Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ADK

Championship 2013/2014 Stuff it in here.

I went to watch Derby today as my cousin had a free ticket and I have to say, we are a cut above them.  The two best players were probably Thorne and Martin.  Hughes, Bryson, Bamford and Ward are too lightweight.  Wisdon thinks he is better than he is, the defence looks very dodgy too.  

I went to watch Derby today as my cousin had a free ticket and I have to say, we are a cut above them. There two best players were probably Thorne and Martin. Hughes, Bryson, Bamford and Ward are too lightweight. Wisdon thinks he is better than he is, the defence looks very dodgy too.

You traitor!! But you are bellitling their best players so i will forgive you. :thumbup:

Yeah, but we've been saying that all season. I mean, Boro to beat Burnley at Turf Moor, dont be deluded.... oh, hang on, just happened. Results have been going for us, why stop now?

Ooops, just realised I'm arguing with Babs - sorry, no you are right, always were, always will be.

lol lol lol

Haha.  I would only take Chris Martin out of Derby's team.  I was genuinely surprised how ordinary they were.  Adam Clayton played quite well for the Udders.

Why?

We have beaten the sheepshaggers 3 times this season.

Why?

We have beaten the sheepshaggers 3 times this season.

Because they are third in the league, I was expecting slightly more from them to be honest. I know we have beaten them 3 times but I thought it could be because we just might be Derby's bogie team, like we have struggled a bit against Brighton and Chartlon in recent seasons. For me, they looked like a league below us.  Their fans thought they played well!

Oh fvck off Sean Dyche. I really do hope Burnley mess it up and don't go up.

Nothing against Burnley it's more that I don't like him.

Christ that interview was horrendous. Again.

I wonder how many points he thinks Burnley would have got with refereeing that he would have wanted.

I know right, do you remember last year when we were in the play offs and in the second leg in the semis we had a penalty in the 95th minute to win, but instead of scoring we missed and they went up the other end and scored and we went out crying?

That were top bants that were

Right , two requests-

1) Stuff Reading on Monday

2) Stuff the red and blue lot from Selhurst next season

What a crazy,crazy league  :scarf:  we were dead and buried and two half decent results have pushed us in the play offs.

I hope you go up. I've been to the Amex twice now, and still not seen us win, so I want to give it another go - in the Prem. Great day out and a couple of pints of great beer at the ground after the match. 

I wonder how many points he thinks Burnley would have got with refereeing that he would have wanted.

I don't wanna get into any arguements here but if you came on here last season and read some (many) fans comments you could have thought the same thing.

He probably thinks they'd be sitting top of the league with 126 points. After all, they are 'the best team in the league'.

Suppose I could see if it was my fault........ from that thread....

The problem is player attitude. I spoke to one of the injured lads the other day and he said the day Gary Brazil took over he handed everyone a well produced big document if what he expects from them, where he wants them to play and how he wants them to play.

Anyway most of the lads just chucked them straight in the bin including one who said "I'm not reading that shit".

Not a surprise they're getting battered every week really. 

Why would that cause the Florist thread to be blocked? Is there something I am missing?

I don't wanna get into any arguements here but if you came on here last season and read some (many) fans comments you could have thought the same thing.

Last year I thought we did a good job of self-policing the idiots by giving examples of what the ref did right where possible.  Sometimes this just wasn't an option though.  In fact this season we've had some very dodgy refs too - I'm struggling to come up with one off the top of my head, but that's because most of the time we've won the match anyway so we've been able to simply note that the ref was crap and move on instead of agonising over how his shitness cost us points.

Last year I thought we did a good job of self-policing the idiots by giving examples of what the ref did right where possible.  Sometimes this just wasn't an option though.  In fact this season we've had some very dodgy refs too - I'm struggling to come up with one off the top of my head, but that's because most of the time we've won the match anyway so we've been able to simply note that the ref was crap and move on instead of agonising over how his shitness cost us points.

Exactly and hasn't Dyche moaned about the ref when they lost to us and yesterday? Not sure about any other times? :dunno:

I'm not sticking up for him or refs just playing devils advocate in the fact some of our fans do/did exactly the same.

His first mistake was assuming the players could read.

Andy Reid probably just ate his

Seriously I'd be a bit worried if were a Florist fan right now especially after Physco once stated his next formation will be 4 4 3

Clown

Exactly and hasn't Dyche moaned about the ref when they lost to us and yesterday? Not sure about any other times? :dunno:

I'm not sticking up for him or refs just playing devils advocate in the fact some of our fans do/did exactly the same.

Based on what I saw yesterday(last 20 minutes or so) he was incorrect to blame the ref - if anything(and again it's only the last 20 minutes I'm talking about) the difficult decisions seemed to tip in Burnley's favour. Not to mention that he's the manager so he should behave with a bit more decorum than your run of the mill fan in any case.  Plus it's simply poor sportsmanship: It makes light of the job done by the opposition, whatever happened to holding your hands up and admitting you weren't good enough or the other team were just too good?  I know it's not a lost art because we've seen Nigel do it, so I can only presume Sean's being a bit of a Dyche on this one.

I watched the highlights last night and even though Burnley were the better team from the bits and bobs they put together on the FLS, as a Claret fan you'd have to ask yourself why they're currently that wasteful in front of goal.

They could've won it 3-1, 4-1, 5-1. Granted, Boro's keeper had the game of his lifetime, but still... Maybe the nerves are settling in.

As long as Derby or QPR are not catching up with them for an automatic promotion spot, I wouldn't mind Burnley playing this way for a few more games to come. :whistle:

Firstly we're not talking about the fans here, some of whom seem barely able to understand some of the more basic rules, we're talking about the manager, a representative of the football club.

As for "not sure about any other times", here is the fruit of 5 minutes of googling "Sean Dyche" followed by the games Burnley have lost this season:

Brighton 2 Burnley 0

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23736888

"Factually ( lol)I think he [referee Darren Sheldrake] has made the wrong decision [to dismiss keeper Tom Heaton].

"I asked the referee for his view and he said it was for unsporting behaviour, throwing the ball up in the air and catching it twice. I asked him whether he had seen our player impeded in the area.

"The referee has got one chance to look at it and he made a quick decision. Maybe had he spoken to the linesman there may have been a different outcome."

Huddersfield 2 Burnley 1

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25185436

Manager Sean Dyche says the officials were wrong to award a penalty against Burnley defender Michael Duff as the Clarets lost 2-1 at Huddersfield. Burnley were already 1-0 behind when Duff was penalised for handball.

"I don't think there's real contact with the hand, but it's outside the box so it's irrelevant anyway," 42-year-old Dyche told BBC Radio Lancashire.

To be fair, I can't find anything on the 1-0 away defeat at Middlesbrough.

Burnley 0 Leicester 2

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11708/9238676/sky-bet-championship-burnley-boss-sean-dyche-hopeful-on-sam-vokes-injury

"I thought some big decisions went their way today, and they've scored two soft goals from our point of view.

"I just thought that the second goal there was a nudge on the back, which is sometimes given in the box. It's outside the box, so why's it not a foul?"

Despite the injuries to his top two goalscorers and amidst claims that his side will struggle to get the necessary goals, Dyche appeared in typically bullish mood.

"Everyone's questioned that recently, but we've had 2-0, 3-0, and we've been putting the goals in. We don't over think these things.

"I don't think it's about spirit, it's about the quality we have in the squad. They're giving everything they can and will continue to do that."

And finally Burnley 0 Middlesbrough 1

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26897287

"Their keeper is man of the match but the officials weren't man of the match. There were certainly two absolutely blatant decisions not given.

"I have spoken to the referee and it always amazes when they say 'it is in your opinion'. I have looked at it 47 times on my laptop so I don't know how it is (an) opinion, that's what I am flummoxed with."

So that is 4 out of the 5 defeats in which he has publicly come out afterwards and laid significant blame on the officials.

I can see why they call him the "Ginger Mourinho". He's doing an incredible job at Burnley, but he shares the special one's penchant for blaming referees and also the tedious "little horse" narrative. Next season's Burnley v Chelsea post-match press conferences will go on forever.

I watched the highlights last night and even though Burnley were the better team from the bits and bobs they put together on the FLS, as a Claret fan you'd have to ask yourself why they're currently that wasteful in front of goal.

They could've won it 3-1, 4-1, 5-1. Granted, Boro's keeper had the game of his lifetime, but still... Maybe the nerves are settling in.

As long as Derby or QPR are not catching up with them for an automatic promotion spot, I wouldn't mind Burnley playing this way for a few more games to come. :whistle:

Like you I only saw the highlights, which can certainly be misleading (there's been a few games on the FLS where we've battered teams and it has looked fairly even from the highlights), but I actually agreed with Neil Warnock - I'm not sure any of the "amazing" saves by the keeper were much beyond regulation apart from the one he tipped over near the end. All of the shots were well within his grasp and the dives seemed to be for the cameras as much as anything else.

Tbf fans can be very biased. This is just Dyche being a douche. Every manager can moan from time to time but Pearson hasn't moaned anywhere near the same amount. It's not as if Burnley are the only team to have decisions go against them

Tbf fans can be very biased. This is just Dyche being a douche. Every manager can moan from time to time but Pearson hasn't moaned anywhere near the same amount. It's not as if Burnley are the only team to have decisions go against them

Watching the FLS now - He actually closed his post-match interview by stating they've "learned to grin and bear it".  No you haven't, Sean, you just spent the rest of your interview doing the exact opposite.

Why would that cause the Florist thread to be blocked? Is there something I am missing?

Just trying to see if it did or not mate as I couldn't think of anything else.

We need an explanation, it was one of my favourite threads.

Archived