Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
General Smuts

The Exams Thread

A truck drives under a bridge. It is travelling at 40mph. It is 100 feet tall, but the bridge is only 80 feet tall. What is the drivers name?
Erm....what? Did I miss that or something? <_<

The equation of the arch that makes the bridge is y = (1/5)x(10-x). A truck 3m wide and 4m high wants to go under it. Find x, find the highest point of the arch, prove the truck can go through it.

Are you on the same examination board?

Probably not

When you say the very back page, do you mean literally with the booklet closed and flipped over? I know people were always missing those when I was at school and college.

Uni exam tomorrow, Geophysics. Literally shitting it. I'm supposed to be halfway to being a proper scientist and I can't even memorise equations or do more than basic algebra. I should have done an arts subject :/

When you say the very back page, do you mean literally with the booklet closed and flipped over? I know people were always missing those when I was at school and college.

Uni exam tomorrow, Geophysics. Literally shitting it. I'm supposed to be halfway to being a proper scientist and I can't even memorise equations or do more than basic algebra. I should have done an arts subject :/

Some kid did that for our Latin GCSE exam.

Laughed then but sure as hell wouldn't like it to happen to me!

The truck question was question 12 on the very back page.

:|

I saw the very back page but thought it only went up to 11 :S

The last question for me was about a lawn that was to be made and you had to find the perimeter, area and then some form of inequalities question related to it.

Yes

:|

I saw the very back page but thought it only went up to 11 :S

The last question for me was about a lawn that was to be made and you had to find the perimeter, area and then some form of inequalities question related to it.

I didn't have any question about a lawn.

Anyone else have the Maths Core 1 this morning? What did you think of the exam?

Definitely not the hardest paper I've ever come across, but although I completely shanked up a couple of the questions the rest seemed to go alright. Really hoping I've just edged that C (which is all I'm asking for, really) and pretty sure it will be there or thereabouts.

Anyone have EDEXCEL C1? Had it yesterday n'all. Good luck for anyone doing any today! :thumbup:

Nailed the practical task, I mean, proper nailed it.

I was on monitors first, the band barely had to ask for something extra in them. When on the desk itself I not only got a quality tune that I really liked, but the mix came together perfectly. :D

Can't wait to hear the stereo .Wav file with it.

Everyone should check out the act Cosmo Jarvis, was quality, a nice guy and great fun.

Edit - Just checked the online assignment grade thingy, the two things that were marked as it went on - Distinction, well pleased.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived