Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
General Smuts

The Exams Thread

So - my fiance's work mate is doing his Architecture DEGREE exam. Degree's are hard things aren't they - especially an architect degree surely....! well NO is the answer to that!

When I did my uni exams I had to learn a shed load and not only have to remember it all but be able to apply it to situations which we hadn't been taught about - we had to use our brains! We had to sit in a big hall, not able to talk to anyone, and only have a few hours in which to do the papers.

For this guys architecture exam, he gets one scenario with problems which he has THREE DAYS to solve - whilst being able to ask already qualified architects, use the internet, and he can even skype his tutor! HOW IS THAT AN EXAM! If he passes that then he is a qualified architect! I think anyone could pass that kind of exam! Funnily enough, three of his mates have failed this exam several times already! How is this even possible!

Bring back exams where you have to use your own brain I say!

:angry:

By the way - I'm all for using all available resources, and know that no-one knows everything...but I think having an exam where you don't have to learn anything before hand is defeating the purpose of getting an education surely! If this guy goes to a building site and is asked a question he doesn't know the answer to and they need to know now - what's he going to do....say "oh can I get back to you on that in a few days once I've asked a few people and searched the internet"???? Well I think we could ALL then answer that question - degree or no degree!

Done a 20% Economics computer-based test which is part of my HND programme for Business and Management. Got a D+. I'll be happy if i get a D+/D- overall as this subject is the most difficult one out of all the subjects i'm doing in my first year of the course.

Averaged 56 (2:2) in my first semester which is probably what I deserve considering the little revision i did. Did terrible in some questions though. Gotta bump up my grade to atleast a 2:1 this semester or its just going to be annoying.

Well done to some of the A level results, dont get lazy in june. My june results really dropped me down (from ABB to BBC, but still got in my uni i wanted thankfully).

Got a B in general studies, and a D in my geog and geog retake...bit pissed 'cause i was so close to a C, which i need to get into uni, but the hard work is starting now...promise.

The main news though is I got my summer timetable today and my exams finish 3 days before I go zante!!! SCORE!!

not sure how many ?

presumably you didn't pass maths :D

I did 7 exams in total had quite a few retakes, fortunately i don't do maths as i would have failed that :P. I got 2 B's 3 C's and 2 D's (E= pass at A level) which was alright, can do better though.

(E= pass at A level)

It's A-C. Anything else doesn't matter a ****. Getting an E at A level is like saying you can breathe, walk and hold something in your hand all at the same time.

Can't wait for my 3rd year uni exams on the afternoon of May 16th, the morning of May 17th and then the morning of May the 18th. Brilliant timetabling, that.

At least they had some compassion and gave me one a week after the 18th as well. Cheers.

Getting an E at A level is like saying you can breathe, walk and hold something in your hand all at the same time.

I was quite proud of that.

I got a few E's in my last exams which i retook this time. Cheers :P

Can't wait for my 3rd year uni exams on the afternoon of May 16th, the morning of May 17th and then the morning of May the 18th. Brilliant timetabling, that.

They will be nearish the play off semi final dates :whistle:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived