Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ADK

Championship 2013/2014 Stuff it in here.

Bournemouth turning reading over

Bournemouth, Ipswich and Brighton will be just 2 points behind Reading if the scores stay the same. Could be a cracking run in for what looks like to be the last play-off spot.

27 goals in one half!  Surely that cant be far off some kind of record!

Crazy! Its a shame we wernt playing Derby at home or it could have been more...

Brian McDermott

How do we view his job at Leeds? Is it a tough job with massive expectations in difficult circumstances, or badly underperforming?

They've lost 20 matches this season and are heading towards the relegation zone.

Brian McDermott

How do we view his job at Leeds? Is it a tough job with massive expectations in difficult circumstances, or badly underperforming?

They've lost 20 matches this season and are heading towards the relegation zone.

I did think he was a good manager but , running out of excuses for me. humpty dumpty is due a great fall if he does not get a win.  i think they have enough points to not worry though.

McDermott is a decent manager but working in near impossible conditions. Lost five in a row and eight in nine. Should have enough to stay up though.

Bournemouth are the real dark horse for the play offs, won eight in ten. It didn't quite work out for Eddie Howe at Burnley but his managerial record at Bournemouth is staggering.

1st season - took over when they were in the League 2 relegation zone, points deduction, transfer embargo etc - but kept them up.

2nd season - got them promoted to League 1

3rd season - left for Burnley with Bournemouth in promotion places

4th season - took over again with Bournemouth in the League 1 relegation zone but got them automatic promotion the same season.

5th season - has them two points outside the Championship play offs with five games to go.

Impressive, eh? Bournemouth legend Steve Fletcher said the other week that Howe would manage England one day.

Howe did arguably lay the foundation for Burnley to get promoted this season.

Signed Mee and Trippier, initially on loan, plus Ings and Stanislas among others. He also brought Charlie Austin to the club, who they sold for a tidy profit.

I wouldn't say Howe laid the foundations for Dyche in the way Little did for MON though. Burnley had been in the Prem not that long before Howe showed up; we were almost in Div3 when Little came and sorted us out.

If Bournemouth won the play offs , would they be allowed in the premier league ? Does their ground meet the requirements ?

I'm pretty sure they can. It's all-seater isn't it?

http://www.football-league.co.uk/regulations/20130704/appendix-2_2293633_2128218

Point 30 gives a bit of an insight in to what is required.

I think their capacity is high enough too.

After Forest & QPR, Bournemouth have probably spent more on transfer fees (with their associated wages) than any other Championship club. Howe had the cheek to try to buy Danny Ings a couple of days after we sold Charlie Austin. Thankfully, our money-grabbing directors told EH where to shove his bid.

I'm not surprised by their high position - I thought they'd finish top half and they have caught up after a dodgy start.

I hope they fall foul of FFP. Forest and QPR rightly get accused of flouting the rules but Bournemouth and their rich Russian owner are taking the p**s.

After Forest & QPR, Bournemouth have probably spent more on transfer fees (with their associated wages) than any other Championship club. Howe had the cheek to try to buy Danny Ings a couple of days after we sold Charlie Austin. Thankfully, our money-grabbing directors told EH where to shove his bid.

I'm not surprised by their high position - I thought they'd finish top half and they have caught up after a dodgy start.

I hope they fall foul of FFP. Forest and QPR rightly get accused of flouting the rules but Bournemouth and their rich Russian owner are taking the p**s.

Hey Lancey, what's the thinking amongst Burnley fans regarding catching us after Tuesdays results? I seriously doubt you will, six points is a lot to pull back with so few games and we can't play as badly as we did on Tuesday again, but surely it must be tantalising.

With Dyche and the team, all season it has been a question of "the next match" is all that counts. They'll be looking to beat Middlesbrough tomorrow and then start preparing for Good Friday at Blackpool.

As far as the fans are concerned, most of us just want to seal promotion ASAP - anything else is a bonus.

I'd be happy to finish the season as the team with the LEAST defeats and the division's BEST defence (34 conceded).

With Dyche and the team, all season it has been a question of "the next match" is all that counts. They'll be looking to beat Middlesbrough tomorrow and then start preparing for Good Friday at Blackpool.

As far as the fans are concerned, most of us just want to seal promotion ASAP - anything else is a bonus.

I'd be happy to finish the season as the team with the LEAST defeats and the division's BEST defence (34 conceded).

But will you have scored the MOST goals and got the MOST wins ;)?

I'd happily take 5 more draws - would give us 88 points. :)

Derby can get a maximum of 87.

You'll be up by next weekend, I think you'll get four points :fc: and Derby the same so you'll be 11 clear with three to play.

Archived