentence, like a reformed criminal, we don't want to hark back to those dark days.

Now more of the truth has come out about Hillsborough I see no problem paying respect to those innocents that lost their lives again, now the lies of the smear campaign by the South Yorkshire police have been exposed.

I don't know what you've been eating recently but your posts have come on leaps and bounds from your usual guff!

Great post this and I agree with every blummin word..

What's annoying about the Hillsborough situation is that on one hand I have a Liverpool mate, and on the other I have a Dad who will not accept that the police was responsible, and puts 100% of the blame on the Liverpool fans

I won't allow them in the same room

I know it can't be forgotten because it was a disaster but we need to move on, safe standing can't progress over because some people died as a result of the authorities not because they were standing.

Not sure this will go down too well at Reading!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BjKqWhaCIAANr9V.jpg

Yeh that's right, the coppers are saving us all from all the famous Reading hooligans.

It's not that football hooliganism has been pretty much eradicated, it's that the police are just amazing. What a bunch of total legends. Let's ban football.

What went on that day in Sheffield was a tragedy and won't be forgotten along with a lot of other events that ended in tragedy. To play the blame game is futile and a waste of breath. We do like a good old scapegoat in the country don't we

scapegoating and justice are very different.

I know it can't be forgotten because it was a disaster but we need to move on, safe standing can't progress over because some people died as a result of the authorities not because they were standing.

Now we have the truth, or at least exposed the cover up, there will be some more attention on Hillsborough as some serious wrongs are righted, and then we will be able to move on.

So, who will win the CLASH OF THE TITANS? Fiercest rivalry in football don't you know.

Who will bring home the prestigious and world-famous Brian Clough Trophy? (An actual trophy!)

Will the commentators be heard over the deafening and persistent chants about this exclusive, unique two-way rivalry?

Sweepstake on how many complaints Ofcom receive from supporters of either side for Sky mentioning Leicester in context? I'm going 476.

lol

Now we have the truth, or at least exposed the cover up, there will be some more attention on Hillsborough as some serious wrongs are righted, and then we will be able to move on.

They will never move on.

We beat Leeds 2-1 last week without Ings. The last league match Trippier missed was Hull (away) last season - we won 1-0. Ings was an unused sub.

Chris Baird signed yesterday and could go straight in at right-back and Dyche hopes to sign a striker before next week's loan deadline.

I never understand how this works every season.  Transfer windows, loan windows, what's the significance if you can sign someone in March with around 11 games remaining?

Not a Burnley rant by the way - just generally.

Ings (ankle) and Trippier (hamstring) out against Charlton tomorrow and both doubtful for Foxes match on Mar 29. :(

If it's any consolation, Vardy will probably miss out when he picks up a booking today.

So, who will win the CLASH OF THE TITANS? Fiercest rivalry in football don't you know.

Who will bring home the prestigious and world-famous Brian Clough Trophy? (An actual trophy!)

Will the commentators be heard over the deafening and persistent chants about this exclusive, unique two-way rivalry?

Hopefully it'll be a 4-4 draw, plenty of entertainment, Derby stay well behind us and Forest could fall out of the play-offs.

This is as big as the Manchester and Liverpool derbies, according to some bloke on TalkSport yesterday. Huge match which has had no top flight meeting for 15 years.

They talk about this game in all parts of the world.

Hopefully it'll be a 4-4 draw, plenty of entertainment, Derby stay well behind us and Forest could fall out of the play-offs.

This is as big as the Manchester and Liverpool derbies, according to some bloke on TalkSport yesterday. Huge match which has had no top flight meeting for 15 years.

There was a piece on East Midlands sport last night about a remote amazon tribe who travel hundreds of miles to the nearest TV just to watch this game. It really is massive everywhere.

I hope it's 0-0 frankly. Minimal highlights on the Football League Show and both sets of fans go home completely bored and unhappy with the result.

Talksport really is the dregs of, well, everything.

Archived