Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ADK

Championship 2013/2014 Stuff it in here.

How can a manager, who was under enormous pressure to deliver and kept faith in a squad that collapsed so spectacularly, who manages to win 31 games and claim 102 points not be in the top 5 managers?

Complete media failure????

Our Nige has done a sensational job and he has been massively complimented in the media, don't forget that. However, he took a team which finished sixth last season up as champions and with a relatively decent sized wages/transfer budget. Dyche, for all his faults, was forced to sell his star striker on the eve of the season and took a team fourth favourites for relegation to an automatic promotion spot.

Man City will probably win the Prem but you can easily argue that Pulis and Rodgers have done a better job than Pellegrini this season, taking various things into account.

The Dyche story is much better than ours to the neutral. But that takes nothing away from what Pearson has done.

Absolutely spot on.

Do we really have to scrutinise every media outlet for not mentioning Pearson as much as our liking?

The media's primary goal is to get people to buy their papers, visit their websites or watch their TV channels. The best way to do that is surprising/outlandish/shocking news and information, such shocking crimes such as various school shootings, celeb paedo/sex offender trials and other equally shocking content.

On the other side of the spectrum you have the heartwarming stories, the favourite of these? In sporting terms, it's a good underdog story.

If you were to stand back and step onto the boots of a neutral, would you be more interested in a team on an average Championship budget, most likely unbeknownst to you of the cuts we've made, who have won the league without breaking many records other than the club's personal ones, or the story of a club, favoured for relegation get promoted on a budget much lower than most in the league, and only use 22 players?

As much as he's come across as a bit unsavoury, he's showed very good tactical nous, and its obviously going to become the number one story. But I bet that next season Nige and the boys are put much more in the light in the pre-season build up. Generally preseason analysis will be a lot more detailed than the general mid-season dross that drawn up quickly to fill up pages. I'd imagine Burnley's summer will be less colourful than ours so I can see more Leicester related media coming out in the close season :thumbup:

Derby's record against the top 6

P10 W5 L5

Brighton's record against the top 6

P10 W5 D2 L3

Should be an intriguing tie. Not expecting much from QPR v Wigan.

good stats but i believe Derby took 6 points off Brighton this season. Derby will feel confident

I fancy Brighton over two legs.

Derby have over-achieved this year, but man-for-man, Brighton have a better team.

INTERESTING that Brighton only made the play-offs cos of the three points they won off us when our team was hung-over.

I'm surprised that Reading haven't made a fuss about this...

If Brighton get promoted then it'll be because of our promotion party.

I fancy Brighton over two legs.

Derby have over-achieved this year, but man-for-man, Brighton have a better team.

INTERESTING that Brighton only made the play-offs cos of the three points they won off us when our team was hung-over.

I'm surprised that Reading haven't made a fuss about this...

If Brighton get promoted then it'll be because of our promotion party.

You think the league would listen to a complaint that our drinking cost Reading promotion?

Archived