Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Amin

Gran Turismo 6

Well GT6 has been announced and it is set to arrive by the end of the year on the...PS3. Bizarre. You would have thought Sony would have saved GT6 as a launch game for the PS4. Instead it will be released at the same time as the PS4 but on the older console. 

As a huge Gran Turismo fan, I'm nervous and excited in equal measure. While I loved GT5, a lot of people were understandably disappointed with the game and GT6 will need to be a clear improvement for it to be considered a success. While the driving part of the game was great, the racing part left a lot to be desired. The AI was terrible and the 'career' mode was poor, while the online mode was simply archaic. Polyphony Digital seemed to have recognised this and the new online mode for GT6 sounds promising, making it much more easier to hold championships and events. Whether the AI will be an improvement or not, we probably won't find out until it's released. Apparently there's a demo coming out in July, probably for the GT Academy like they did for GT5.

A few screen shots:

gt6v.jpg

gt61n.jpg

gt62.jpg

Will it come out on the PS4?

Talk of a port and a hint at updated/better graphics as the engine there running on now is alot more flexible than GT5. I am getting pritty bored of GT games tho deffiently need to add a few new addictive features also that Driveclub looks like it could be a good game.

It's initially being released on PS3 but it may come out on PS4 later on.

Doesn't make sense to me, PD should just abolish the PS3 release and develop the PS4 version further. GT6 on the PS3 would basically be GT5 version 2.

• 1 month later...

Is this gonna have a 'Virus' online mode like on Forza?  I four-king love that shit

Used to play the first couple too much on the PS1 when I was like 5, that Red Eskudo still comes back into thought every now nd again.

Hopefully PD haven't focussed too much on the online mode at the expense of single/multiplayer in-house modes.

Many games already suffer from this, just hope the balance is even. Some people don't want to online game with strangers and have to deal with cheats and trolls - which is a sad reality in most popular online console games.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Anyone think this will be coming to PS4 anytime soon?

Unfortunately no, unless it becomes available on gaikai in a couple of years. This would have been great as a PS4 launch title.

Anyone think this will be coming to PS4 anytime soon?

GT 6 definitely won't be on the PS4.

However, they've already started working on GT 7 and will be released in 2014 :thumbup:

beat me to it. I was well chuffed to hear that nugget of information

• 1 month later...

Archived