Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ADK

Championship 2013/2014 Stuff it in here.

Did well lol. Couldn't manage to get Huddersfield any higher than third with the best player in the division by a mile in their squad.

No I think Clark had left by the time we loaned them Beckford.

Clark wasn't that good at Huddersfield. Grayson waltzed in and got them promoted. Clark has had to work in very difficult circumstances at Brum this season but, having seen them a fair amount, I don't think he's done very well. They definitely need a change of direction - Curbishley, C Powell, maybe Rowett. 

Clark wasn't that good at Huddersfield. Grayson waltzed in and got them promoted. Clark has had to work in very difficult circumstances at Brum this season but, having seen them a fair amount, I don't think he's done very well. They definitely need a change of direction - Curbishley, C Powell, maybe Rowett.

Remember how close we came to having him here !!!!

It was his first job and he made them into a decent League One side. Only thing that happened is that Grayson came in, very good manager at that level, and actually achieved promotion. A bit like what Bruce did at Hull, just taking Pearson's team that one step forward.

And lets face it, Chris Powell is no better replacement. Granted, he got promoted with Charlton and had a decent season at this level but he was in the same position as Birmingham before getting sacked.

It was his first job and he made them into a decent League One side. Only thing that happened is that Grayson came in, very good manager at that level, and actually achieved promotion. A bit like what Bruce did at Hull, just taking Pearson's team that one step forward.

And lets face it, Chris Powell is no better replacement. Granted, he got promoted with Charlton and had a decent season at this level but he was in the same position as Birmingham before getting sacked.

Chris Powell is a far better manager than Lee Clark. Firstly, Powell actually managed to get promoted from League One and then went onto finish in ninth position is his first season as a Championship manager. This season he didn't have a good year, but what else can you do when you have the third smallest transfer budget in the league and you lose key players in the summer? If Powell was given the Brum job, I think he'd do better than Clark. 

That worried me. How much of it was speculation? Was it nearly happening?

mr random silly probably knows better than i do but as far as i recall (i think its common knowledge), clark had got permission from hudderfield to talk to us and was supposed to come down the following day to discuss terms. that evening we sorted out nigel's return and dumped clark . his employers didnt take kindly to him wanting to leave them for us and then got rid of him.  maybe that why he doesnt smile too much.

To be fair Dyche has done a great job. He's won the league 9 points ahead of 2nd, amassed over 100 points, won 14 out of 23 away games, went 21 games unbeaten and got a joint 2nd highest points total in the last 10 years.

To be fair Dyche has done a great job. He's won the league 9 points ahead of 2nd, amassed over 100 points, won 14 out of 23 away games, went 21 games unbeaten and got a joint 2nd highest points total in the last 10 years.

i have a feeling that the april mom award to dyche was to make up for the fact that he wasnt going to win the main award.  otherwise, it really wasnt justified as holloway and maclaren had done a better job in april.

All on a budget of £1.50, absolutely sensational.

Guest MarshallForEngland

Come on, we can joke about it but we are the market leaders and have assembled a squad with a lot of pound notes remember.

Some harsh criticism of Clark on here. Did very well at Huddersfield and he's just kept the 2nd worse team in the league-despite all the off-field problems and the fact his squad is made up of 18 year olds, loanees and shite big time charlies (Zigic)

He took over a team that had finished in the play offs the previous season and managed to turn them into relegation battlers every year. Doesn't matter about the off-field problems, they had them before as well. He's had chances to sign players and continues to sign sh*te!

Sod Lee Clark! The big issue here is the complete media failure to credit Pearson for an amazing job. He has taken largely the same team and got 50% more points out of them this season. We were more entertaining, won more games, got 9 more points than Burnley and yet Dyche gets all this credit. Of course Nige has more dignity than Dyche and hasn't bigged himself up in the media in the same way. In a year's time I suspect Dyche will be shown up for what he is. Can't see his brand of football cutting it in the prem.

Chris Powell is a far better manager than Lee Clark. Firstly, Powell actually managed to get promoted from League One and then went onto finish in ninth position is his first season as a Championship manager. This season he didn't have a good year, but what else can you do when you have the third smallest transfer budget in the league and you lose key players in the summer? If Powell was given the Brum job, I think he'd do better than Clark. 

Same could be said about Birmingham. Off the field they are a complete mess. (Not saying on the field their any better, mind).

The big issue here is the complete media failure to credit Pearson for an amazing job.

Complete media failure????

Our Nige has done a sensational job and he has been massively complimented in the media, don't forget that. However, he took a team which finished sixth last season up as champions and with a relatively decent sized wages/transfer budget. Dyche, for all his faults, was forced to sell his star striker on the eve of the season and took a team fourth favourites for relegation to an automatic promotion spot.

Man City will probably win the Prem but you can easily argue that Pulis and Rodgers have done a better job than Pellegrini this season, taking various things into account.

The Dyche story is much better than ours to the neutral. But that takes nothing away from what Pearson has done.

Archived