Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ADK

Championship 2013/2014 Stuff it in here.

got a horrible feeling that despite no sort of form or ambition QPR are going to blag the third spot- if Derby do get it that will be the sides 1-2-3 in the championship going up which cant have happened too many times

got a horrible feeling that despite no sort of form or ambition QPR are going to blag the third spot- if Derby do get it that will be the sides 1-2-3 in the championship going up which cant have happened too many times

It's happened more often than the sides 4th, 5th or 6th going up I believe.

Derby did the double over Brighton in the league, Reading took four points from them so Reading would probably have been a tougher game.

Oh well, hope Wigan win tomorrow then a Waghorn winner at Wembley

Brighton did the double over us; we did the double over Derby; Derby did the double over Brighton.

Kind of destroys your point, I think.

Brighton did the double over us; we did the double over Derby; Derby did the double over Brighton.

Kind of destroys your point, I think.

The second Brighton game was a joke really, we clearly weren't up for it. Derby seem to have something over Brighton, and I believe Reading, on their day, are better than Brighton so Reading may've been a sterner test.

Derby fans are just a bunch of bellends. Would love it if they lost in the final.

They were bad enough before they took our chant and butchered it and now sing nothing else.

Atmosphere was actually pretty shit until they were 3-0 up.

Maybe they'll sell out an away game for once at Wembley.

Really didn't sound bad IMO.

That said their fans are genuinely even worse for us for nicking songs. Absolutely laughable. I swear I heard them doing "YOU.... TWATS..." lol lol

As for them on the pitch... quality. They actually remind me of Leicester in some ways, similar to us but just not as good. Played some very nice stuff.

From a footballing perspective it really will be a travesty if Derby aren't promoted.

Guest Col city fan

Im surprised by this apparent love affair with Wigan. They really do have piss poor fans. In a ground that only holds 16/17k? They couldn't even fill it for the home leg of the play-offs. That's bad. Apparently there were empty seats for most of their Prem games. Wigan remains primarily a Rugby town I believe?

It shows the incredible job that Martinez did there... for instance, to win the FA cup was no mean feat.

I think it's more about this daft dislike of QPR (Redknapp) and of course, Direby. But we have no affiliation with Wigan at all?

And their attendances are awful.

Im surprised by this apparent love affair with Wigan. They really do have piss poor fans. In a ground that only holds 16/17k? They couldn't even fill it for the home leg of the play-offs. That's bad. Apparently there were empty seats for most of their Prem games. Wigan remains primarily a Rugby town I believe?

It shows the incredible job that Martinez did there... for instance, to win the FA cup was no mean feat.

I think it's more about this daft dislike of QPR (Redknapp) and of course, Direby. But we have no affiliation with Wigan at all?

I don't think that the reason some want them to win the play offs has anything to do with their attendances, more the jobs that Rosler has done and the way they have been playing for a few months now.

What's wrong with that? I don't want Redknapp to get promoted because I don't like the way he operates and I don't want Derby to go up because I'd rather be the region's top team all on our own.

And it's guaranteed that, despite thumping them every time they visit our place, Derby will nick a 1-0 thanks to a Will Hughes fluke.

I don't think that the reason some want them to win the play offs has anything to do with their attendances, more the jobs that Rosler has done and the way they have been playing for a few months now.

I think MacLaren has done an amazing job at Derby. To be honest, I thought when they sacked Clough Jr and brought him in that they would end up fighting relegation, but the way they played this afternoon was amazing. Whoever wins tomorrow, the final will be interesting, and to be honest, I quite like the idea of Derby coming up.

What's wrong with that? I don't want Redknapp to get promoted because I don't like the way he operates and I don't want Derby to go up because I'd rather be the region's top team all on our own.

And it's guaranteed that, despite thumping them every time they visit our place, Derby will nick a 1-0 thanks to a Will Hughes fluke.

We are the region's top team. Even if Derby are up there with us.

I'm not going to defend Wigan's crowd as it was diabolical but they aren't awful fans by any means. One of the noisiest sets I've heard at home.

They're easily the least of three evils.

I'd rather Derby went up than QPR though and I mean that. QPR are one of the least deserving sides of promotion I have ever seen.

Guest Col city fan

I think MacLaren has done an amazing job at Derby. To be honest, I thought when they sacked Clough Jr and brought him in that they would end up fighting relegation, but the way they played this afternoon was amazing. Whoever wins tomorrow, the final will be interesting, and to be honest, I quite like the idea of Derby coming up.

We are the region's top team. Even if Derby are up there with us.

Good post buddy..

To be fair, Derby (though I hate em :angry:) have far exceeded my expectations. Massively so.

To be honest, it would be 'good for football' (whatever that means) if it was Derby who got promoted.

You can dislike a club (our rivals), yet still respect how they play and what they've achieved.

:thumbup:

I'm not going to defend Wigan's crowd as it was diabolical but they aren't awful fans by any means. One of the noisiest sets I've heard at home.

I'd rather Derby went up than QPR though and I mean that. QPR are one of the least deserving sides of promotion I have ever seen.

I've always thought given the proximity of so many premiership teams and the small population of wigan their crowds are good.

They can't win, if the stadium isnt full their suppport is shit, if its full its because of glory hunters.

Guest Col city fan

Did you shout for City under Sven and hope that we got promoted with the Swede at the helm?

Yes?.... because we did pretty much the same thing then as QPR have done (remember Yakubu on 50k per week?) And Fat Johnno on 15k? allegedly...

#hypocrisyreignssupreme

If you WEREN'T shouting for us at the time, then I apologise.

I've always thought given the proximity of so many premiership teams and the small population of wigan their crowds are good.

They can't win, if the stadium isnt full their suppport is shit, if its full its because of glory hunters.

Yep I've always thought they get it harsh. Reading's support is far worse than Wigan's IMO.

Did you shout for City under Sven and hope that we got promoted with the Swede at the helm?

Yes?.... because we did pretty much the same thing then as QPR have done (remember Yakubu on 50k per week?) And Fat Johnno on 15k? allegedly...

#hypocrisyreignssupreme

If you WEREN'T shouting for us at the time, then I apologise.

Col, Sven's Leicester is exactly why I'm so cynical to sides like QPR. Call Sven's Leicester a lesson.

Good post buddy..

To be fair, Derby (though I hate em :angry:) have far exceeded my expectations. Massively so.

To be honest, it would be 'good for football' (whatever that means) if it was Derby who got promoted.

You can dislike a club (our rivals), yet still respect how they play and what they've achieved.

Bang on Col. Still think we can take six points off them if they get promoted, because we have the hex on them. But I'd quite like them to go up, if only to p1ss on Florist.

No idea how true it is but apparently Oscar Garcia has offered his resignation after losing today. 

He must be mental. 6th isn't even a bad season for someone who was a total unknown in England.

Archived