Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
General Smuts

The Exams Thread

WELL DONE MATEY. still killed ya in english tho... soooo all this year tyou've been tlelin me you're better than me at english i dont think so! HA! :P

I got a, a, c, c. A in ICT and english language and then a c in maths (:D) and history (:()

Odds on Dannyboy's had a couple of Bacardi Breezers tonight then...

Schools announce record GCSE results... Media question the standard of examinations... Government launches review.

Why can't they just praise young people (for once) and leave it there?

Well done to everyone who achieved the grades they wanted and commiserations to those who didn't!

Schools announce record GCSE results... Media question the standard of examinations... Government launches review.

Well done to everyone who achieved the grades they wanted and commiserations to those who didn't!

spot on, why does there have to be something wrong with lots of people doing well?!

Correct, I'm not disagreeing, however you do have to wonder all these students (Not just G.C.S.E) who's passes raise every year and say that it's quiet clear people aren't getting that much brighter every year? :dunno:

Exam results are overrated letters on a piece of paper that count for not much and they are all schools care about, Not actually teaching the kids but discovering the 'bright kids' early on and focus soley on them to get the good results for the school. (And before some disagree and slags me off for not giving people credit - That is actually a positive comments made towards the 'thickos' [like me] who are disheartened by their results - Saying that there is more than letters on a piece of paper)

I passed the CAD course I did this year by distinction. Can I actually use the programs with ease? Nope. Do I actually understand or know what I am doing with the program? Nope, Not a clue. On paper - Easy as my exam results shows.

That said congrats to everyone that has passed in whatever that did exams for this year though. :thumbup:

• 4 months later...

A level exams in general studies, human bio and psychology in the next few weeks :blink:

I don't see any point in general studies either, but i need it to get into uni :yawn:

why? surely your other a levels should be fine.some of my offers don't include gen studies.

why? surely your other a levels should be fine.some of my offers don't include gen studies.

I could probs get enough UCAS points without it - but i got Ds in my other As levels. So general studies is to just make sure i get enough points, and it was the best grade i got in As levels (I don't know how!)

Hope it all goes well guys/girls.

I've got an Economics retake on the 19th, and then A2 Psychology and Economics units a couple of weeks later.

No idea what sort of grade I'll be looking at, but just need that magic 260 by the end of this year :fc:

Ever since my GCSE's i never had the desire to ever do an exam again. I got great grades from it but the fact of revising and trying to understand everything on just a few subjects before the day arrives was not liked by me. That's why i always liked coursework: Get advice from it on a daily basis from teachers, friends, etc and just get on with it without having to wait.

Anyway, good luck in all your exams anyone taking them :):fc:

Archived